Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 10, 2019, 08:24:10 AM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  The Lobby  |  Topic: official "I'm here!" thread.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 75 Send this topic Print
Author Topic: official "I'm here!" thread.  (Read 331170 times)
A3M0N
Recruit

« Reply #880 on: November 19, 2011, 03:14:18 PM »

What specific intel AFSC are you looking to get in to?

I'm shooting for 1N0.  My window opens up Nov2012, so I'll be wearing Staff at the time and that will make it easier to get picked up.

Report to moderator   Logged
Richie Anderson, SrA, USAF -- F-15C/D/E Crew Chief
Tim Medeiros
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

Unit: AZ-001

« Reply #881 on: November 19, 2011, 06:07:55 PM »

Cool, congrats by the way on Staff
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Member, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811
A3M0N
Recruit

« Reply #882 on: November 19, 2011, 08:46:32 PM »

Thanks! What do you do?
Richie Anderson, SrA, USAF -- F-15C/D/E Crew Chief
denverpilot

Unit: RMR-CO-162

« Reply #883 on: November 20, 2011, 05:56:57 AM »

Good evening,

Mostly a lurker here on CAPTalk, but figured I should "get on with it" at least as far as an introductory posting... been reading CAPTalk as a guest far far longer than I've had a login.   8)

Was a CAP member in the early 1990's, left for a number of years, came back older, wiser, and ... wait... I came back... well, maybe scratch that wiser part! :D  :P

Currently serving as a Squadron Communications Officer, a Wing Communications Engineering Officer, and just taught my first BCUT/ACUT class today, along with holding a Mission Scanner Rating, along with never seeming to have time to even get a Form 5 done, and working on various other stuff... always something to do to keep busy!

Also co-own an LLC that owns a nice 1975 Cessna 182 P with a Robertson STOL kit, and find myself sneaking off to my hangar and just going flying instead of finishing up the Form 5.  Having keys in your pocket makes it far too easy to do. 

And I'm pretty sure my nickname will probably give away which Wing I serve in, but hey... you never know. ;)

Thanks for the forum, certainly a lot of activity here. 

Okay, back to Squadron and class paperwork!  Gotta keep those students flowing through the system...

DenverPilot

p.s. I tried to post this a few days ago via Tapatalk and it said I wasn't authorized... I have a feeling I may have missed some important instruction somewhere.  Or does an admin have to turn that on?  Either way, Tapatalk is how I keep up with virtually all of the online forums these days.  Great tool for killing "free time" waiting in lines, etc... Thanks in advance for any info on why that might not be working for posting yet.  (Works for reading! Maybe Tapatalk is just being a good Communications example... more listening, less transmitting... )
Tim Medeiros

Unit: AZ-001

« Reply #884 on: November 20, 2011, 04:45:17 PM »

Thanks! What do you do?
I'm a 3D032 out at Davis-Monthan, I've actually got a few 1N0s across the hallway from the office in which I work
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Member, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811
OgreOwner
Recruit

Unit: RMR-UT-083

« Reply #885 on: November 24, 2011, 06:22:50 PM »

I am here.  There, I said it.

I am Captain Karl Peterson
Provo Composite Squadron, Utah Wing

I have been in CAP for many years, initially joined in 1987ish, currently asking for promotion to Major.

I have been in Utah and California Wings.  Have participated in 4 encampments.  Have more Commanders Commendation awards and Unit Citation awards than I like to think about.

I am currently in Professional Development and Mentoring new members.

I hope to be a resource and learn from the others here.
Salty
Forum Regular

« Reply #886 on: November 24, 2011, 08:02:08 PM »

Thanks for your service and welcome aboard!
CAP Cadet 1989-1994
CAP Senior Member 1994-1995, 2011-current
USAF Aeromedical Technician 1994-1998
kratclif
Recruit

Unit: GLR-IN-002

« Reply #887 on: December 11, 2011, 01:32:34 PM »

Hi everyone,

I've been reading the CAPTalk forums for a few months and thought it was about time to introduce myself.

I was a cadet from 1995 to 2002 in IN-002 (Monroe County Composite Squadron) and IN-219 (Morgan County Cadet Squadron - I was one of the first members when the unit got its charter in 1998).

Recently (May 2011) I re-joined as a senior member in IN-002. Since I earned the Earhart as a cadet I got promoted to 1st Lt after completing Level 1.

My primary interests right now are Communications and Emergency Services. I'm a GTM3-T and MRO-T now and am working toward Mission Scanner Trainee. I attended NESA (GSAR Advanced) way back in 2000 and hope to attend Mission Aircrew School for Observer training this summer if time allows, especially since I'm only 50 miles from Camp Atterbury :)

Outside of CAP I volunteer with the local K9 SAR team. I don't have a dog but I do field support (navigation, communication, ICP staff, etc). I'm a Technician class ham radio operator, and I've completed a bunch of NASAR courses.

In my "real job" I'm a Network Administrator at Ivy Tech Community College in Bloomington, Indiana where I have worked since 2001.

I'm excited to be back as a member!

Kevin
Maj Kevin Ratcliff, CAP
parsimonious_instead
Recruit

« Reply #888 on: December 23, 2011, 12:45:51 AM »

Went to a CAP meeting at HPN (only minutes away from me!)  - I liked what I saw... now it's just a matter of time and paperwork.  I'm not a pilot, but I'm interested in being a Mission Scanner or Mission Observer.
Blisters happen, calluses are earned.
JohnCFord

Unit: SWR-OK-074

« Reply #889 on: December 26, 2011, 04:18:58 AM »

Hello, Ladies and Gentleman. I am Senior Member John C Ford of the SWR-OK-074 Composite Squadron, Norman, Oklahoma. I'm a 24 hr student pilot of Crabtree Aviation based at KGOK and have enjoyed my time very much at the squadron. My Duty assignment is the Assistant Professional Development Officer. Is there anyone else from Oklahoma that is a regular here at CAP Talk? Give me a shout!

Have a Merry Christmas.

SM John C. Ford
Assistant Professional Development Officer
SWR-OK-074
1st Lt John C. Ford
Pylon
Administrator

Unit: NER-NH-032

Michael Kieloch, Communications & PR Leadership
« Reply #890 on: December 26, 2011, 10:43:54 PM »

Welcome!
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP
Concord Composite Squadron, NH       
Cool Mace
Seasoned Member

« Reply #891 on: December 31, 2011, 11:37:05 PM »

Hello, Ladies and Gentleman. I am Senior Member John C Ford of the SWR-OK-074 Composite Squadron, Norman, Oklahoma. I'm a 24 hr student pilot of Crabtree Aviation based at KGOK and have enjoyed my time very much at the squadron. My Duty assignment is the Assistant Professional Development Officer. Is there anyone else from Oklahoma that is a regular here at CAP Talk? Give me a shout!

Have a Merry Christmas.

SM John C. Ford
SWR-OK-074

Hello, Mr. Ford.

I am also from OKWG. Edmond Composite Squadron OK-002.

I know a few members from you Sqd. including McHale and the Arnold's.
They have a great Sqd. and welcome to CAPTalk!

C/Lt Col Mason Huston
OK-002
CAP is what you make of it. If you don't put anything in to it, you won't get anything out of it.
Eaker #2250
C/Lt Col, Ret.
The cookies and donuts were a lie.
Cap'n
Forum Regular

« Reply #892 on: January 01, 2012, 09:45:24 PM »

Hello Everyone! My name is Sarah, and I just joined the forums today. I've been in Civil Air Patrol for a little over 2 months, so for now I may just lurk around, maybe ask some questions. But from what I've seen so far, this seems like an awesome place. It's nice to meet you all, and have a happy New Year!
Al Sayre

Unit: SER-MS-001

Mississippi Wing
« Reply #893 on: January 01, 2012, 10:55:29 PM »

Welcome Sarah!  You'll find a wealth of wisdom here, as well as a lot of crusty old wise guys. 
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787
titanII

« Reply #894 on: January 01, 2012, 11:51:38 PM »

Welcome Sarah!  You'll find a wealth of wisdom here, as well as A LOT of crusty old wise guys.
FTFY  ;)  ;D
No longer active on CAP talk
Cap'n
Forum Regular

« Reply #895 on: January 02, 2012, 01:22:54 AM »

Thank you, Sir! And haha I'm sure they're pretty awesome too (:
OMA
Recruit

« Reply #896 on: January 07, 2012, 10:43:25 AM »

I'm Cadet Airman Basic Herman out of NY, just making sure everyone knows I'm here. This is my first 6 months of C.A.P. and it's pretty fun so far. I've got the best squad in CAP, it's a lot better than I expected, not to mention rubbing it in my older brother's face that I'm in the USAF auxiliary ;D.
SarDragon
Global Moderator

Unit: Smoots

« Reply #897 on: January 07, 2012, 11:02:22 AM »

Welcome aboard!
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret
OMA
Recruit

« Reply #898 on: January 08, 2012, 09:09:52 AM »

Thank you sir! Glad to see that there are a lot of people active on here.
JohnCFord

Unit: SWR-OK-074

« Reply #899 on: January 12, 2012, 11:32:46 PM »

Have a Merry Christmas.

SM John C. Ford
SWR-OK-074

Hello, Mr. Ford.

I am also from OKWG. Edmond Composite Squadron OK-002.

I know a few members from you Sqd. including McHale and the Arnold's.
They have a great Sqd. and welcome to CAPTalk!

C/Lt Col Mason Huston
OK-002

Why thank you C/Lt Col Huston, I'm having a great time at the squadron. What airport is OK-002 based?

~J~
1st Lt John C. Ford
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 75 Send this topic Print 
CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  The Lobby  |  Topic: official "I'm here!" thread.