Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 21, 2019, 07:44:17 AM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  The Lobby  |  Topic: official "I'm here!" thread.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 75 Send this topic Print
Author Topic: official "I'm here!" thread.  (Read 327413 times)
Aviator
Recruit

Unit: PCR-CA-324

« Reply #1160 on: September 25, 2013, 06:22:55 PM »

Hi everyone! I'm a cadet in the program and this October marks my one year anniversary.

Anyone from SoCal?
Report to moderator   Logged
SarDragon
Global Moderator

Unit: Smoots

« Reply #1161 on: September 25, 2013, 10:45:26 PM »

Hi everyone! I'm a cadet in the program and this October marks my one year anniversary.

Anyone from SoCal?

Yes.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret
lordmonar
Too Much Free Time Award

« Reply #1162 on: November 07, 2013, 12:32:10 AM »

Okay....this is the official I'm Here Thread.......but we don't have one for "I'm Going To Be Just A Lurker" thread.

My situation in CAP is changing, and therefore I am going have to change my posting habits here on CAPTALK.

I will still be checking in from time to time and may also post once an a while....but as of today...I'm going to be a Lurker.  If you want to talk to me....or get my take on something....or just call me names :) Feel free to message me or E-mail me.

I have to say that it has been very very very enjoyable posting, debating, yelling, and screaming at you all here and I am going to miss my daily rants.

Keep up the good conversations.....and keep up the good work with CAP.

With that.....Good Night...Semper V!
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP
Eclipse
Too Much Free Time With Silver Clasp

« Reply #1163 on: November 07, 2013, 12:41:56 AM »

Well, that's a bummer...

rsuncloud
Recruit

Safety Consulting
« Reply #1164 on: November 10, 2013, 06:02:57 AM »

I'm here:-)
Not a new CAP member but new to forum...hello
My Goal is to find, develop and distribute world class training that not only meets the letter of the law, but teaches fundamental principles which allow employees to make safer, more economical decisions
Pylon
Administrator

Unit: NER-NH-038

Michael Kieloch, Marketing Communications & PR Leadership
« Reply #1165 on: November 10, 2013, 08:13:57 PM »

I'm here:-)
Not a new CAP member but new to forum...hello

Welcome aboard!
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP
Concord Composite Squadron, NH       
CalebMWard

Unit: MER-MD-052

« Reply #1166 on: December 03, 2013, 04:28:50 PM »

Yeah so I joined CAPTalk... It looks like a good way for some useful advice and maybe I can help some people out as well.  I've been in CAP about 2 years, I promoted fast, I just got my Flight Commander Achievment so I'm a Cadet 2nd Lieutenant.
CALEB M. WARD, C/2d Lt, CAP
Alpha Flight Commander
Bowie Composite Squadron
"Aces of Hearts"
Eclipse
Too Much Free Time With Silver Clasp

« Reply #1167 on: December 03, 2013, 04:36:59 PM »

Welcome to CT.

"Flight Commander Achievement"?

C/Cool

Unit: Gallifrey

« Reply #1168 on: December 03, 2013, 04:59:28 PM »

Marco
I'm sorry, did the middle of my sentence interrupt the beginning of yours?
Storm Chaser
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

« Reply #1169 on: December 03, 2013, 05:10:58 PM »

I will still be checking in from time to time and may also post once an a while....but as of today...I'm going to be a Lurker.

Who am I going to argue with now? CAP Talk won't be the same. I wish you well.
Peeka

« Reply #1170 on: December 03, 2013, 09:21:32 PM »

Marco

Polo
TexasCadet
Seasoned Member

« Reply #1171 on: December 03, 2013, 10:11:07 PM »

Yeah so I joined CAPTalk... It looks like a good way for some useful advice and maybe I can help some people out as well.  I've been in CAP about 2 years, I promoted fast, I just got my Flight Commander Achievment so I'm a Cadet 2nd Lieutenant.

Welcome! You will find CAPTalk most interesting. The user here are friendly, there is plenty to talk about, and, if you like uniforms, you are in for a real treat! A lot of threads degenerate into something about ABUs, corporate uniforms, or Hawk Mountain Ranger School/National Blue Beret bling! ::) Anyways, have fun. Hope to see you around the forum! ;)
Pulsar
Forum Regular

Unit: NER-PA----

« Reply #1172 on: December 04, 2013, 09:34:55 PM »

Welcome! Great place for advice. I have learned a lot from its posters.

Internet- n. in~ter~net The source of all knowledge. [right, wrong, fact, and opinion]  >:D
believe me, CAPTALK has a similar definition...
C/LtCol Neutron Star
PAWG ENC 2013/ AMMA 2014/ NER W RCLS 2014-5 [Salutatorian] / NER Powered Flight Academy 2015

ďA fiery strength inspires their lives, An essence that from heaven
derives,..." - Vergil, The Aeneid

(C) Copyright 2013: Readers who choose to hardcopy my comments are entitled to specific rights, namely: you may print them off and read them repeatedly until you have memorized them and then rattle them off as if you had thought them up yourself; However if asked, you must say they were signaled to you from a neutron star.
Shortline
Recruit

Unit: SWR-OK-113

« Reply #1173 on: December 05, 2013, 04:37:24 AM »

I'm here! Was a cadet very briefly, in the early 90's, before heading off to fly around the world in the back of a C-130 for 8 years as a Loadmaster. Did 2 tours active, Elmendorf, and Ramstein, where I got to fly literally around the world a time or two, hitting 64 countries (more, if not using the official Herk Crew definition of having been somewhere....) before getting out to go play with trains. Went back in the Air National Guard toward the end of 2001, in a non flying position as a 2T2 at Savannah, then transferred to March JARB in CA, where I cross trained into POL (March didn't have cargo planes in the Guard, so had to retraining....knew I wasn't going to stay in CA any longer than necessary, so chose a job that every base has for the most part....) Been working full time for the Railroad, and pumping JAA one weekend a month and 2 weeks a year long enough that I hit 20, and retire in Feb. (that's only 6 days in Guard time!) with at least one weekend now freed up once I pull chocks, and with my 13 YO son now in CAP for a year and sticking with it, decided I wanted to participate too. Really like the professionalism I've seen, and am looking forward to getting mission qualified. Have a PPL, but haven't flown since leaving Elmendorf in 97, other than whatever rides I could beg. Being aircrew and getting to do air shows active duty and even contacts after leaving active duty, has let me have some amazing experiences, while most of my time has been in high wing products out of KS, I have also got to fly a bit in some other cool types, some logged, most not....DA-20 right after they came to the US, a little in a Tomahawk, some dual in a Cub, right seat in a Zlin during an air show in Germany during a performance by the "Mecklenburg 4", an AN-2, a few hours in 2-32 and G-103 gliders, and my most favorite of all, an hour in an L-29. Like many, My love of flying runs deeper than my pocketbook....so just haven't been able to do much for a while, with family and all, but looking to rectify that. Joined OK-113 in OKC, looking forward to the new challenge. Chose Aerospace Education and Emergency Services as specialty tracks. Working in the Railroad industry keeps me extremely busy, but ready for a new adventure of service to really get moving!
Safety First, Excellence Always
SamFranklin
Forum Regular

« Reply #1174 on: December 05, 2013, 02:58:35 PM »

Hi. Old time member here. Ex-pilot, ex-cadet, ex-squadron commander and holder of various wing staff duties long ago. Financially contributing but not able to participate as an active member right now so I find it fun to use this site to see what's going on in an organization I've always loved. The Volunteer news website is great for the stories about missions and human interest, but this site is better for program news and discussion.

Thanks for letting me be an occasional lurker and infrequent contributor.
TexasCadet
Seasoned Member

« Reply #1175 on: December 05, 2013, 08:34:46 PM »

I'm here! Was a cadet very briefly, in the early 90's, before heading off to fly around the world in the back of a C-130 for 8 years as a Loadmaster. Did 2 tours active, Elmendorf, and Ramstein, where I got to fly literally around the world a time or two, hitting 64 countries (more, if not using the official Herk Crew definition of having been somewhere....) before getting out to go play with trains. Went back in the Air National Guard toward the end of 2001, in a non flying position as a 2T2 at Savannah, then transferred to March JARB in CA, where I cross trained into POL (March didn't have cargo planes in the Guard, so had to retraining....knew I wasn't going to stay in CA any longer than necessary, so chose a job that every base has for the most part....) Been working full time for the Railroad, and pumping JAA one weekend a month and 2 weeks a year long enough that I hit 20, and retire in Feb. (that's only 6 days in Guard time!) with at least one weekend now freed up once I pull chocks, and with my 13 YO son now in CAP for a year and sticking with it, decided I wanted to participate too. Really like the professionalism I've seen, and am looking forward to getting mission qualified. Have a PPL, but haven't flown since leaving Elmendorf in 97, other than whatever rides I could beg. Being aircrew and getting to do air shows active duty and even contacts after leaving active duty, has let me have some amazing experiences, while most of my time has been in high wing products out of KS, I have also got to fly a bit in some other cool types, some logged, most not....DA-20 right after they came to the US, a little in a Tomahawk, some dual in a Cub, right seat in a Zlin during an air show in Germany during a performance by the "Mecklenburg 4", an AN-2, a few hours in 2-32 and G-103 gliders, and my most favorite of all, an hour in an L-29. Like many, My love of flying runs deeper than my pocketbook....so just haven't been able to do much for a while, with family and all, but looking to rectify that. Joined OK-113 in OKC, looking forward to the new challenge. Chose Aerospace Education and Emergency Services as specialty tracks. Working in the Railroad industry keeps me extremely busy, but ready for a new adventure of service to really get moving!

Wow. Welcome to CAPTalk!

Hi. Old time member here. Ex-pilot, ex-cadet, ex-squadron commander and holder of various wing staff duties long ago. Financially contributing but not able to participate as an active member right now so I find it fun to use this site to see what's going on in an organization I've always loved. The Volunteer news website is great for the stories about missions and human interest, but this site is better for program news and discussion.

Thanks for letting me be an occasional lurker and infrequent contributor.

Welcome back!
Simplex
Forum Regular

« Reply #1176 on: December 07, 2013, 02:22:43 AM »

ChrisMOlmstead
Recruit

Unit: SER-GA-160

« Reply #1177 on: December 07, 2013, 02:39:30 AM »

Good evening gentlemen... and ladies. Approaching my two years in CAP this January, but new to CAP Talk. Glad to see an active forum for CAP.
C/1st Lt Christopher Olmstead, CAP
Gainesville Composite Squadron (SER-GA-160)
Billy Mitchell Award (#63233 - 2013)
GES GTM3 FLM MRO ICUT IS-100, 700
FAA Private Pilot - KGVL/GVL
"Aviate, Navigate, Communicate."
nmkaufman0
Recruit

Unit: SWR-TX-295

« Reply #1178 on: December 29, 2013, 02:47:00 AM »

I posted on 8 other discussions before I came across this one. Anyway, I'm a very new cadet from McKinney, TX, and I'm in one of the best squadrons in the entire state, Thunderbolt Composite. (best according to my C.O., all the flight sergeants, the senior members, the 1st Sergeant, and all the other junior cadets in Thunderbolt.)
C/A1C Nathaniel Mark Kaufman
Thunderbolt Composite Squadron
Lakeshore-CAP-Ret
Forum Regular

Unit: MI-(RET)

« Reply #1179 on: December 29, 2013, 02:15:55 PM »

I'm here, reading CAPTalk at the Atlanta International Airport.  Just spent six days in Florida, now I'm returning to snow and cold.  Burr😜

Dave fm west Michigan, heading to Grand Rapids, Michigan, and my two precocious labs, Sarah and Chloe...
MAJ DAVID J. D'ARCY, CAP (Ret) 8 Apr 2018
A former member of:
West Michigan Group MI-703,
Hudsonville Cadet Sqdron MI-135
Lakeshore Cadet Sqdrn MI-119
Van Dyke Cadet Sqdrn, MI-117
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 75 Send this topic Print 
CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  The Lobby  |  Topic: official "I'm here!" thread.