Started by KERALA, March 18, 2012, 01:28:18 PM

RogueLeader

Camo doesn't make you less safe either.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Eclipse

Quote from: RogueLeader on April 01, 2012, 01:26:19 AM

Actually, is does, especially if you are lost yourself, and it can impede your mission capability if you are hoping to be seen by the person
you are searching for.

Camo's function is to hide something, generally a hunter from its prey, and vice verse.  It serves no purpose in SAR.

"That Others May Zoom"

manfredvonrichthofen

But you must admit... In most places it helps identify easily who is who... Police wear BDUs in a lot of places for various reasons, so does EMS. So, it makes it easy to tell who is city county or state and who is CAP, it helps law enforcement realize they don't need to worry about the guys in BDU because they aren't theirs, same with EMS. And it helps CAP not to walk up to a cop from an odd angle not seeing a weapon or other identifiers asking him why he isn't with his team or why is he messing with the police.

I do not see how BDUs are dangerous if you are lost. You have a reflective vest, you should also have chem lights. There is enough that you can do to ensure you can be found if you are lost that wearing BDUs they will not hinder you in the least.

The CyBorg is destroyed

As I have said before, why not have OD BDU's?

They would hearken back to our history (pickle suits) and to my knowledge no branch of the Armed Forces uses them.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: CyBorg on April 01, 2012, 06:33:47 AM
As I have said before, why not have OD BDU's?

They would hearken back to our history (pickle suits) and to my knowledge no branch of the Armed Forces uses them.
Part of our appeal is the uniform. Face it.
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

RogueLeader

Quote from: Eclipse on April 01, 2012, 01:32:09 AM

Actually, is does, especially if you are lost yourself, and it can impede your mission capability if you are hoping to be seen by the person
you are searching for.

Cite please.

Mission effectiveness does not mean safe.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: RogueLeader on April 01, 2012, 07:33:55 AM
Quote from: Eclipse on April 01, 2012, 01:32:09 AM

you are searching for.

Cite please.

Mission effectiveness does not mean safe.
rule 13
FTFY
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

sandman

Another potential BDU source...for the interim.

From Commissioned Corps Bulletin:

"Q. What/when is the phase-in period? Will I still be able to wear my BDUs during the transition?"

"A. The planned phase-in will be tentatively set for 1 May 2012 with a 12 month phase until 1 May, 2013. You will still be able to wear you BDUs during the transition, however, on and after 1 May 2013, the BDUs will no longer be an authorized Corps uniform."

Source: USPHS Commissioned Corps Bulletin
MAJ, US Army (Ret)
Major, Civil Air Patrol
Major, 163rd ATKW Support, Joint Medical Command

manfredvonrichthofen

I don't mean any disrespect... But I don't understand the connection of this to CAP. Please elaborate.

SarDragon

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on April 04, 2012, 07:52:44 PM
I don't mean any disrespect... But I don't understand the connection of this to CAP. Please elaborate.

If the USPHS folks aren't wearing them, then their left-overs are a potential additional source for CAP.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

AngelWings

Quote from: sandman on April 04, 2012, 06:07:55 PM

"Q. What/when is the phase-in period? Will I still be able to wear my BDUs during the transition?"

"A. The planned phase-in will be tentatively set for 1 May 2012 with a 12 month phase until 1 May, 2013. You will still be able to wear you BDUs during the transition, however, on and after 1 May 2013, the BDUs will no longer be an authorized Corps uniform."

But now our BlueDU's look like their uniform  >:D

Slim

Quote from: Littleguy on April 04, 2012, 09:09:02 PM
Quote from: sandman on April 04, 2012, 06:07:55 PM

But now our BlueDU's look like their uniform  >:D

Kind of, but not really.  The untuck ODU only has the two upper pockets, is a different shade of blue, and the insignia are different colors.

Slim

Private Investigator

Ford73Diesel

The CG is about to transition to a new camo uniform as well. (for the small part that wears BDU's/ DCU's) Remember with military surplus the average military person is bigger than the average cadet, so these sources might not be that beneficial. 

usafcap1

Quote from: EMT-83 on March 18, 2012, 02:32:38 PM
Quote from: Littleguy on March 18, 2012, 01:55:10 PMABU= We are praying we get them soon when the next uniform board comes around in a few months.

We are?

I am. It kills me knowing that we don't have them
|GES|SET|BCUT|ICUT|FLM|FLS*|MS|CD|MRO*|AP|IS-100|IS-200|IS-700|IS-800|

(Cadet 2008-2012)

Air•plane / [air-pleyn] / (ar'plan')-Massive winged machines that magically propel them selfs through the sky.

SarDragon

Quote from: usafcap1 on April 10, 2012, 08:00:38 PM
Quote from: EMT-83 on March 18, 2012, 02:32:38 PM
Quote from: Littleguy on March 18, 2012, 01:55:10 PMABU= We are praying we get them soon when the next uniform board comes around in a few months.

We are?

I am. It kills me knowing that we don't have them

What's the big deal? A utility uniform is a utility uniform. Is the color really all that important? Our current uniform is more functional than its predecessor, and has no major appearance issues.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

ol'fido

After several threads going multiple pages, I would just like to say to everyone that.....

I DON'T REALLY GIVE A BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP..
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

PhoenixRisen

Quote from: ol'fido on April 10, 2012, 10:15:19 PM
After several threads going multiple pages, I would just like to say to everyone that.....

I DON'T REALLY GIVE A BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP..

Don't hold back, sir....  Tell us how you really feel.

;D

lordmonar

Quote from: ol'fido on April 10, 2012, 10:15:19 PM

I don't beleive you.....if you did not really care....you would just ignore the thread.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Bullitt

I disagree with your statement that the OD fatigues were a "tactical" uniform. Although OD in color, they were more of a utility uniform geared more towards garrison duty that being in the field.