Idea: CAP Recognition Ribbon

Started by JC004, September 11, 2011, 10:48:46 AM

JC004

Quote from: tsrup on September 12, 2011, 01:03:21 AM
Quote from: RiverAux on September 11, 2011, 08:29:18 PM

QuoteWhy is there so much hate on the Achievement award?  And if another award is created do we just run the risk of devaluing it as soon as it gets created?
Its not hate, just recognition that the Achievement Award is a very minor award.  Should the national cadet of the year get the same award as a cadet that may have run the radio particularly well at a mission?

And do you think that that is a problem that creating a new award will solve? 

If people fail to write the appropriate awards for appropriate actions, creating a new award will not solve that.

And why do certificate awards need to have a ribbon counterpart?  I'm more than happy with my Cadet Programs Officer of the Year certificate that I have hanging in my cubicle at the squadron.  To me that is a more visible indication of what I have earned than a ribbon.

To be completely fair and honest though, I don't really see any problem with any effort to reward our volunteers further.  I just wish we had a handle on how to use the system we have first.

Maybe I wasn't clear. 

We don't create a new award.

And awards in 39-3, as specified in 39-3, are not to have multiple awards made for the same action.

This is probably one reason why the Air Force has this ribbon for which I am proposing a CAP equivalent. 

Has been

Two things you should know,

The National Uniform Committee is looking at a simular idea.

Each region has one or two wing commanders who sit on the committee. Find out who that is and send them your ideas.

JC004

My wing CC is going away.  I'm not sure who is on the committee.  Perhaps Ned could help.