The King Is Dead, Long Live The King

Started by Eclipse, December 11, 2011, 11:27:26 PM

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: EMT-83 on December 17, 2011, 09:23:09 PM
Nowhere did she mention the development of new uniforms, let alone express a desire of what color they should be.

I don't know where you get the idea that new uniforms are in the pipeline.

The CSU was killed, ostensibly to reduce the number of uniforms we have, though it would have been just as easy to kill off the G/W/blazer.  So I didn't buy that excuse, though they didn't ask me.

General Courter's ICL/PowerPoint reinforced the status of the G/W/blazer and said absolutely nothing about any new uniform design.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Hardshell Clam

Quote from: Major Lord on December 19, 2011, 03:09:37 PM
We have a lot to learn from Major Tony Nelson. Remember how he was compromised into revealing every facet of his his Air Force career and secret info to a hot blond chick with admitted ties to Baghdad? At the time of the series, Iraq was nearly a satellite state of the Soviet Union, and armed and equipped by Russia. Its clear that Major Nelson fell into the classic "Honey Trap" used by the Soviets by way of their Iraqi agency Jihaz Al-Mukhabarat Al-A'ma' Directorate 4 ( How many hot blond English speaking Iraqi's are there?) Obviously, Jeannie used mind altering drugs and the promise of sex as  way of controlling Major Nelson, and like any good agent handler, she played him like a fish. He even roped his over-sexed best friend Roger Healey into his hapless conspiracy, with unfulfilled bribes of sex, money, and power. A classic intelligence operation. He may have looked good in the old Service Coat, but someone should have double-tapped  Major Nelson before he could further compromise our Country's security! It was a dark story of betrayal and ruin. Of course, Barbara Eden was Smokin' hot........

Major Lord

Yes, a classic case study taught in my 97B MOS school! ;)

Major Lord

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

Hardshell Clam

Quote from: Major Lord on December 20, 2011, 02:47:55 AM
Fort Holabird?

Major Lord

Closed prior to my enlistment. After that MI was in AZ...
My unit was the 163rd MI (C), III Corps, West Ft Hood, TX. Did I pass?

Skydude61

This is a question again for all of those who wear the jackets....
is there an effective way of dealing with
1) a collar that won't stay sharp and creased even after a clean and press
2) those nasty litttle threads that the embroidered USAF insignia left on the sleeve that give us all these little fuzzy puffs....

Major Lord

Quote from: Hardshell Clam on December 20, 2011, 03:18:52 AM
Fort Holabird?

Major Lord

No need to be defensive, it was not a test-thats the other guy.  Its just to cold in that area of the world for me. If I was testing you, I would asked the color of the boat house at Hereford.  :)

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

Persona non grata

RED and it was not really a boat house!
Rock, Flag & Eagle.........

Hardshell Clam

Quote from: Major Lord on December 20, 2011, 05:29:16 PM
Quote from: Hardshell Clam on December 20, 2011, 03:18:52 AM
Fort Holabird?

Major Lord

No need to be defensive, it was not a test-thats the other guy.  Its just to cold in that area of the world for me. If I was testing you, I would asked the color of the boat house at Hereford.  :)

Major Lord

No worries, and I don't remember what color it was Mr. DeNiro!   8)

davedove

Quote from: Major Lord on December 19, 2011, 06:34:28 PM
Quote from: davedove on December 19, 2011, 06:30:25 PM
Quote from: Major Lord on December 19, 2011, 03:09:37 PM
We have a lot to learn from Major Tony Nelson. Remember how he was compromised into revealing every facet of his his Air Force career and secret info to a hot blond chick with admitted ties to Baghdad? At the time of the series, Iraq was nearly a satellite state of the Soviet Union, and armed and equipped by Russia. Its clear that Major Nelson fell into the classic "Honey Trap" used by the Soviets by way of their Iraqi agency Jihaz Al-Mukhabarat Al-A'ma' Directorate 4 ( How many hot blond English speaking Iraqi's are there?) Obviously, Jeannie used mind altering drugs and the promise of sex as  way of controlling Major Nelson, and like any good agent handler, she played him like a fish. He even roped his over-sexed best friend Roger Healey into his hapless conspiracy, with unfulfilled bribes of sex, money, and power. A classic intelligence operation. He may have looked good in the old Service Coat, but someone should have double-tapped  Major Nelson before he could further compromise our Country's security! It was a dark story of betrayal and ruin. Of course, Barbara Eden was Smokin' hot........

Major Lord

She even managed to get Majors Nelson and Healey to discredit a fellow officer, the unfortunate Dr. Bellows.  Oh, the depths of her plot are astounding. :o

I am sure as soon as they finished gaslighting Doctor Bellows, they would have been able to pin all their active espionage on him, and he would commit "suicide", since Psychiatrist's have a tendency to do this.....brilliant!

Major Lord

It goes even deeper.  Jeannie also used a fellow operative, her "sister", to act as an obvious foe in order to further gain the trust of her targets. ???
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

The CyBorg is destroyed

Cripes-a-mighty, look what I did in mentioning Tony Nelson... :o
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Hardshell Clam

Quote from: CyBorg on December 21, 2011, 03:33:19 PM
Cripes-a-mighty, look what I did in mentioning Tony Nelson... :o

Indeed! Its funny how we would look upon a comedy with a middle east connection now vs. then. Back in the 70s we all thought they wore the traditional garb and still rode camels (all the time). Man and I getting old! :P

ColonelJack

Welp ... I wore my CSU for the last time to our unit's annual banquet this week.

Once I get it dry-cleaned, I'm shipping the jacket to Jim Shaw for his CAP Museum. 

Even though I don't need one any more, I'm still most distressed that the NEC killed what was a perfectly good, USAF-approved uniform out of sheer terror of anything potentially offending our Big Brother Blue.

Oh, well.  Time, at last, to move on.

So long, CSU.  You were a good idea whose time had, apparently, not yet come.

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

Private Investigator

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: ColonelJack on December 29, 2011, 12:34:52 PM
Even though I don't need one any more, I'm still most distressed that the NEC killed what was a perfectly good, USAF-approved uniform out of sheer terror of anything potentially offending our Big Brother Blue.

Quite possibly the most inane, unreasoned decision I have seen CAP make in my nearly 18 years of service.

It is incomprehensible to me, and of course no-one will tell the plebian membership why, such a perfectly good uniform sanctioned by the Air Force was deep-sixed.

Quote from: ColonelJack on December 29, 2011, 12:34:52 PM
So long, CSU.  You were a good idea whose time had, apparently, not yet come.

Jack

Or perhaps the wrong person (the Generalissimo) came up with the idea and NHQ is trying to purge all vestiges of him. >:(
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

CAP_truth

I agree that CAP needs a corporate military-style UNIFORM, but Big blue will not go along with that. I am tired of seeing polo shirts being worn as a military uniform. All senior members should be in some type of corporate military-style uniform, ALL, This way CAP is part of the RM but still seperate and different. The CSU proposed by HSRN is a start but needs some work done. I would love to be part of the uniform committee on this issue.
Cadet CoP
Wilson

Spaceman3750

Dear uniform committee,

I rather like the polo. Please don't take it away.

Signed,

Someone who appreciates a little bit of simplicity in a very complex organization

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: CAP_truth on December 29, 2011, 07:45:32 PM
I agree that CAP needs a corporate military-style UNIFORM, but Big blue will not go along with that. I am tired of seeing polo shirts being worn as a military uniform. All senior members should be in some type of corporate military-style uniform, ALL, This way CAP is part of the RM but still seperate and different. The CSU proposed by HSRN is a start but needs some work done. I would love to be part of the uniform committee on this issue.

First, what constitutes "military-style" is just as vague as the bloody stupid "low light/at-a-distance" thing we have to live with now.  It's just that NHQ seems to be violently allergic to anything except grey, and thinks they have to stay away from any shade of blue.  The USAF has control on their shades of blue uniforms, but they do not have a trademark on everything blue!

Using the German Bundeswehr as an example:

The Bundesheer officer on the far left would probably be more acceptable to a CAP uniform design, simply because it is grey, while the three Bundesluftwaffe officers' uniforms, even though of near-identical cut, and a cut and colour nothing like the USAF, would be out of any consideration, simply because they are blue (grey-blue, really).

I don't have a problem with the polo shirt per se, even though I've never owned one and probably never will.  I do have a problem with members using it as their only uniform.

The CSU with General Courter's modifications should have logically been perfectly acceptable...but logic doesn't come into it.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Eclipse

Less than 12 hours left of the CSU (for those in HIWG, about 1/2 that for the rest of us).

Raise a glass and then light the fires!

"That Others May Zoom"

davidsinn

Quote from: Eclipse on December 31, 2011, 10:56:04 PM
Less than 12 hours left of the CSU (for those in HIWG, about 1/2 that for the rest of us).

Raise a glass and then light the fires!

You got caught hotlinking.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Eclipse

Weird - it looked ok on mine - must have been the cache.

I fixed it, and this one is more appropriate anyway, and gray for Cyborg!

"That Others May Zoom"