Main Menu

Holiday Loot

Started by Eclipse, December 25, 2011, 05:48:45 AM

Eclipse

I scored one of these tonight from my secret Santa:

http://www.coastportland.com/hl7-led-headlamp.htm

I have never seen a brighter headlamp, or any flashlight for that matter, and I took the thing
full-on right in the eyes the first time I switched it on.

A big cup of awesome...

"That Others May Zoom"

Hawk200

I'd post my loot, but it would probably get taken down.

And you're secret Santa is a decent shopper.

jimmydeanno

My loot has nothing to do with CAP.  It included things like a 10" drill press, new router table, a few tool sets (pliers, etc), a new compressor, and a portable tire inflator. 
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

cap235629

my "loot" has got to top all of these.  After 7 months of being unemployed I start my new position paying 12k more than the one I was let go from on Tuesday.  All I asked for was piece of mind, and prayers were answered.  Now I just hope that my CAP life will be compatible with my new "day" job......
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

Cliff_Chambliss

Christmas loot, There was an electric motorcycle, fishing stuff, RC cars, RC Helicopter, several cameras, an IPad, a Nook, 2 Kindle Fire Tablets, lots of food.  But the best part was sitting with my wife beside me, and our three daughters and 13 grandchildren and cousins, in-laws, and other relatives all home, all safe and all healthy.    Yes, Christmas was very good to us this year. 
11th Armored Cavalry Regiment
2d Armored Cavalry Regiment
3d Infantry Division
504th BattleField Surveillance Brigade

ARMY:  Because even the Marines need heros.    
CAVALRY:  If it were easy it would be called infantry.

Stonewall

I got the one thing I wanted...

Gift certs to movies and my favorite BBQ place.

Pretty much it.  Christmas is all about the kids these days, and well worth it.
Serving since 1987.

SarDragon

New phones -  Samsung Galaxy S II for me, and a Motorola Atrix 2 for My Sweetie. She also got a Nook Tablet.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Spaceman3750

I plan to use Siri to answer the great CAP mysteries. First and foremost:

"Siri, where is Cadet Snuffy and why isn't he where I told him to stand?"

NCRblues

I got season hockey tickets!!!!

and a mess dress...Santa was good to me... anyone need AD Lt. Col shoulder boards from a mess dress??
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

GroundHawg

I did get the hockey tickets I was after and some sweet Craftsman schwag but the Kimber or Dan Wesson in 10MM or a Blackhawk in 41Mag were a no-go for the 6th consecutive year. Maybe next year...

lordmonar

I got a fancy wine cork....and that is all  :'(
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

EMT-83

Was that a CAP wine cork? From Vanguard?

lordmonar

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

davidsinn

Acer Iconia A500 tablet, Acer bluetooth keyboard, a years supply of screen protectors, folio case and a very nice, blue nylon man purse small messenger bag to tote it all.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

EMT-83

Rand McNally RV GPS unit. Hope it keeps the motorhome away from those low bridges and passenger car only routes.

Christensen

Oh how I love Christmas! Best part is being with family.

I think my favorite present this year was getting a call from my brother who is currently serving in Afghanistan. :D

Materialistic-wise present would be an arduino and another electrical/circuitry/programming/bread boarding kit.  For the record: I'm a teenage girl who loves to break stereotypes. :)

Happy Holidays Everyone!
C/Capt Kelsi Christensen, CAP
Cache Valley Composite Squadron
RMR-UT-049

Extremepredjudice

I got another home server...

This is gunna be fun :)
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

titanII

I got a sweet pair of Atlas mountaineering-type snowshoes- my old ones needed duct tape on the bindings to be usable.  Outdoor gadget-wise, I also got a 75 lumens Black Diamond headlamp and a wind meter that calculates the "feels-like" temperature. :D
No longer active on CAP talk

titanII

sorry, I messed up while trying to edit my last post. ignore this!
No longer active on CAP talk

♠SARKID♠

Got some Green Bay Packers and Milwaukee Brewers sweatshirts, a new knife sharpener, flip up scope covers for my hunting rifle, a new fly tying vice (broke the last one), a couple video games, and a boatload of gift cards including one for REI so I can get the rest of my rappelling gear.

I also got a new Camelbak HAWG but my giftgiver ordered it in ACU instead of black so I have to get it exchanged.  I outgrew the MULE: not because I got bigger - my gear did.