Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2019, 01:04:25 AM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  The Lobby  |  Topic: "We have met the enemy and it is Us"
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Send this topic Print
Author Topic: "We have met the enemy and it is Us"  (Read 17445 times)
jacksmith60187
Suspended

Unit: USSR-248

« Reply #100 on: June 12, 2012, 09:03:13 PM »

I like to know who jacksmith60187, Recruit, Posts: 14, Unit: IL-999,  is as he/she is not a member of IL-999

....Now THERE'S a shock. Gotta love 'pretend world'.

I was going to post the "You Got Served" or It's On!, but really, not cool.

If you want to hide/not show your unit, fine. But don't put in a fake/incorrect one.

Of course, given that all 14 (to date) posts are in this topic, I'm willing to bet any "cross posting" was done by someone more present there than here. :)

OK, OK, try not to get severe abdominal cramps over this. I changed it. It was just a placeholder. Sheesh.
Report to moderator   Logged
Snake Doctor
Forum Regular

Unit: GLR-IL-001

Illinois Wing
« Reply #101 on: June 12, 2012, 09:04:43 PM »

Thanks, yes I found that out!
Paul Hertel, Lt Col, Civil Air Patrol
Wing Chief Of Staff
Assistant Wing PAO
Illinois Wing
West_Coast_Guy

« Reply #102 on: June 12, 2012, 09:56:02 PM »

It's only accessible if you are a member.

I'm confused then. I logged off of both the forum and AOPA when I tested the link, but maybe there was a cookie stored anyway.
Майор Хаткевич
200,000th Post Author
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

Unit: GLR-IL-049

« Reply #103 on: June 12, 2012, 10:26:01 PM »

I'm confused then. I logged off of both the forum and AOPA when I tested the link, but maybe there was a cookie stored anyway.

Must be, I can't get on, and don't feel like making yet another login. :)
West_Coast_Guy

« Reply #104 on: June 13, 2012, 03:28:30 AM »

When I tried it again just now it did ask me to log in. I probably got my browsers mixed up. I've been logging in here with Firefox, and when I logged out before, I was probably using Internet Explorer. Sorry for the confusion.

Apparently the thread that people are complaining about being public is less public than this one. ;)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 03:33:10 AM by West_Coast_Guy » Report to moderator   Logged
a2capt
300,000th Post Author

Unit: pǝʇɹǝʌuı

« Reply #105 on: June 13, 2012, 07:51:22 AM »

You don't need to create another login with AOPA, if you have a membership # already, that's the login.
Майор Хаткевич
200,000th Post Author

« Reply #106 on: June 13, 2012, 02:22:42 PM »

When I tried it again just now it did ask me to log in. I probably got my browsers mixed up. I've been logging in here with Firefox, and when I logged out before, I was probably using Internet Explorer. Sorry for the confusion.

Apparently the thread that people are complaining about being public is less public than this one. ;)

It's public to a potential pool of members.
West_Coast_Guy

« Reply #107 on: June 13, 2012, 03:41:33 PM »

You don't need to create another login with AOPA, if you have a membership # already, that's the login.

True, but Jeders is apparently correct that you have to be a member to read it.
West_Coast_Guy

« Reply #108 on: June 13, 2012, 03:43:45 PM »

It's public to a potential pool of members.

Hence the "wink" smiley.
West_Coast_Guy

« Reply #109 on: June 13, 2012, 03:56:09 PM »

More "dirty laundry"?

http://forums.aopa.org/showthread.php?t=82040

Here's the opening post, for those who aren't AOPA members:

Actual quote from the safety officer at the morning safety briefing at a recent SAREX:

"Anybody can say, 'knock it off' if they see a problem - but there *better* be a problem."
Eclipse
Too Much Free Time Award

« Reply #110 on: June 13, 2012, 04:34:58 PM »

So are we going to just drill every other forum now for more non issues? That won't help anyone.

For the record  I agree with that Safety Officer allegedly quoted, as would most other members.

a2capt
300,000th Post Author

Unit: pǝʇɹǝʌuı

« Reply #111 on: June 13, 2012, 04:37:07 PM »

Me too. I've had my fair share of whiners throwing down a flag just because they don't like their assignment, the mission, etc., that they were well briefed on prior to departure, and had every opportunity to not go. I can certainly see the angle of attack on that statement, from both viewpoints.
West_Coast_Guy

« Reply #112 on: June 13, 2012, 05:57:48 PM »

So are we going to just drill every other forum now for more non issues?

If you're concerned that I might be "drilling" for stuff like this, the answer is no. It's just something I ran across that seems relevant to the issues raised here.

That won't help anyone.

I think discussing issues can help people.

For the record  I agree with that Safety Officer allegedly quoted, as would most other members.

A2capt mentioned people just not liking their assignment, so I can see that there is a legitimate concern that the "knock it off" option not be taken lightly. At the same time, safety is often a judgement call, leading to differences of opinion. Maybe the "knock it off" option needs to be supplemented by an option to say "I have safety concerns about this" for situations that aren't clear cut.

Майор Хаткевич
200,000th Post Author

« Reply #113 on: June 13, 2012, 06:49:51 PM »

That seems like what the quote says...

I read it as: Don't cry wolf.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Send this topic Print 
CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  The Lobby  |  Topic: "We have met the enemy and it is Us"