New CAPR 39-3 Published

Started by Eclipse, February 08, 2012, 02:17:28 AM

ZigZag911

Also, the aim is generally to encourage cadets to complete the required elements of their program (e.g., basic encampment for Mitchell Award) before branching into "elective" areas.

bassque

I do like how they include Cyber Patriot not as a part of the Cadet Special Activity Ribbon.  It's a pretty high requirement to make the finals to get credit but it's good something is recognizing that program as something we do really well. 

Paul Creed III

I concur on adding CyberPatriot as one of the activities that qualify for the NCSA ribbon. Having coached a team last year and this year (with my team this year being one of the four CAP teams in the final round), I understand the workload that goes into getting a team to the final round. The cadets and seniors involved are certainly deserving.
Lt Col Paul Creed III, CAP

Patterson

^ Seriously??  Thats like saying "my Color Guard spends 10 hours per week outside of normal meetings performing, so we should get a ribbon".

I have also been involved with Cyber Patriot.  A team can do the minimum and happen to advance, while the team that puts actual effort in gets shafted.  The program is based on random number generators and luck.  Very little if any actual knowledge is required!