Anyone here Delaware Army Guard? Aviation specifically...

Started by Hawk200, March 20, 2012, 03:47:55 PM

Hawk200

Moving to Jersey in a couple months, looking around for Aviation units, specifically Blackhawks (I'm a 15T) or anything that my MOS is compatible with. Checking neighboring states, too, just to have options. Websearches aren't producing a whole lot that give me the info that I want to know.

So, anybody here Aviation in the Delaware Guard?

PMs are fine, just looking for the info.

disamuel

Hawk200

Quote from: disamuel on March 20, 2012, 07:46:47 PM
Are you also looking to join NJWG?
Probably, if I remain active. Between getting married, moving, getting a job, going to college, find a new Guard unit, and becoming an instant stepfather to a precocious 11 y.o., I'm gonna be a little busy.

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: Hawk200 on March 20, 2012, 09:15:19 PM
Probably, if I remain active. Between getting married, moving, getting a job, going to college, find a new Guard unit, and becoming an instant stepfather to a precocious 11 y.o., I'm gonna be a little busy.
Congratulations on getting married, sir!

I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Hawk200 on March 20, 2012, 09:15:19 PM

Give it a few months and you BOTH can attend meetings. :P

jks19714

PM sent.

IIRC, the Delaware Army Guard flies Blackhawks in the Air Evac unit at New Castle County Airport (KILG). 

We also have a pretty large (for Delaware  ;D) CAP cadet squadron at the airport, which meets in what was formerly an Air Guard squadron's aerial port hanger/offices.
Diamond Flight 88
W3JKS/AAT3BF/AAM3EDE/AAA9SL
Assistant Wing Communications Engineer

NIN

Quote from: Hawk200 on March 20, 2012, 03:47:55 PM
(I'm a 15T)

I'm sorry. :P

Take a look at the PA guard. The Eastern Area Aviation Training Site is at FIG. It is not far from much of NJ
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
Wing Dude, National Bubba
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Hawk200

Quote from: NIN on March 20, 2012, 10:33:57 PM
Quote from: Hawk200 on March 20, 2012, 03:47:55 PM
(I'm a 15T)
I'm sorry. :P
You're sorry? Are you a 'Hooker?  ;D

Quote from: NIN on March 20, 2012, 10:33:57 PMTake a look at the PA guard. The Eastern Area Aviation Training Site is at FIG. It is not far from much of NJ
Might look into it. Time will tell.

NIN

Quote from: Hawk200 on March 21, 2012, 11:34:51 PM
Quote from: NINI'm sorry. :P
You're sorry? Are you a 'Hooker?  ;D

Since this is CAP-Talk, I'll keep it clean :)

I held two PMOSs in my time, 67U and 67Y.   Going from Hooker to Gun Bunny was a hard switch.  First day in the hangar, I stood in front of one of the aircraft and asked the instructor "Where's the rest of the aircraft?"

I went to the McDonnell Douglas "AH-64 For Dummies" short-course at Fort Hood in 1991, but that was primarily "here, we're going to teach you enough about the Apache so you can avoid accidentally putting a rocket thru the hangar wall while you're trying to tow it in for maintenance" rather than an MOS-granting course.  They took the aircraft systems, airframe, powerplant, rotor and powertrain, electrical, and relevant avionics systems (nominally, a 16+ week school at Fort Eustis) and jammed all of that in our heads in less than 21 days.  Lets just say that at the end of that course, I could successfully ID the aircraft, and tell you that it had TMs that I should have open to the relevant page when performing aircraft maintenance, but that was it.

Quote from: Hawk200 on March 21, 2012, 11:34:51 PM
Quote from: NIN on March 20, 2012, 10:33:57 PMTake a look at the PA guard. The Eastern Area Aviation Training Site is at FIG. It is not far from much of NJ
Might look into it. Time will tell.

Up to you, but you're likely to actually find something to do there besides stand around the hangar and listen to the technicians tell you all about the cool stuff that goes on during the week at the AASF.  It is about 2.2 from Trenton, however, so its not exactly as close as I thought. :(
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
Wing Dude, National Bubba
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

MSG Mac

Have you actually contacted the NJ, PA, or DE National Guard to see if there are any opportunities for you?
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member