I give you - the King of Stolen Valor

Started by Eclipse, July 29, 2011, 01:13:06 AM

HGjunkie

Quote from: PHall on July 29, 2011, 03:48:50 AM
The Binford thing is one of SarDragon's trademarks. It implies that the guy is a "tool".
Geez, didn't you ever watch Tool Time? >:D

D'oh. This is what I get for not using google.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

SarDragon

The tool's real name is Androsky, as noted above.

When I 'Shop in a Binford nametag, I go all the way. In this case, I tried to insert it a 100%. It ended up being too small, so I zoomed it out.

I was thinking more like a 6900 model.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

crisptheyounger

"If it doesn't say Binford, someone else made it."

Quote from: SarDragon on July 29, 2011, 03:14:37 AM

I don't think so, Tim. (Even though it's already been explained ::))

On a side note, it think we finally found a ribbon rack that puts our cadets' to shame.
Cadet: 2006-2013, Spaatz #1873

Sapper168

I must say that the rack is one of the sloppiest ive ever seen. He could have at least made sure all ribbons were even and flush on non lapel side of the rack, and maybe placed the center and bottom sections closer together so there wasnt a space between them. .......  He totally should have worn a few Army Skill Tabs to go with that green Beret too. ;D
Shane E Guernsey, TSgt, CAP
CAP Squadron ESO... "Who did what now?"
CAP Squadron NCO Advisor... "Where is the coffee located?"
US Army 12B... "Sappers Lead the Way!"
US Army Reserve 71L-f5... "Going Postal!"

caphornbuckle

You think he went with only Master Sergeant to keep him from being asked too many questions?   ;D
Lt Col Samuel L. Hornbuckle, CAP

JayT

"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: caphornbuckle on July 29, 2011, 04:13:54 AM
You think he went with only Master Sergeant to keep him from being asked too many questions?   ;D

You'd think he would go with CMSgt, and grey his hair a bit.

JC004

I've said it before and will say it again.  These people are sick.

I just read about this one, mentioned in the comments on the fake MSgt:

http://www.pownetwork.org/phonies/phonies608.htm

Dad2-4

Yeah, he looks all of 22 (maybe). MSgt?  ??? USAF MSgt with all that bling?  :o
Among all the other stuff, did anyone notice he has 2 stars on the USAF Expert Marksman ribbon. When I was in it was one star, period, unless that has changed recently.

HGjunkie

I lol'd at the comment section where they were all debating on whether or not he was wearing a Female Blouse.

And his tie is crooked.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

Sapper168

Nah, his ties not crooked, it just sucked into the gravitational field produced from that large mass of bling! ;D
Shane E Guernsey, TSgt, CAP
CAP Squadron ESO... "Who did what now?"
CAP Squadron NCO Advisor... "Where is the coffee located?"
US Army 12B... "Sappers Lead the Way!"
US Army Reserve 71L-f5... "Going Postal!"

The CyBorg is destroyed

I thought he must be auditioning for a very bad Z-grade movie...but no way would Quentin Tarantino have this joker.

I'd love to encounter this guy while in uniform...

"STRAIGHTEN THAT TIE AND GET RID OF THOSE DESERT BOOTS!"  He probably would have no idea he wasn't dealing with a Real AF Captain. >:D

He should have got some Warrant Officer bars and an officer's uniform...he'd really be noticed then! >:D

Still, I think this one is sadly even more pathetic...

Australian at ANZAC Day '09, Melbourne.

On right lapel: Victoria Cross

Below right: British 1939-45 Star, British Burma Star, British 1939-45 Service Medal, Australian 1939-45 Service Medal

Jumbled on left side, first row: Commonwealth Korea Service Medal, UN Korea Service Medal, Australian Cross of Valour (civilian decoration), Australian Defence Medal, unidentified green/yellow/green.

Second row: British General Service Campaign Medal, Australian Vietnam Service Medal, Republic of Vietnam Gallantry Medal, unidentified.

The laws in Britain and the Commonwealth must be a lot different to ours...we can't even own a MoH unless we're the recipient, next of kin or a descendant (?), and making copies of it are forbidden.

However, one can quite easily find reproductions of items awarded for On Her Majesty's Service on Evilbay:

Victoria Cross miniature, $13.87

Distinguished Flying Cross, $31.98

Air Force Cross, $28.58

Military Cross, $18.73

Canadian Cross of Valour, $99.98

Canadian Sacrifice Medal (Purple Heart equivalent) $16.95

And that's just Evilbay...there are loads of other places on the net to get this blingage, and I'm not sure if there are any legal ramifications in those countries for unauthorised wear/possessions (other than a potential fist in the face from a Regimental Sergeant-Major).

Exiled from GLR-MI-011

JeffDG

Quote from: CyBorg on July 29, 2011, 08:12:06 PM
Still, I think this one is sadly even more pathetic...

Australian at ANZAC Day '09, Melbourne.

On right lapel: Victoria Cross
Holy crap...at least the guy in the OP had the sense not to wear the MoH, which for those not from the Commonwealth, is the basic analog of the VC.

JC004

There's a couple CAP people on that one site.  People who have been evicted from the organization.  This (http://www.pownetwork.org/phonies/phonies590.htm) and 3 or 4 others that mention CAP.  I did a search on Google restricted to the domain for "Civil Air Patrol."

flyboy53

This is why I go out of my way at antique shops to pick up those medals that I earned. For what I did to earn my own Humanitarian Service Medal (which on the outside is quite rare), just to name one, no other slacker is going to get it.

Don't you just want to have a huge blanket party.....

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: JeffDG on July 29, 2011, 09:05:00 PM
Holy crap...at least the guy in the OP had the sense not to wear the MoH, which for those not from the Commonwealth, is the basic analog of the VC.

And awarded even less frequently, isn't it?

Canada, Australia and New Zealand now all have their own specific VC's...the only difference is the Canadian one reads "Pro Valorum" instead of "For Valour."  I think a few Aussies and Kiwis have got VC's in Afghanistan.

I wonder what would happen if the guy in the photo would walk into an Australian Returned and Services League post (kind of like the American Legion or Royal Canadian Legion) with that junk on.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

lordmonar

Well to be fair......it is remotely possible for him to be real.

He is the right age to have all those medals (assumeing he joined WWII  in 43 at 18) he could have seen action in vietnam in 62-73, that would be 30 years of service and only be 48.  Stranger things have been known to happen.

I do know that the UK takes VC faces very seriously, even more so then the U.S. does with the MoH.

And it is standard for veterans to wear their decorations on civilian jacket....they usually do better then that...but I have seen worse.

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

MIKE

The ones on the right side could be those of a deceased family member.  IIRC that is the custom in Commonwealth nations...  Or he could be a Walt.
Mike Johnston

JeffDG

Quote from: CyBorg on July 29, 2011, 10:37:15 PM
Quote from: JeffDG on July 29, 2011, 09:05:00 PM

And awarded even less frequently, isn't it?

Canada, Australia and New Zealand now all have their own specific VC's...the only difference is the Canadian one reads "Pro Valorum" instead of "For Valour."  I think a few Aussies and Kiwis have got VC's in Afghanistan.

I wonder what would happen if the guy in the photo would walk into an Australian Returned and Services League post (kind of like the American Legion or Royal Canadian Legion) with that junk on.
Yep...VC is almost never awarded posthumously for example (there are a couple of exceptions).  The Canadian VC was created back in the 80s I think and has yet to be awarded at all.

PHall

Quote from: Dad2-4 on July 29, 2011, 11:55:56 AM
Yeah, he looks all of 22 (maybe). MSgt?  ??? USAF MSgt with all that bling?  :o
Among all the other stuff, did anyone notice he has 2 stars on the USAF Expert Marksman ribbon. When I was in it was one star, period, unless that has changed recently.

It's still just one star.