Main Menu

BCUT/ACUT

Started by jo2, November 17, 2011, 07:39:58 PM

jo2

Does anyone know where I can find the BCUT and ACUT courses? Also do I need to take BCUT before ACUT?

Thanks,
C/Amn John S. Allen
MER-VA-117

davidsinn

Quote from: jo2 on November 17, 2011, 07:39:58 PM
Does anyone know where I can find the BCUT and ACUT courses? Also do I need to take BCUT before ACUT?

Thanks,
C/Amn John S. Allen
MER-VA-117

Talk to your unit comm officer.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

EMT-83

Ask your chain of command about training.

There is some disagreement on BCUT being required first, but it is policy in NER.

a2capt

In California, we have a day long class for it, if you pass the test at the end you get ACUT, otherwise it reverts to BCUT, and the curriculum is in that order. But your unit comm officer, or group/wing if you have no one in the unit on that spot right now... is where you need to start.

jo2

Thank you sirs, also davidsinn where did you get the amazing banner/signature?

davidsinn

Quote from: jo2 on November 18, 2011, 01:27:41 PM
Thank you sirs, also davidsinn where did you get the amazing banner/signature?

I made it in photoshop in about an hour. It's behind so I need to update it at some point.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

billford1

Quote from: davidsinn on November 17, 2011, 07:42:14 PM
Quote from: jo2 on November 17, 2011, 07:39:58 PM

Thanks,
C/Amn John S. Allen
MER-VA-117

Is one of your Parents active with you in CAP? Does your Squadron have an active Communications Officer? If not if you attend a Wing or Region Conference you will likely be able to find the resources you need if you're persistent. You have to take the initiative to find the Comm folks and network with them for what you need. I've seen Cadets express frustration because they have to wait so long for the training they want. If you attend an ES Academy be sure to find out what Comm training they have and then pursue it. Good Luck Airman