Question for my fellow dual-hatters

Started by Brad, August 16, 2012, 02:36:15 AM

Brad

Ok so I looked through AUXMAN, the help desk and COMDTINST M1020.6G and could not find the answer: are CAP/Air Force blue pants authorized as part of the CGAux "Trops" uniform? I know the shirt is, just trying to save money and avoid another pair of pants if I don't have to get them.
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

RiverAux

Brad

Ah well. At least I don't have to get a full kit. Pants, shoulder boards, garrison cap, devices, and nametag and I'm good until I ODU up.
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

MIKE

Quote from: COMDTINST M16790.1GG.3.b. Trousers The trousers shall be of conventional plain design with no cuff and of the same material and color as the coat. Air Force trousers will not be worn with the Coast Guard Auxiliary uniform.

And before you ask:

Quote from: COMDTINST M16790.1GF.9.m. Civil Air Patrol CAP/AFA ribbons are not authorized for wear on the Auxiliary uniform.
Mike Johnston

RiverAux

I really don't see why the CG needs a set of trousers that are almost indistinguisable from the AF trousers.  If they were a radically different color or design that would shout "COAST GUARD" to folks that would make some sense.  But seeing as how they are virtually identical, why not just adopt the AF trousers and take advantage of economy of scale and make them just a bit cheaper for everyone?

MIKE

If you try to wear AF trousers with Service Dress Blue it is noticeable. (Seen it.)  It's like cadets who wear old style Service Dress with their new FCU issued trousers.  What you need to remember is that the trousers are meant to match the Service Dress Blue and Winter Dress Blue Shirt, so in the grand scheme of things it is probably cheaper this way than to transition everything to shade 1620 or 1625... Though I've heard rumors of wash and wear trousers in wear testing.
Mike Johnston

Hawk200

Quote from: RiverAux on August 16, 2012, 03:46:29 PM
I really don't see why the CG needs a set of trousers that are almost indistinguisable from the AF trousers.  If they were a radically different color or design that would shout "COAST GUARD" to folks that would make some sense.  But seeing as how they are virtually identical, why not just adopt the AF trousers and take advantage of economy of scale and make them just a bit cheaper for everyone?
Makes too much sense. Someone would get fired over that one.