which boot do you think is more bang for my buck

Men's Rothco Ultra Force Jungle
http://bdu.com/mens-rothco-ultra-force-jungle?utm_source=bs&utm_medium=display

Men's Rothco Wave Sole Jungle
http://bdu.com/mens-rothco-wave-sole-jungle?utm_source=bs&utm_medium=display

Or some thing from the Naval Exchange
|GES|SET|BCUT|ICUT|FLM|FLS*|MS|CD|MRO*|AP|IS-100|IS-200|IS-700|IS-800|

(Cadet 2008-2012)

Air•plane / [air-pleyn] / (ar'plan')-Massive winged machines that magically propel them selfs through the sky.

usafcap1

I just can't make up my mind
|GES|SET|BCUT|ICUT|FLM|FLS*|MS|CD|MRO*|AP|IS-100|IS-200|IS-700|IS-800|

(Cadet 2008-2012)

Air•plane / [air-pleyn] / (ar'plan')-Massive winged machines that magically propel them selfs through the sky.

SarDragon

IMHO, Rothco sells crap. Look for a different brand.

YMMV.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Spartan

Quote from: SarDragon on April 10, 2012, 04:19:48 AM

YMMV.

I couldn't agree more. 

Altama, Bates, Cocoran, and Danner are brands that I have seen last people for years.  I had a pair of Altamas that lasted several hundred miles of road marching, heat, cold and swamps in the Army.  I tried a pair of rothco boots as field boots.  They started to fall apart after a few days of use.  Save yourself a lot of money in the long run, get good boots from the start.

a2capt

I'm sure Rothco means "crap" in some language, and is otherwise synonymous with crap in English. Trax is even better ;)

Okay, I just dated myself.

supertigerCH

RogueLeader

You get what you pay for. Rothco anything isn't worth the money. Buying something else would be better for your feet and mind.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

manfredvonrichthofen

Rothco is such junk I prefer my Bhramas to anything Rothco. But nothin beats a pair of Altamas with a good Vibram sole. I had one pair last through Iraq and Afghanistan.

manfredvonrichthofen

I was at Walmart the other day and found a pair of boots, Herman Survivors. They ROCK! They were about $45 and waterproof... Well as waterproof as boots with a cloth upper can be. They are really comfortable and take a brush shine really well. Slip resistant plus they zip up the side, which I find really nice surprisingly. I bought them for My EMT uniform, but I am going to use them for CAP too and see how they last. But so far I have stood and walked on them all day yesterday and this morning and they are the most comfortable boots I have found yet. I HIGHLY reccomend them to anyone.

Sapper168

I will say between the two boots presented I would choose the 'wave' soul, it was actually called shark tooth when i was active duty and came in two sizes of 'teeth'.  I still have boots with the large tooth pattern left over from my enlistment.
Shane E Guernsey, TSgt, CAP
CAP Squadron ESO... "Who did what now?"
CAP Squadron NCO Advisor... "Where is the coffee located?"
US Army 12B... "Sappers Lead the Way!"
US Army Reserve 71L-f5... "Going Postal!"

Private Investigator

Quote from: Spartan on April 10, 2012, 04:45:10 AM
Quote from: SarDragon on April 10, 2012, 04:19:48 AM

YMMV.

I couldn't agree more. 

I had a pair of Altamas that lasted several hundred miles of road marching, heat, cold and swamps in the Army. 

+1 on the Altamas - ALL THE WAY

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: a2capt on April 10, 2012, 04:52:35 AM
I'm sure Rothco means "crap" in some language, and is otherwise synonymous with crap in English. Trax is even better ;)

Okay, I just dated myself.

Trax?  As in the athletic shoes K-Mart sold way back in the '70s?
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Eclipse

The last pair of Rothcos I bought were not fully stitched on one side and came apart the first time I bought them.

Junk, especially at those prices.

"That Others May Zoom"

RogueLeader

Quote from: Eclipse on May 07, 2012, 01:14:36 AM
The last pair of Rothcos I bought were not fully stitched on one side and came apart the first time I bought them.

Junk, especially at those prices.

How many times did you you buy them?
WYWG DP

GRW 3340