Old style CAP Patch wear

Started by SARDOC, October 28, 2011, 03:47:12 AM

SARDOC

My question is: Is this Patch Still Authorized for wear?  I don't believe it is...just making sure.  Thanks

Persona non grata

No........looks like a knock off
Rock, Flag & Eagle.........

Eclipse

The only place I know of where the seal is still worn is on the golf shirt, and that's embroidered direct, not a patch.

"That Others May Zoom"

Hawk200

Quote from: SARDOC on October 28, 2011, 03:47:12 AM
My question is: Is this Patch Still Authorized for wear?  I don't believe it is...just making sure.  Thanks
No, it's not. It's a very old one. I saw a few people wearing one back in the early '90's, but not many. Most were on old flightsuits, too.

Hang on to it, but not as a uniform item.

flyboy53

Your patch dates from the 1970s. (I wore it as a cadet and early on as a senior member).

The reason why it is no longer authorized for wear is that years ago, the NB voted to shift the Air Force Auxiliary language to the top of the patch and moved Civil Air Patrol to the botton. That made this patch obsolete.

Then the patch was shrunk to the point that it spelled USAF Auxiliary and we moved to the first of the command patches with USAF Auxiliary on the scroll.

You can still use these patches informally....put them on a personal backpack, gym bag, day planner, etc.

I have one on a helmet bag.

SARDOC

Thanks for the Tips folks.  All that confirms what I already thought.