AD, Guard, Reserve, Auxiliary, Civilian= Total Force; your vision statment :)

Started by SAR-EMT1, January 31, 2007, 01:11:00 AM

aveighter

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that IAWG is the be all and end all look no further answer to everything and then some.  Having said that, they have addressed one of the major limitations facing us.  The inability to produce high level operators on a consistant basis.  It's a matter of fundamentals.  If you can't pump out quality people, squared away and ready to perform you will never attain the level of operations you have written so eloquently about for so long.

I agree that there are any number of elegant solutions to these many issues, from Level One thru continuing skills ed, interagency relationships and so forth.  Many have been discussed at great length and ad infinitum here and elsewhere.

But it's now 2007 and the barbarians are at the gate.  How much longer do you want to talk about the possibilities of preparing to get started?  Gonna wait for NHQ?  A more salubrious uniform combination?

I think I remember one of the comments made by Lt Col Critelli (forgive me if I misquote), something to the effect that they came to the realization that if they didn't act, nothing would ever happen.  So they acted and one of the first things they turned their attention to was a method of creating the kind of personnel that could fulfill the dream (so to speak) as a professional level CAP officer.  The relationships they have created with their state government are an outgrowth of professional level interaction by people who are professionals.  The fact they are unpaid is irrelevant to the equation.

So thats where I'm coming from.  There are probably better programs than Iowa's but to my knowledge they don't exist yet.  So should we continue with esoteric discussions and arguments or should we take something thats working, modify it to meet your specific variables and move forward?  I know how difficult the process is but at least you have something concrete in your hands to bash everyone over the head with and that will get a lot further than a bunch of pie-in-the-sky rhetoric. Bird-in-the-hand and all that.  And, remember those barbarians?  They're getting closer.

flyguy06

I didnt know much about the CG AUX until One of our CAP Group Commanders served double duty in CAP and the CG AUX and he told me a little about it. I did some research onthe web and I agree that I wish the USAF supported CAP like the Coast Guard supports its AUX. I mean they are actually a part of the Coat Guard. They work togethr hand in hand. My friend has subsenquintly left CAP and devotes ful volunteer attention to the CG AUX.

SAR-EMT1

C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student