The "Ideal" CAP Squadron?

Started by RADIOMAN015, August 14, 2011, 11:03:15 PM

arajca

Quote from: CyBorg on August 15, 2011, 05:14:14 PM
If RM wants to wear golf shirts and repeat his mantra "we are the CIVIL Air Patrol" to his heart's content, let him...however, I can say safely that wouldn't fly (in any sense of the word) at my unit.
I don't know. He'd probably fly at my unit.

10 - 12 feet, more if we open the doors. >:D

sarmed1

QuoteI don't see CAP as being a big draw to military dependents.
Situationally dependent (no pun intended) I think,  When I was a DMAFB I'd say average at least 50% cadet membership was  military dependents. (AD, res and retired family status)

The down side to military cohabitation is FPCON; For example, 9/11 saw non military essential personnel restricted from base for a few weeks at least.  I dont know how that would go if CAP was part of a manmade/terrorist disaster response, with the equipment and airframes on a FPCON Delta instalation.... or how long it or how much "O"-power it would take to get members cleared to even access the base just for equipement removal, let alone "operations"

mk
Capt.  Mark "K12" Kleibscheidel

Eclipse

Then we need to get whatever background checks and clearances that basic civilian contractors get, so that our access isn't impeded in times of crisis.

Military bases rely heavily for basic services these days on civilians - food service, trash removal, sometimes medical care and emergency services, Exchange employees, building repair and contractor services, not to mention base security, and any number of private businesses located on military facilities which have leases that grant access, etc.

These services do not shut down when the FPCON goes up.  They have been accounted for in the planning, and those plans and processes go into effect to insure everyone is safe, and the business of the military can continue.

A military auxiliary ought to be afforded at least the same level of access as someone who works at the base's McDonald's.

"That Others May Zoom"

Spaceman3750

Quote from: Eclipse on August 15, 2011, 10:15:26 PM
A military auxiliary ought to be afforded at least the same level of access as someone who works at the base's McDonald's.

Well, as an alternative, you could always get a couple of cadets to get jobs at said McDonald's >:D. They can smuggle equipment out after they get off shift :angel:

AngelWings

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on August 15, 2011, 10:16:59 PM

Well, as an alternative, you could always get a couple of cadets to get jobs at said McDonald's >:D. They can smuggle equipment out after they get off shift :angel:
Fryalator?

RADIOMAN015

Then we need to get whatever background checks and clearances that basic civilian contractors get, so that our access isn't impeded in times of crisis.

You do mean "Civilian Auxiliary of the United States Air Force", don't you ??? :angel:
Apparently you don't have a "need to know" but those with a "need to know", are well aware of the access procedure in place that will be utilized, as CAP mission operational support dictates.
RM   

Eclipse

Quote from: RADIOMAN015 on August 16, 2011, 12:03:35 AM

You do mean "Civilian Auxiliary of the United States Air Force", don't you?

No. 

I.

Do.

Not.

Quote from: RADIOMAN015 on August 16, 2011, 12:03:35 AM
Apparently you don't have a "need to know" but those with a "need to know", are well aware of the access procedure in place that will be utilized, as CAP mission operational support dictates.

Nice tryoll.

"That Others May Zoom"