Main Menu

Jacket Sleeve Cord

Started by snpotratz, May 28, 2012, 12:46:59 AM

snpotratz

Hi all,

My officer's jacket came without the dark blue cording that goes around the forearm.  Does anyone know where I can but this?  I can't even find it in the regs but the Wing IG tells me I need to get it.  Thanks for any help!

SP
Capt. Steven Potratz
Deputy Commander | RMR-MT-037
Director of Safety | MTWG

a2capt

Did you look in the pockets?

Eclipse

Nothing to see on this line...

Edit..re-read...

Assuming "but" equals "get".

First check the pockets, especially inside pockets.

Second: AAFES or Vanguard.

It'll likely be a special item for either as it normally comes with the officer's jacket.

"That Others May Zoom"

abdsp51

Actually 39-1 Table 2.1 page 45 does state the following:

Polyester and wool blend, serge weave; semidrape, single-breasted with three buttons, one welt pocket on upper left side, and two lower pocket flaps. With arms hanging naturally,  sleeves will end approximately 1/4 inch from the heel of the thumb. Ensure the bottom edge of coat extends 3 to 3 1/2 inches below the top of the thigh; sleeves and lapel will be rollpressed.

Senior member officers wear blue 1/2-inch sleeve braid 3 inches from end of sleeve. General officers wear 11/2- inch blue sleeve braid 3 inches from end of sleeve.

Coat and trousers will match in shade and material. (Semiformal uniform is authorized for cadets only.)

Sapper168

Shane E Guernsey, TSgt, CAP
CAP Squadron ESO... "Who did what now?"
CAP Squadron NCO Advisor... "Where is the coffee located?"
US Army 12B... "Sappers Lead the Way!"
US Army Reserve 71L-f5... "Going Postal!"

Shawn W.

CAP 39-1 DOES mention it...  Pg 45 Table 2-1 in the grey shaded area.

"General officers wear 1 1/2- inch blue
sleeve braid 3 inches from end of sleeve." (CAPM 39-1)

Try here..

http://www.uniforms-4u.com/p-us-air-force-1-and-half-inches-blue-general-officer-braids-6417.aspx

Thanks

Shawn Warneke, Capt., CAP.
St Cloud Composite Squadron
MN Wing Civil Air Patrol

a2capt

It's usually pinned to the inside, bagged and pinned, or I've found it just stuffed in a pocket. But it's part of it, and not installed at manufacture because of the hemming required, and the 3" distance after the final cut.

Eclipse

Quote from: Shawn Warneke on May 28, 2012, 01:46:13 AM

Of course it does we all know that. 

I don't know what you guys are talking about!

"That Others May Zoom"

abdsp51

sleeve braid 3 inches from end of sleeve." (CAPM 39-1)

Try here..

http://www.uniforms-4u.com/p-us-air-force-1-and-half-inches-blue-general-officer-braids-6417.aspx

Thanks

Shawn Warneke, Capt., CAP.
St Cloud Composite Squadron
MN Wing Civil Air Patrol

FTR it is a 1/2 in blue braid not the 1 1/2 in braid for SMs. 

titanII

Quote from: abdsp51 on May 28, 2012, 02:39:21 AM
sleeve braid"

Sir, he meant one (quantity) 1/2-inch (width) braid on each sleeve. Confusing wording in the regs, though.
No longer active on CAP talk

abdsp51

Quote from: titanII on May 28, 2012, 02:44:39 AM
Quote from: abdsp51 on May 28, 2012, 02:39:21 AM
sleeve braid"

Sir, he meant one (quantity) 1/2-inch (width) braid on each sleeve. Confusing wording in the regs, though.

Uh no.  General officers per AFI and CAPM39-1 wear a thicker braid on their coats which is 1 1/2 inches.  Usually the braid is in the inner pocket of the coat when it is purchased from MCSS.  If it was not there then if you have one close to you I would recommend asking them for some and if that is not an option here is the link @ Vanguard for the appropriate braid for both the mess dress and the service coat:

http://www.vanguardmil.com/air-force-mess-dress-sleeve-braid-p-13224.html

titanII

Look at me, so eager to help out I was very wrong. My bad :P. Carry on...
No longer active on CAP talk

abdsp51

Quote from: titanII on May 28, 2012, 03:08:44 AM
Look at me, so eager to help out I was very wrong. My bad :P. Carry on...

No worries.

spacecommand

I think there was a very similar post a few months ago.  Any case, if you live near a base with a AAFES, try them first if it is convenient for you.  I was at the nearby AAFES asking if they carried them, and the person behind the counter pulled out a whole wad of them and gave one to me for free.  They said "we get a bunch of Generals here,  they don't use the regular ones". (as mentioned Generals wear thicker braid).

Otherwise as mentioned other online retailers sell them.

briancelis

I noticed that regulations tells you can wear the service braid, (the sleeve cord that was mentioned earlier,) on the sleeves of your jacket, but it doesn't say anything about having service braids on the trousers, at least to the extend of my knowledge. Any idea if having the service braids on the trousers is allowed?

ßτε

Quote from: briancelis on June 03, 2012, 12:47:18 AM
I noticed that regulations tells you can wear the service braid, (the sleeve cord that was mentioned earlier,) on the sleeves of your jacket, but it doesn't say anything about having service braids on the trousers, at least to the extend of my knowledge. Any idea if having the service braids on the trousers is allowed?
They are not allowed.

briancelis

Thanks for the answer! Appreciate it.