Renewing Multiple Quals

Started by Angus, June 05, 2012, 01:49:03 PM

Angus

I had a member approach me last night and ask me a question.  I didn't have the answer but said I'd look it up.  He's an IC and was wondering about renewing his IC, OSC, and PSC at the same time.  I've skimmed 60-3 and also done a search function and can't find anything.  I might be missing it or also entering in the words the wrong way.  Can anyone tell me is it possible for him to renew all at once? 

My gut from what I'm seeing is a resonding no.  But I want to double check first before I give an answer.
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

jeders

In TXWG we use the qualified supervisor chart to determine whether additional quals can be signed off. For example, some who is renewing their MO qual can get credit for MS at the same time. Someone renewing GTL can get credit for renewing any previously earned levels of GTM. However, you can't renew GBD and get AOBD at the same time. I hope this helps, though it may not. Your best bet is to contact the Ops guy at the next highest level in your chain.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

JeffDG

Quote from: Flint on June 05, 2012, 01:49:03 PM
I had a member approach me last night and ask me a question.  I didn't have the answer but said I'd look it up.  He's an IC and was wondering about renewing his IC, OSC, and PSC at the same time.  I've skimmed 60-3 and also done a search function and can't find anything.  I might be missing it or also entering in the words the wrong way.  Can anyone tell me is it possible for him to renew all at once? 

My gut from what I'm seeing is a resonding no.  But I want to double check first before I give an answer.
There is a "Sortie Equivalency Chart" that allows this.

IC can essentially renew all "Staff" quals by serving as an IC.  He can't renew "field" quals (like aircrew or Ground Team/GTL)

http://capmembers.com/emergency_services/operations_support/education_and_training/sortie-equivalency/
QuotePersonnel serving in certain duty positions on training or actual missions may be given credit for participation in other
areas towards renewal of their specialty qualifications. The following chart outlines the specialties that may be
accepted as equivalent for renewal of specialty qualifications.

jeders

Sorry, that's the chart I meant, not the supervisor chart.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Angus

Thanks.  I misseed that somewhere.  That might also help me get credit to get my MO and MS back. 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

Spaceman3750

Note that eServices won't do the equivalency automatically, you have to manually resubmit each qual you want to renew and the human factor will have to look at it and figure out the equivalencies.

JeffDG

Quote from: jeders on June 05, 2012, 03:20:21 PM
They're very close...

Well, except for the cross-over from staff to field...an AOBD can "supervise" a MP, technically even if that AOBD is not a pilot...legal, yes.  Smart, not so much.

Angus

oh Eservices I knew part of the Equivalncies I knew (just those that I need as GTL)  the upper stuff I wasn't sure on. 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

jeders

Quote from: JeffDG on June 05, 2012, 03:36:40 PM
Quote from: jeders on June 05, 2012, 03:20:21 PM
They're very close...

Well, except for the cross-over from staff to field...an AOBD can "supervise" a MP, technically even if that AOBD is not a pilot...legal, yes.  Smart, not so much.

Yeah. I knew there was something wrong looking at the chart, but it didn't click. I guess I haven't had enough caffeine yet this morning.