Cadet Ground Team Leaders

Started by metalscorp5, August 10, 2012, 01:56:19 PM

metalscorp5

Does anyone know how many Cadet GTLs there are in Nevada Wing? Or how I could find out?

Garibaldi

Quote from: metalscorp5 on August 10, 2012, 01:56:19 PM
Does anyone know how many Cadet GTLs there are in Nevada Wing? Or how I could find out?

There's a link in e-services that you can use to check the currency of the GT-qualified members in your unit, but I don't know if it works for the entire wing or not. I know when I pull it up I get a lot of folks in my region as well as my unit, but strangely not my wing. It's a restricted app so you may have to have your ESO or unit CC pull it up IF YOU HAVE A NEED TO KNOW. Not everyone should need to get into that.

Why do you ask?
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

metalscorp5

I do not have a need to know, I was just curious. Im about to get my GTL and Im a cadet and I know that there are very few, if any Cadet GTLs in Nevada. So I was just curious if there was some way I could find out.

Thanks.

lordmonar

Quote from: metalscorp5 on August 10, 2012, 05:06:20 PM
I do not have a need to know, I was just curious. Im about to get my GTL and Im a cadet and I know that there are very few, if any Cadet GTLs in Nevada. So I was just curious if there was some way I could find out.

Thanks.
It is possible to pull up everyone's qualifiction in you wing.....but it does not show if they are cadets are not.

And WMU seems to be down.

There are not a lot of cadet GTL's in NVWG.....because there are not a lot of GTL's of any type in NVWG.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Eclipse

Quote from: lordmonar on August 10, 2012, 07:16:27 PMAnd WMU seems to be down.

WMU no longer has any current information in regards to ES, and the links have been down for a coupe months.

"That Others May Zoom"

Shieldel

I'm a cadet in the 70th CS (Las Vegas Composite) and my squadron does NOT do ES...we just do the same stuff every week, drill, death by powerpoint, then once a month safety, AE, or character development. I've been acting on my own accord at the NVWG SAR Ranchhouse this year and got certified as an MSA, now I'm gonna work on MRO this weekend while we're showing the Air Force what we can do during the Wing Observed Exercise. If you want help with GT, I'd suggest getting in touch with Captain Prosser. His squadron is the Henderson Composite Squadron, I believe the 65th. His squadron is the one I know of that does GT, they're really into it, like heavy into it, they do classes regularly, I might be going to him myself. I know his sister, Major Prosser, she's the chaplain for my squadron and does our character development.

New here, have had an account but first post. Greetings everybody! I'm C/A1C Michael "Mikey" Scheidle
Formerly 2d Lt Michael D. Scheidle
Formerly Jack Schofield Cadet Squadron
Member of PCR-NV070, 069, 802 throughout my CAP Career
Former CAP Member 2011-2018

Eclipse

By "my own accord" you, of course mean with the "full knowledge and permission of my unit CC", Right?

"That Others May Zoom"

Shieldel

Of course, Lt. Compson (Squadron Commander) and my Squadron chain in the 70th are aware of it. As a matter of fact I just spoke with a Lt in our Squadron on FB earlier this morning about working in the ranchhouse and she said she's happy I've expressed a good interest, she'd be there too if her quals didn't lapse. The chain's aware and they're happy I've given alot into it. But then again Major Prosser did drill it into the squadron's head "What you put into it is what you get out of it" so much it's now the squadron motto recited at the end of every meeting after Commander's Call (closing remarks)

Shieldel

So apparently I said too much because I just woke up today and it said my SC suspended my GES.

Garibaldi

Quote from: Shieldel on August 13, 2012, 03:15:59 PM
So apparently I said too much because I just woke up today and it said my SC suspended my GES.

how...do they suspend...ges? more to the point, why? it takes away ALL your ES privileges, not just your specialties. ???
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Shieldel

Well I woke up about an hour ago got on the Xbox for a few while I put myself together then I come out to where my laptop and charger was in the living room (Was gonna watch TV) I check my phone to see if it was done charging, it said it was full so I unlocked my phone to see email CAP Related, my GES was suspended around 11:30 last night due to what my SC called "an opsec violation" The only thing that could have been considered a violation is the fact that I posted something on FB about it but I set it so only those in my Squadron that I have on FB could see it. It was sortof like a post to see if anyone wanted to come out (Me and the SAREX staff are looking for ways to get more cadet involvement, as previously mentioned, I've been the only cadet there)

Edited for typos, now for an additional tidbit...
I just noticed I can't modify those two posts, my guess now here is somebody from here decided to report what was said and it got me suspended. Oh well live and learn if that's the case -shrugs-

EMT-83

Wow, real world consequences for something posted on the Internet. Who ever would have thought that could happen?

Майор Хаткевич

Shieldel

Hey I was aware of it. I was shadowing the whole ordeal with the one SrA (red sox fan or something like that) That's what I was trying to say. I was aware I knew it could happen and if it did happen, chalk it up as a learning experience, live and let learn and move on

arajca

Quote from: Shieldel on August 13, 2012, 03:32:04 PM
Well I woke up about an hour ago got on the Xbox for a few while I put myself together then I come out to where my laptop and charger was in the living room (Was gonna watch TV) I check my phone to see if it was done charging, it said it was full so I unlocked my phone to see email CAP Related, my GES was suspended around 11:30 last night due to what my SC called "an opsec violation" The only thing that could have been considered a violation is the fact that I posted something on FB about it but I set it so only those in my Squadron that I have on FB could see it. It was sortof like a post to see if anyone wanted to come out (Me and the SAREX staff are looking for ways to get more cadet involvement, as previously mentioned, I've been the only cadet there)

Edited for typos, now for an additional tidbit...
I just noticed I can't modify those two posts, my guess now here is somebody from here decided to report what was said and it got me suspended. Oh well live and learn if that's the case -shrugs-
The system won't let anyone (except mods) edit posts after a certain amount of time to prevent someone from nuking their posts in a hissy fit.

I don't see anything you've posted here as being an OPSEC violation, but you did mention something you posted on FB. Perhaps one of your squadron folks reported that, since you admit it may be considered an OPSEC violation. Despite what some people here may say, unless you've done something extremely egregious bordering on illegal, no one here would report you to higher command.

In any case, your commander should let you know why action was taken and what you need to do to regain your GES rating. 

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Shieldel on August 13, 2012, 04:08:42 PM
Hey I was aware of it. I was shadowing the whole ordeal with the one SrA (red sox fan or something like that) That's what I was trying to say. I was aware I knew it could happen and if it did happen, chalk it up as a learning experience, live and let learn and move on

@Aux, I honestly doubt it happened from here. I don't really know what to think. My SC has been a little bit hooky lately, as in doing crazy things and the Squadron is a mess. Ever since our old Commander handed him the reins so she can go to Wing Staff, the squadron has gone down. We've lost people. Chain of Command is a mess, people aren't held accountable. We don't know if a position such as an ES officer has been filled. It's chaos

Posting that on this forum, AFTER what you've told us, and with your unit designator in your profile...is it wise?

Shieldel

You do have a point. I'm flustered and don't know what to do. I'm just going to step away and come back to this later. Think about it without the computer in front of me is probably a very good idea

lordmonar

Quote from: Shieldel on August 12, 2012, 09:59:32 PM
I'm a cadet in the 70th CS (Las Vegas Composite) and my squadron does NOT do ES...we just do the same stuff every week, drill, death by powerpoint, then once a month safety, AE, or character development. I've been acting on my own accord at the NVWG SAR Ranchhouse this year and got certified as an MSA, now I'm gonna work on MRO this weekend while we're showing the Air Force what we can do during the Wing Observed Exercise. If you want help with GT, I'd suggest getting in touch with Captain Prosser. His squadron is the Henderson Composite Squadron, I believe the 65th. His squadron is the one I know of that does GT, they're really into it, like heavy into it, they do classes regularly, I might be going to him myself. I know his sister, Major Prosser, she's the chaplain for my squadron and does our character development.

New here, have had an account but first post. Greetings everybody! I'm C/A1C Michael "Mikey" Scheidle
Or you can contact the Nellis Composite....we do ES.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

RogueLeader

Another thing to think about is that cadets have to be 18 to be a GTL.  I have 2 cadets that can't wait until that date.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Shieldel

Quote from: lordmonar on August 13, 2012, 06:55:04 PM
Quote from: Shieldel on August 12, 2012, 09:59:32 PM

Or you can contact the Nellis Composite....we do ES.
Yeah my dad's a Senior and he just reminded me of that. I forgot you guys did ES too