How much "blue" around the GT Badge Patch

Started by Smoothice, August 08, 2011, 08:06:48 PM

Smoothice

Ok,
I know Ill probably get ramshackled for this  ;)

I did a search here, and on 39-1...but I was getting overwealmed so I figured, what the heck...

I got this new GT patch for my BDU's. It has a hudge blue boarder. Question is, when I go to get this put on, how much of this "blue boarder" should be showing around the white GT device?

And, its 1/2 inch above the pocket, right? ( or, how high above the name plate)

I hope someone nice will answer before the meanies get me!  thanks!  ;D

Hawk200

Fold the edges underneath, then sew it on with no more than 1/8" of an edge around it.

The badge goes 1/2" above your CAP tape. The badge does not include the cloth that it is embroidered on. Measure one half inch from the tape up to the embroidered badge.

Smoothice

Smoothice

Ok, one more thing....is it also 1/2 inch above NAMEPLATE for the ES patch?

NOW Ill go hide  :D

FlyerJosh

Yes. The bottom of the blue should be 1/2" above the top of the nametape. One easy way to get a nice clean patch is to fold over the edges and then iron and starch the the ES badge prior to sewing it on.

I've even been known to staple the edges of the patch to the BDU's where I want it sewn on, then remove the staples after I put it on. That way it doesn't shift while sewing into place.

Sapper168

A little off topic but not.  Too much confusion comes about when people use ES patch, ES badge, and GT(Ground Team) badge interchangably.   What is refered to by the OP is the embroidered GT Badge.  He then asked about the ES patch which goes on the other side of the BDU blouse.   There is no ES Badge.
Shane E Guernsey, TSgt, CAP
CAP Squadron ESO... "Who did what now?"
CAP Squadron NCO Advisor... "Where is the coffee located?"
US Army 12B... "Sappers Lead the Way!"
US Army Reserve 71L-f5... "Going Postal!"

Dad2-4

Umm...there is an ES specialty track badge, but it's not worn on BDUs.

Hawk200

Quote from: FlyerJosh on August 08, 2011, 10:16:03 PM
Yes. The bottom of the blue should be 1/2" above the top of the nametape.
No, the bottom of the GT badge goes 1/2" above the CAP tape. The blue cloth is not the badge.

One easy way to get a nice clean patch is to fold over the edges and then iron and starch the the ES badge prior to sewing it on.
Patches aren't folded. Badges are.

I've even been known to staple the edges of the patch to the BDU's where I want it sewn on, then remove the staples after I put it on. That way it doesn't shift while sewing into place.
Puts holes in it. Try glue next time. Sewing glue or washable glue sticks work well.

jimmydeanno

Is it me, or has this same exact topic been brought up about 6 times in the last few weeks?  What's with the sudden influx?
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: jimmydeanno on August 09, 2011, 02:56:41 AM
Is it me, or has this same exact topic been brought up about 6 times in the last few weeks?  What's with the sudden influx?

NESA?