Annual Cadet Awards

Started by GroundHawg, May 25, 2012, 12:39:36 PM

GroundHawg

So with CT assistance I was able to get all of my cadets award write up sent out on time. Thanks for that! :) I recieved the AFA award a week to the day after submitting it, and recieved the AFSA award 3 days after submission.
I still have not recieved anything from the VFW, and its been 4 months now. Does anyone have a contact for them or any suggestions on a course of action at this point? I am a VFW member and tried to find out something internally with no luck. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

adamblank

I was having the same issue.  For the AFA did you use the contact from the awards regulation? 
Adam Brandao

Pylon

I can't help you with anything current, but I know the program works (or at least did recently enough) -- my squadron submitted for both VFW cadet awards about two years ago and received the award elements within a few weeks.  Did you send to the address in CAPR 39-3 and use the CAPF 120 including the appropriate recommendation format and citations for the criterion the VFW set for their award?
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

SARDOC

I've sent in requests to both the AFA and the VFW and haven't heard back from either of them.

spacecommand

Actually I'm in the same boat.  Applications sent out to AFA was no problem (earlier this year), but no word from AFSA or VFW for their respective cadet NCO awards.  Sent out as described in CAPR39-3.

Had no problems last year if I recall in receiving the award elements for VFW officer and cadet of the year.

arajca

Try contacting your local VFW. This year they contacted us about the awards before we had completed the paperwork.

GroundHawg

Quote from: adamblank on May 25, 2012, 02:17:40 PM
I was having the same issue.  For the AFA did you use the contact from the awards regulation?

No, I went to the AFA website, same thing with AFSA. Wicked fast and awesome awards for the cadets.