Maybe CAP will one day wear Berets?

Started by GTRanger, February 18, 2012, 01:16:21 AM

blackrain

I worked some with AF SF last time over. The Defender 6 was an AF Academy Grad and as smart as they come. I would work with him any time. Yes we had some younger Airmen who got into some trouble but no more than any infantry Bubba or average Marine  >:D As for the beret, the only thing it's used for now is the Army ASU. Patrol Cap for daily wear is way more practical. One downside I see for AF SF still using berets it is if I'm a terrorist attacking a base my snipers will first target anyone wearing a beret. Just my. .02
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly" PVT Murphy

Flying Pig

Quote from: blackrain on February 26, 2012, 04:23:30 PM
I worked some with AF SF last time over. The Defender 6 was an AF Academy Grad and as smart as they come. I would work with him any time. Yes we had some younger Airmen who got into some trouble but no more than any infantry Bubba or average Marine  >:D As for the beret, the only thing it's used for now is the Army ASU. Patrol Cap for daily wear is way more practical. One downside I see for AF SF still using berets it is if I'm a terrorist attacking a base my snipers will first target anyone wearing a beret. Just my. .02

Hey....hold one one minute dude.....I resemble that remark! >:D 

abdsp51

At least no installation under AP/SP or SF protection ever fell to enemy hands. 

NCRblues

One downside I see for AF SF still using berets it is if I'm a terrorist attacking a base my snipers will first target anyone wearing a beret.

So... they will get the front gate e-2 or e-3... then the call for shots fired will go out, and all the cops will put on helmets...
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: NCRblues on February 26, 2012, 07:29:55 PM
One downside I see for AF SF still using berets it is if I'm a terrorist attacking a base my snipers will first target anyone wearing a beret.

So... they will get the front gate e-2 or e-3... then the call for shots fired will go out, and all the cops will put on helmets...
All the bases I've been to (that had a gate) had a TSgt. Or higher on duty...

Though they would likely put helnets on like you said...
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

NCRblues

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on February 26, 2012, 07:47:46 PM

:o

Never ever have I seen an e-6 or higher work the gate....

lordmonar

All the bases I have been too.....they had contracted it out! 

:angel:
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

PHall

Quote from: NCRblues on February 26, 2012, 07:50:12 PM

Never ever have I seen an e-6 or higher work the gate.... :o

Come by March ARB sometime. They have TSgt's on gate duty all of the time.
Of course they're the shift supervisor covering for SrA or A1C while they go eat, but they're still on gate duty.

SarDragon

Y'all have totally missed the boat on this beret thing. The ONLY possible color for an organization-wide beret is blaze orange. So simple.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

PA Guy

I think someone already beat you to it.  The old Challenger program in OR/WA wore a blaze orange beret I believe.

jimmydeanno

Quote from: PHall on February 26, 2012, 09:38:20 PM
Quote from: NCRblues on February 26, 2012, 07:50:12 PM

Never ever have I seen an e-6 or higher work the gate.... :o

Come by March ARB sometime. They have TSgt's on gate duty all of the time.
Of course they're the shift supervisor covering for SrA or A1C while they go eat, but they're still on gate duty.

Shucks, here they stick the Capt's out at the gate, even an occasional Lt Col or Col...which isn't to say that there aren't junior enlisted Airmen there.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

AngelWings

ol'fido

Quote from: PA Guy on February 26, 2012, 10:25:33 PM
I think someone already beat you to it.  The old Challenger program in OR/WA wore a blaze orange beret I believe.
Canadian Forces SARTECHs were probably the first.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

jeders

Quote from: Littleguy on February 27, 2012, 12:27:38 AM
Why are we argueing about SF?

We have to argue about something. And with that, let the countdown to lock begin.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

titanII

Quote from: SarDragon on February 26, 2012, 09:41:20 PM
Y'all have totally missed the boat on this beret thing. The ONLY possible color for an organization-wide beret is blaze orange. So simple.
Only if it's ANSI II compliant...
>:D
No longer active on CAP talk

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: titanII on February 27, 2012, 01:52:25 AM
Quote from: SarDragon on February 26, 2012, 09:41:20 PM
Only if it's ANSI II compliant...
>:D
Congratz TSgt.  :D
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

titanII

No longer active on CAP talk

a2capt

Quote from: SarDragon on February 26, 2012, 09:41:20 PMY'all have totally missed the boat on this beret thing. The ONLY possible color for an organization-wide beret is blaze orange. So simple.
..and it will match the CAWG GT uniform. Yay.

Gag me.

SPD6696

My opinion on fantasy uniforms.

I knew a guy, in my old Army Infantry Company.  He was into LARPing, for SciFi.  He had a completely made up uniform for his LARPing.  Looked like a Star Trek Mexican General with a Beret. 

My point?  If you want to wear a bunch of flashy, cool guy stuff, but can't, or won't join the appropriate cool guy organization, buy it and make it up, and do it. In the appropriate environment. LARP.  Airsoft.  MilSim.  Whatever.  Until then, conform to the uniform regulations of the organization you are a part of, and quit trying to find ways to bend or flex or break the rules.
"You are
  What you do
  When it counts." - Steakley, "Armor"

"If you can't do something smart, do something right."

NCRblues

Quote from: SPD6696 on February 27, 2012, 03:53:33 AM
and quit trying to find ways to bend or flex or break the rules.

HA, man I don't know what military you served in, but the one I served in...EVERYONE tried to bend/flex/break the "rules" as much as they could. Heck, I am pretty sure that's the norm in almost every organization. Its just learning to walk that line of what you can do and what you cant do and get away with.

What's that old saying.... "You aint tryin if you aint cheatin"...