Uniform for meetings

Started by cadetesman, April 30, 2012, 08:10:08 PM

cadetesman

Anyone here in a squadron where blues are worn most of the time, and BDU's, less?

Just curious

Thank you

mrcadet

we did were blues more than BDU's but now we dont

The CyBorg is destroyed

In my first squadron, we wore blues during the warmer months and BDU's during the winter.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Sgt. Fischer

No. We just have Blue's meetings once a month.

Stay Alert!
Stay Alive!
CAP Safety!

lordmonar

We wear blues twice a month, BDU's once a month, PT clothes/BDUs once a month.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Abby.L

I would just love it if my squadron wore blues 3/4 meetings. Seriously, BDU's are a working uniform... Not a get pretty uniform.  :D
Capt Abby R. Lockling
SSgt(Sep) USAF, 41ECS
Charlie flight, NBB 2013

titanII

We wear PT's about once a month, Blues about once a month, and BDU's the rest. It really depends on the schedule, which can fluctuate.
No longer active on CAP talk

Nathan

Quote from: Levilockling on May 01, 2012, 08:10:50 PM
I would just love it if my squadron wore blues 3/4 meetings. Seriously, BDU's are a working uniform... Not a get pretty uniform.  :D

Most squadron meetings fit more of a "work" classification than ceremonial one. I much prefer BDU's. I don't find myself in blues much anymore.
Nathan Scalia

The post beneath this one is a lie.

titanII

Quote from: Nathan on May 01, 2012, 08:51:36 PM
I much prefer BDU's
+1
I prefer BDU's for regular meetings. Much more comfortable, as well as functional. Not to say I don't like looking [darn] spiffy in Blues, but it's easier to not worry about scuffing shoes or keeping your uniform looking perfect (we all know those people who pay more attention to their uniform then the actual meeting). Save the dress uniforms for special(er) things, like boards, parades, inspections, conferences, banquets, etc.
No longer active on CAP talk

Sapper168

My squadron wears Blues on testing/promotion night, PTs on PT night and BDUs the other two nights.  On the odd 5th wed. of the month we have a fun night and uniform is civies.  Well this holds true for the Cadets.  Most of the Seniors just wear the polo uniform all the time. There are a few of us odd ducks that follow the program though....  :o  ;)  ;D  >:D
Shane E Guernsey, TSgt, CAP
CAP Squadron ESO... "Who did what now?"
CAP Squadron NCO Advisor... "Where is the coffee located?"
US Army 12B... "Sappers Lead the Way!"
US Army Reserve 71L-f5... "Going Postal!"

The CyBorg is destroyed

Unless directed otherwise I usually wear my blue utility/flight suit.  I save my blues and G/W's for "nicer" occasions.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

MajorM

Call me old-fashioned, but I've always had the UOD be driven by the training that's scheduled.  Strictly classroom or drill then blues makes sense.  Doing field work, crafting stuff (rockets, planes, etc...) then BDUs.  Obviously PT is for PT.

Our squadron meetings are 3-4 hours long so it's not unheard of for us to require our cadets to report in one uniform and then bring a second to change in to.

Cap'n

We wear BDU's the first night of the month, have PT night the second (therefore, the usual PT uniform), and the last two nights we have Blues. And the occasional month when we have five meetings, it's usually civvies (occasionally Blues). So yes, more Blues. :)

spacecommand

For cadets, BDU's for "regular" meetings.  PT "uniform" for PT days, and blues for promotions/special events.

Spaceman3750

Quote from: Ground_Pounder on May 01, 2012, 09:36:36 PM
Most of the Seniors just wear the polo uniform all the time. There are a few of us odd ducks that follow the program though....  :o  ;)  ;D  >:D

I seem to remember you in a polo the other day. :angel:

Kettle, this is Pot. Black, over.

Sapper168

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on May 02, 2012, 01:27:13 PM
Quote from: Ground_Pounder on May 01, 2012, 09:36:36 PM
Most of the Seniors just wear the polo uniform all the time. There are a few of us odd ducks that follow the program though....  :o  ;)  ;D  >:D

I seem to remember you in a polo the other day. :angel:

Kettle, this is Pot. Black, over.

Yep, but that wasnt a regular squadron meeting either.....   :P ;D 8)
Shane E Guernsey, TSgt, CAP
CAP Squadron ESO... "Who did what now?"
CAP Squadron NCO Advisor... "Where is the coffee located?"
US Army 12B... "Sappers Lead the Way!"
US Army Reserve 71L-f5... "Going Postal!"

ThatOneGuy

We wear Blues two times a month (one in SS Blues, the other time is Service Dress) and BDUs the other two times. We might be switching over to only one Blues meeting a month, but I do not yet know. Overall the wear of Blues and BDUs is about 50/50 unless we have a wacked up schedule that month.  >:D

cwade1775

My last unit wore BDU's all the time.  Cadets would change for PT and blues were saved for special occasions.  My current unit is more on line with most everyone else, blues 1 meeting, PT gear 1 meeting (seniors in BDU) and BDU's for the other two meetings
Christopher Wade
Major CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
McMinnville Composite Squadron
Oregon Wing

Spaceman3750

Cadets in my unit wear BDUs 3x per month and blues 1. Seniors typically wear either BDUs, polo (usually the ones who get off of work late, long drive, whatever), and a couple wear aviators.

Eagle

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on May 03, 2012, 04:51:42 PM
Cadets in my unit wear BDUs 3x per month and blues 1. Seniors typically wear either BDUs, polo (usually the ones who get off of work late, long drive, whatever), and a couple wear aviators.

Your squadron doesn't have a PT month? Or do you just change from BDU to PT?

My squadron has PT the first month, followed by Blues for Leadership/Promotion, then we have BDU's for Aerospace, and finally BDU's for ES/Moral Leadership/ Character Development. On the occasional 5th Thursday, we have a fun night. Sometimes we'll go bowling, or we'll all go play basketball, stuff like that.
C/2dLt Thomas Bracker
Pell City Composite Squadron
Alpha Flight Commander