Main Menu

NCSA app

Started by cadetesman, January 16, 2012, 04:12:02 AM

cadetesman

I am currently in the process of putting in my NCSA apps on eservices.

However, I did not attend my wing's selection boards, and am wondering if I still even stand a chance.

Also, as I am currently a SrA, will the people in charge of NCSA admissions be able to see when I promote?

Thank you

Extremepredjudice

Since it is digital, probably.

They went over this at the encampment. You still stand a chance.

I didn't go to SASBs, either... It can't hurt to apply.

What are you applying for?
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

cadetesman

Applying for all 4 powered flight academies

Both Undergraduate pilot training courses

Space Command Familiarization at Patrick AFB

Civil Engineering Familiarization at Tyndall AFB

Really would love to go to ANY of them!

Extremepredjudice

Honor Guard Academy. If I don't get accepted to that, then I don't want to go to a NCSA.

None of them are my cup o' tea.

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor

NCRblues

So, you did not go to your wings NCSA boards, but you feel that you are ready to represent your wing at NCSAs.... you don't see a problem here at all?
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: NCRblues on January 16, 2012, 06:01:56 AM
So, you did not go to your wings NCSA boards, but you feel that you are ready to represent your wing at NCSAs.... you don't see a problem here at all?
Sir,

Wing DCP told us we don't have to go to SASBs.

In my life college comes before CAP.

Programs don't write themselves, and I can't write one at SASBs. Papers don't either.

I know I'm not the only one in CAP that can't go to SASBs because of college, work, something else that is more important than CAP.

Respectfully sir, the fact I need to respond to this is ludicrous. If you think I am not dedicated because I chose something over CAP, then fine. Think that. Going to HGA won't pay my bills when I'm older. Sir, I was going to go to SASBs, I was running again to get my mile time around 5:30. I don't control when my professor decides to assign us stuff.

Not my fault. Live with it.

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor

NCRblues

Than it sounds like you're too busy to go to the NCSA...

That's just my opinion...and to quote you "live with it"....
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

BillB

NCRBlues....Last I heard most all Special Activities are during the summer, not during the average college year. So there should be no problem of being to busy at college to go to Special Activities. Unless Extremepredjudice is planning on going to summer svchool, which obviously he is not since he does want to go to HGA the problem you see doesn't exist.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

HGjunkie

If this is FLWG we're talking about, then it's a valid choice to not go to SASB.

My C/CC talked to the Wing Director of CP, and found out that A] only the top 10 cadets OVERALL actually get slot preferences, and B] You will get wing approval whether or not you attend.

Since only the top 10 overall get "choice" slotting, everyone else who goes is basically in a giant wing-wide competition to see who's better at what, and if you're not in the top 10 you're just seeing how you stack up compared to everyone else. For a lot of cadets, (including me) it's a lot of time and money (Hotels, getting uniforms cleaned, food, gas, etc...) especially since any Cadets in my area are having Exams this week.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

shlebz

As far as i know, WIWG hasn't even had theirs, and last year they didnt even hold them. So i would defanitly still apply. Most CAP activities are on a case to case basis.
C/1stLt Shelby Heberling
Mitchell #59813

Tim Medeiros

There are other reasons to go to the SASBs HGjunkie, I for one went every year until last year to meet up with friends from around the wing.  It is a great way to catch up with old friends or make new ones.  See what others are doing in their squadrons that I would be able to propose to my own, etc.

Then again, I can also be rather competitive so that might have had an influence.
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811

HGjunkie

Quote from: Tim Medeiros on January 17, 2012, 02:43:14 AM
There are other reasons to go to the SASBs HGjunkie, I for one went every year until last year to meet up with friends from around the wing.  It is a great way to catch up with old friends or make new ones.  See what others are doing in their squadrons that I would be able to propose to my own, etc.

Then again, I can also be rather competitive so that might have had an influence.

That's understandable, and I have gone for the past 2 years (I've enjoyed the experience and made some friends along the way). But this year they scheduled it too early in the year, and I couldn't balance Exams along with SASB.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF