AF Uniform Prices Increased?

Started by RADIOMAN015, October 22, 2011, 05:36:39 PM

RADIOMAN015

Was in the Bx today, looks like prices increase on AF uniform issued items.   Blue short sleeve shirts looked like they are about $16.50 or so.
RM

NCRblues

Quote from: RADIOMAN015 on October 22, 2011, 05:36:39 PM
Was in the Bx today, looks like prices increase on AF uniform issued items.   Blue short sleeve shirts looked like they are not $16.50 or so.
RM

and?

This is shocking why?

With the increase in fuel prices, production prices and so forth, it was bound to happen sooner or later.
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

RADIOMAN015

Quote from: NCRblues on October 22, 2011, 05:39:01 PM
Was in the Bx today, looks like prices increase on AF uniform issued items.   Blue short sleeve shirts looked like they are not $16.50 or so.
RM

and?

This is shocking why?

With the increase in fuel prices, production prices and so forth, it was bound to happen sooner or later.
Well, I just happen to notice this and thought some members would be interested.  Really not sure where you are coming from with some of your comments >:(   

So did CAP members' clothing allowance payments go up or not ???   You really don't think that price increases on uniforms that many members wear (or want to wear in the future) doesn't affect them and the organization as a whole  ???:(

Surely it's nothing we can control but at least the membership will be aware of the changes and plan their CAP "discretionary" purchase budget accordingly.
RM

lordmonar

AF uniforms' prices change every 1 Oct.

Thanks for the heads up.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

RADIOMAN015

Quote from: lordmonar on October 22, 2011, 06:07:13 PM

Thanks for the heads up.
Oh, forget it is every fiscal year!

I also forgot my little note book to take notes of the "typical to be in compliance with regulations" uniform item prices.  I did a quick internet search but couldn't find the new item prices listed. Perhaps someone else has this information.   
RM

PHall

Quote from: RADIOMAN015 on October 22, 2011, 09:12:03 PM
Quote from: lordmonar on October 22, 2011, 06:07:13 PM

Thanks for the heads up.
Oh, forget it is every fiscal year!

I also forgot my little note book to take notes of the "typical to be in compliance with regulations" uniform item prices.  I did a quick internet search but couldn't find the new item prices listed. Perhaps someone else has this information.   
RM

AAFES.com should have the prices. And the AF Times had an article on what the new prices are. Just like they every October.

tsrup

RM,
We all know your agenda.

For the love of all things sacred, just let it go.

Paramedic
hang-around.

coudano

Blue short sleeve shirts looked like they are about $16.50 or so.
RM

and?

This is shocking why?

Because vanguard charges like $44.00
plus s&h

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: coudano on October 23, 2011, 01:48:09 AM
RM

and?

This is shocking why?

plus s&h
Which is like 10$  ::) >:(
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

PHall

Quote from: coudano on October 23, 2011, 01:48:09 AM
RM

and?

This is shocking why?

plus s&h

But which shirt are you getting? The issue Poly-Cotton shirt or the upscale Poly-Wool shirt? The Poly-Wool shirt is about $40 in the MCSS.

coudano

Yah i dont think vanguard offers the cheaper one whatsoever.

The CyBorg is destroyed

If you are near a base with a Thrift Shop (I am but it keeps crazy hours) you can sometimes get uniform bits there for a fraction of what you would pay new.

In rare cases Army-Navy stores will have what you need...but it's been my experience that such places don't often stock AF stuff, other than ABU's and (decreasing) BDU's...mostly Army and Marine.  When they do have Air Force kit it's often obsolete (check the AF shade on the tag before laying out the cash!).  YMMWWV.

There's always Evilbay...but again make sure it's not out of date before you buy!

El neato for a collector but definitely not in compliance... :P

Exiled from GLR-MI-011

RADIOMAN015

Quote from: tsrup on October 23, 2011, 01:42:56 AM
RM,
We all know your agenda.

This is no agenda, but for adult members that choose to wear the AF type style uniform they do need to be aware of the overall TOTAL cost for choosing this option and being in complete compliance of what is required.  I've seen adults wearing civilian jackets with the light blue shirts because it was just too expensive.  I won't address the weight issue because overall in CAP that isn't enforced anyways, as long as the uniform fits ok.   Also the adults will have to get haircuts on a regular basis and remember to shave.
RM

a2capt

Having just spent a week at Maxwell, the DSCP branded issue shirts are .. $13.05.

Unless the two locations in unison forgot to mark up stuff, or are trying to start a price war with other facilities ...

Secondly, compare apples to apples. Vanguard, the Big V. Vanwrap, whatever.. sells the ~$40 shirt for ... $40... imagine that.

They're not marking up everything *that* much, or in many cases, at all. The prices were hack for a bit, they got the message, and fixed it. In some cases, it was just carry over from CAPMart pricing.

PHall

Quote from: a2capt on October 23, 2011, 03:43:48 PM
Having just spent a week at Maxwell, the DSCP branded issue shirts are .. $13.05.

Unless the two locations in unison forgot to mark up stuff, or are trying to start a price war with other facilities ...

Secondly, compare apples to apples. Vanguard, the Big V. Vanwrap, whatever.. sells the ~$40 shirt for ... $40... imagine that.

They're not marking up everything *that* much, or in many cases, at all. The prices were hack for a bit, they got the message, and fixed it. In some cases, it was just carry over from CAPMart pricing.

That $40 shirt is the upscale Poly-Wool shirt. You pay pretty much the same price for that shirt at the MCSS.
Vanguard can't sell you the issue shirt because they come from DSCP which is part of the Department of Defense.

tsrup

Quote from: RADIOMAN015 on October 23, 2011, 02:52:47 PM
Quote from: tsrup on October 23, 2011, 01:42:56 AM
RM,
We all know your agenda.

This is no agenda, but for adult members that choose to wear the AF type style uniform they do need to be aware of the overall TOTAL cost for choosing this option and being in complete compliance of what is required.  I've seen adults wearing civilian jackets with the light blue shirts because it was just too expensive.  I won't address the weight issue because overall in CAP that isn't enforced anyways, as long as the uniform fits ok.   Also the adults will have to get haircuts on a regular basis and remember to shave.
RM

Oh. My. God.

You're right.
This is awful.  How could I have been so blind before.  I bet CAP has a secret workings with Gillette and Cost Cutters.  Under the table payoffs have been made to the National Commander in order to keep the AF style uniform and keep us buying razors and getting haircuts!  The TRAVESTY!  I'm buying a polo at first opportunity so I'll never have to get a haircut or shave again!

We should build a list showing the life time savings that not wearing the AF uniform give each member so each new recruit can be shown the light! This way they can pass the savings on to their units to avoid having to do those shady deals with Wreaths Across America, and to provide maintenance on their own vehicles to POV everywhere since we should also avoid driving any of the COV's..
Paramedic
hang-around.

Eclipse

Quote from: RADIOMAN015 on October 23, 2011, 02:52:47 PMAlso the adults will have to get haircuts on a regular basis and remember to shave.

Absent CAP membership these "adults" don't normally remember to get haircuts and shave?

"That Others May Zoom"

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: Eclipse on October 23, 2011, 07:44:55 PM
Quote from: RADIOMAN015 on October 23, 2011, 02:52:47 PMAlso the adults will have to get haircuts on a regular basis and remember to shave.

Absent CAP membership these "adults" don't normally remember to get haircuts and shave?
In all seriousness, I see kids my age not shave, a lot...  ::) >:D
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

DC

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on October 23, 2011, 08:02:35 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on October 23, 2011, 07:44:55 PM

In all seriousness, I see kids my age not shave, a lot...  ::) >:D
In my experience there is generally (though not always  ::) ) a difference in hygiene habits of adults and teens... Especially when those adults are working professionals.