Aerial Radiological Monitor patch

Started by Airborne Medic, November 23, 2011, 02:00:05 PM

Airborne Medic

Can someone give me the real answer on what steps must be taken as far as training and authorization to wear the Aerial Radiological Monitor patch?  I completed two radiation monitoring courses while in the Army (with certificates to prove it) would this qualify for wear of the ARM patch? If so, who must approve/authorize it to go on my CAP record?  I have asked my folks and get the big "I dont know".  The only things I can find on the net is completion of FEMA or State course.  I appreciate the input.

Eclipse

CAP no longer has a RADMON program, and there is no way to earn the patch internally.

The KB and 39-1 asserts you can still wear it based on taking a state or FEMA class, if the classes you took fall into that category,
you can request it be approved. Military classes are not indicated.

This is essentially a local CC approval situation.  If it were my call, I would only approve the patch if the member was involved in
one of the few wings where CAP is performing RADMON for the state, etc., otherwise it is irrelevant to CAP other than as a part of our
history.

"That Others May Zoom"

RiverAux

Seem to recall something from 60-3 about any wing wanting to do this needing to get national approval.

wacapgh

Criteria to wear the patch != ES Qualification. Same as wearing CAP Pilot wings, Form 5 checkride completed and approved as a CAP Pilot.

jks19714

I used to teach those courses back in 70's and 80's (I was a State EMA volunteer for 27 years and started as the State Radiological Defense Officer).  I guess that I should order one of those patches and wait for the inevitable "what is that?" questions...  >:D

john
Diamond Flight 88
W3JKS/AAT3BF/AAM3EDE/AAA9SL
Assistant Wing Communications Engineer

wacapgh

Whenever a TV crew was out covering a search, my right shoulder always made the evening news  ;D

Eclipse

Quote from: wacapgh on November 23, 2011, 09:59:54 PM
Whenever a TV crew was out covering a search, my right shoulder always made the evening news  ;D

Yeah, about that...

"That Others May Zoom"