The King Is Dead, Long Live The King

Started by Eclipse, December 11, 2011, 11:27:26 PM

Major Lord

Quote from: CyBorg on December 12, 2011, 05:41:08 PM
Quote from: Major Lord on December 12, 2011, 05:33:38 PM
Blue in fact, is a color, Gray is not.
Major Lord

:clap: :clap: :clap: 8) 8) 8) :clap: :clap: :clap: :) :) :)

Which is what I've been getting at all along!!!

Are you approving the metaphor or the optical physics?

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

Duke Dillio

At least we aren't swapping back to the maroon epaulets again.......    ???

PHall

Quote from: GoneAway on December 12, 2011, 10:35:30 PM
At least we aren't swapping back to the maroon epaulets again.......    ???

Don't give them any ideas... >:D

The CyBorg is destroyed

They're too fixated on grey to even consider any other colour...even maroon.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Persona non grata

I did not thik the maroon looked all that bad.  I think marron and grey would look sharp with red name ta >:Dgs
Rock, Flag & Eagle.........

Major Lord

Sweet, than we could dress up like the Soviet "Young Pioneers"........ Better dead than red!

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: eaker.cadet on December 13, 2011, 09:34:49 PM
I did not thik the maroon looked all that bad.  I think marron and grey would look sharp with red name ta >:Dgs

YECH!
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Eclipse

Aesthetics aside, the key is "uniform", as in all the same.

"That Others May Zoom"

SARDOC

Quote from: Eclipse on December 14, 2011, 12:23:51 AM

We could only wish "uniform" meant that...Whenever we have different sets of uniforms for those In standards versus the fat and fuzzies...We will not be uniform.   The effort either needs to be made to move the Air Force off their Position, or get the Pro AF uniform CAP crown to concede and go to the G/W...or do what the king wanted and find a suitable alternative that makes everyone happy.

I'm not holding my breath.

lordmonar

Quote from: SARDOC on December 14, 2011, 01:58:42 AM
Quote from: Eclipse on December 14, 2011, 12:23:51 AM

We could only wish "uniform" meant that...Whenever we have different sets of uniforms for those In standards versus the fat and fuzzies...We will not be uniform.   The effort either needs to be made to move the Air Force off their Position, or get the Pro AF uniform CAP crown to concede and go to the G/W...or do what the king wanted and find a suitable alternative that makes everyone happy.

+1
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: SARDOC on December 14, 2011, 01:58:42 AM
The effort either needs to be made to move the Air Force off their Position, or get the Pro AF uniform CAP crown to concede and go to the G/W...or do what the king wanted and find a suitable alternative that makes everyone happy.

Nor am I.

First, I think that CAP is still so treading-on-eggshells over uniforms that the political will/intestinal fortitude isn't there to ask the Air Force for anything uniform-wise.

Second, there are probably as many people in CAP who dislike the grey/white for its colourlessness as there are those who like it because it's cheap and easy to put together.

Third, after the CSU I doubt anyone with any pull in CAP is even going to broach the subject of a distinctive uniform that a big chunk of the membership likes.  After all, the CSU was well-liked, and we saw that our opinion on that didn't matter. >:(

I actually have a proposal drawn up but I am very hesitant to submit it.  I don't think it would get any higher than Group level because it isn't grey.

Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Eclipse

Quote from: CyBorg on December 14, 2011, 11:06:07 PMThird, after the CSU I doubt anyone with any pull in CAP is even going to broach the subject of a distinctive uniform that a big chunk of the membership likes.  After all, the CSU was well-liked, and we saw that our opinion on that didn't matter.

We're already basically "there" - allow for the wear of badges and ribbons on the blazer and call it a uniform.

Next problem.

"That Others May Zoom"

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: Eclipse on December 14, 2011, 11:41:43 PM
We're already basically "there" - allow for the wear of badges and ribbons on the blazer and call it a uniform.

Next problem.

When did that go through?  Bit of a "half-a-loaf" solution if true.

Next problem?

There is by far no consensus on the G/W to the degree there was on the CSU.

It does not look aviation-related, unless you count Air America.
It is colourless (why does it have to be grey and white?)
There is no approved headgear (I'm not counting a silly baseball cap).

All of these may not affect mission effectiveness per se but they certainly affect esprit de corps.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Eclipse

Agreement or not, it's already here, and the adjustment would likely be a non-issue with the USAF.  It may not be the "preferred" solution, but it would
solve the majority of problems in a way that satisfies no one, which generally means it is the best answer.

With a lack of headgear, it would point to the corporate nature of the uniform, yet still allow members to display their plumage (we already know that courtesies are not based on hats, so let's not go there).

In formations and photos, the blazer would be "different", but no longer so different that the activity commander looks like a tennis judge.

As to image vs. mission, we all know they are not separate, but part of the main picture.  Someone on fire does not care what the person with water is wearing, but an unprofessional or schizophrenic appearance may preclude ever getting to hold the bucket in the first place.

"That Others May Zoom"

a2capt

I just wish time machines were possible ... 'cause I'd like to go back in time and pound the Maxwell salute troller. ;)

exFlight Officer

Quote from: a2capt on December 15, 2011, 05:40:00 PM
I just wish time machines were possible ... 'cause I'd like to go back in time and pound the Maxwell salute troller. ;)

Let's start a posse!

Spaceman3750

They say you're not supposed to alter the course of history. Paradoxes and such...

Persona non grata

I dont see what the big freakin deal is for, let the memebership have it own uniform that they like.  Keep the volunteers happy...you would be amazed at the results it has on the over all mission.  It seems that we are the only country in the world that has a hang up about its auxiliary having garments that may look to much like the active componet.  CAP should be allowed to have a uniform ofits own if that what CAP wants.  Since we are only the part time auxilary now, why cant we haveour own uniform that does not look like the USAF .  The CSU was nice IMHO but maybe we pushed it with the USAF.  Kill me f ou want to......at this point with all the up roar, low light condions(witch I raise the BS flag on) Salauting CAP officers, AD not knowing the diffrence , we need a uniform that repersentthe proud history and heritage of the CAP.  I AM STILL PROUD TO WEAR THE USAF but  I would gladdly give it p for a uniform that we all can identify with and wear proudly and display our achivements and bling on.  I tink it would boost morale and give us better branding and we would be better recognized.  Manyhthings need fixed in CAP and this is just one of them.  I diffentl like the airline type uniform people proposed in diffrent threads.
Rock, Flag & Eagle.........

Major Lord

Quote from: Flight Officer on December 15, 2011, 06:08:14 PM

Let's start a posse!

You don't need a time machine to travel in time; It happens while you wait. As far as changing the future, every action you take changes one of many potential "futures". If you believe in the Copenhagen view of the classic Shrodinger's Cat thought experiment, you can view a cat in a sealed box as both alive and dead simultaneously, which is clearly a mystical interpretation of reality, and not supported in objective reality. The cat in the box is either alive or dead, not both.

Time travel is not just possible, its mandatory! Unfortunately, its a one-way trip. If it were otherwise, I would go back and convince Coke to abandon "New Coke", which is clearly one of the factors leading to impending world cataclysm.

Major Lord

Ned

Did you know the Roman Legions had an auxiliary (Auxila)?

As long as we are talking about a time machine . . . .

Quote from: FlaviusAlthough we are only Auxilia, we must continue to present a professional image to the full Legionnaires.

Our centurions are forced to wear helmet crests of horsehair or worse.  We should be able to wear feathers like the regular centurions.  I am embarrassed every time I go the marketplace.

And our standard bearers should not wear the pelts of lesser animals like coyotes or deer.  They should wear wolf pelts or perhaps bear to show that we contribute to the total effort as much as any member of the VI Legion!

Quote from: TitusNo, we should be proud of being Auxilia and should not try to look like full Legionnaires.  They are the ones in battle, not us.  Our contributions are vital, but we are not Roman citizens; we hail from the provinces.  We are content to work quietly at our jobs.  After all, Auxilia are not trained nearly as much as a Legionnaire, so we should dress distinctively.  We don't want to draw unnecessary fire from barbarians, do we?

Quote from: MarcusBut the last Emperor made too many uniform changes -- our helmets, shields, and armor are different from when I first joined the Auxilia.  And I have to pay for these myself!

Quote from: SeviusBut Cladius Didius looks foolish in his tunic -- he is the size of an elephant, but refuses to acknowledge that life was good to him in Gaul.  We should have distinctive uniforms for our  Auxilia "Maximus" members.

Quote from: GaiusOur youngest recruits deserve some distinctive items to help motivate them for the rigorous training. Perhaps we could award them phalerae to wear on their breastplates.  That should do the trick.

Sigh - - - some things have not changed in millenia.