AFRCC uniform patch

Started by Airborne Medic, June 03, 2012, 01:04:34 AM

Airborne Medic

Can someone tell me where I can purchase an AFRCC patch?

krnlpanick

Military Clothing Sales from Base eXchange?
2nd Lt. Christopher A. Schmidt, CAP

Airborne Medic

Yeah, dont have one of those near me.

krnlpanick

I think you can order through BX over the phone (not online)

If not, send me a PM and I will check the BX at my base on Tuesday while I am there.

Airborne Medic

I probably need to redefine my original question.  I need to locate a AFRCC SMC Graduate patch.  Not just the standard AFRCC one which is provided to the unit members at Tynsdall AFB

krnlpanick

Maybe your training officer can contact the SMC Manager at the National SAR School and find out how to get ahold of one?

http://www.acc.af.mil/library/factsheets/factsheet.asp?id=3720

Eclipse

These are sold at the classes, you'll need to contact them direct.

This one no longer made.

The class coordinators had them in limited supply and made note of the fact that they would no longer be produced.

This is the current patch with "BISC" instead of SMC.
http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/1210/biscinsigniasm.gif

"That Others May Zoom"

mmouw

If you took the Senior Management Course, then the only way to get the patch is to purchase them from the instructors at that time. There is no where to go to get them. The SMC AFRCC patch is the only AFRCC patch that is authorized to wear on a CAP uniform.
Mike Mouw
Commander, Iowa Wing

Eclipse

So I suppose this falls into the same category as some other insignia - obsoleted with the new one not yet approved.

What's the Senior Management Class?

I'm only aware of two:

5-day Inland SAR Planning Course

2-day SAR Management Course (SMC) now renamed Basic Inland SAR Course (BISC)

"That Others May Zoom"

ol'fido

It's late and I'm going to bed right after I post this, but I believe that if he is not confusing the names that the Illinois Fire Service Institute puts on a Command and Staff Course for ICS. It is a week long immersion course in ICS and Emergency Management.

Just checked: Command and general Staff Functions for Local Incident Management Teams. Wish I could take off work for it but already committed to encampment during my vacation.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

flyboy53

The CyBorg is destroyed

I assume the purchase of these is just for one's collection...I mean, we're not actually authorised to wear them, are we?
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Eclipse

Quote from: CyBorg on June 11, 2012, 02:15:40 PM
I assume the purchase of these is just for one's collection...I mean, we're not actually authorised to wear them, are we?

In which flavor?

The SMC (now BISC) insignias are authorized specifically as one of the optional patches on the flightsuit, jumpsuit, and field uniform.
The related table (6-4) is more vague and only indicates AFRCC SAR School "Patches" insinuating that there are more than one.

I don't think the one with only the lower banner is authorized for CAP members.

"That Others May Zoom"

vento

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"