Main Menu

Belts

Started by Rachel F, June 28, 2012, 05:55:22 AM

Rachel F

Hey guys, so I have a dark blue belt with a silver metal end, and I also have the silver belt buckle for the blues uniform, and the black open-face for the BDUs.

Where could I find a blue belt with a black metal end, or is it okay to wear the belt I have with the black buckle?

Thanks

Eclipse

Practically speaking, no one will see the silver-tipped buckle under your BDU's, but otherwise you'd have to buy a propper BDU belt from somewhere, and it will have a buckle on it already.

They are easy to get online.

"That Others May Zoom"

Rachel F

Okay, so is it worth it to get the BDU belt? I'm just wondering what is common practice.

SarDragon

The BDU belt is the proper item. Common practice is wearing all the correct parts of a uniform combination.

That said, you might check at the Pease ANG base. It's about an hour from Nashua, over by the coast.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: Eclipse on June 28, 2012, 05:59:00 AM
Practically speaking, no one will see the silver-tipped buckle under your BDU's, but otherwise you'd have to buy a propper BDU belt from somewhere, and it will have a buckle on it already.

I've been asked to see my belt on multiple occasions. It is very common at competitions. But YMMV...
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

lordmonar

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on June 28, 2012, 06:43:38 AM

I've been asked to see my belt on multiple occasions. It is very common at competitions. But YMMV...
Competitions?  What competitions?  The only CAP Cadet competitions should be done in Blues.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: lordmonar on June 28, 2012, 06:55:07 AM
Quote from: Extremepredjudice on June 28, 2012, 06:43:38 AM

Competitions?  What competitions?  The only CAP Cadet competitions should be done in Blues.
Ultimate Cadet Challenge (FLWG only) for one... At my basic encampment, they had a competition, and it was done in BDUs (drill, academic, and inspection, IIRC). Another was at a group event, in BDUs.

Edit to clarify
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

ol'fido

Probably easier to find a belt with the silver tip and some flat black model paint.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

Abby.L

Quote from: Rachel F on June 28, 2012, 05:55:22 AM
Hey guys, so I have a dark blue belt with a silver metal end, and I also have the silver belt buckle for the blues uniform, and the black open-face for the BDUs.

Where could I find a blue belt with a black metal end, or is it okay to wear the belt I have with the black buckle?

Thanks

I've actually seen black tips as a separate entity. I've purchased them, and it's interesting, to say the least. You'd have to take off the stock tip, then you would have to put the new tip on, then clamp it onto the belt. I've never gotten it to close down as well as the stock tip did, but it saved me from getting a new belt.
Capt Abby R. Lockling
SSgt(Sep) USAF, 41ECS
Charlie flight, NBB 2013

Angus

A lot of Army Navy stores sell them. There's one right down the street frommy office that has them. If you want I can pick one up for you and mail it to you. 
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

Rachel F

Yeah, I was wondering if there was something I could simply put over the silver tip, like a clip-on black metal tip. Probably wouldn't be able to find one even if it did exist, and I am not keen on taking the silver tip off because it looks like it won't get back on once it is off.

I found a store 10 minutes from my house that sells the BDU belt for about $7.

Angus

$7 is about average I think that's whay I've paid down the street.
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

Eclipse

That's you best bet vs. something homebrewed.

I prefer the wider nylon ones available from BDU.COM and other sources, but the standard one is fine.

"That Others May Zoom"

a2capt

I've just sprayed the chrome tip on the older blue ones that have gotten "too light" for the blues, but still serviceable for field use, with BDUs, as there always seems to be spare buckles around/available.

vento

Get this

It is okay to wear what you have with the black open face buckle.