Old Awards, Rejoined, New Requirements...?

Started by Luis R. Ramos, June 21, 2011, 06:18:48 PM

Luis R. Ramos

After a break of several years, I rejoined. When I was active before, I received several awards and qualified for others. Now that I have rejoined, I am seeing new requirements for those. So, should I have to requalify? Should I ask again on a CAPF for wear of something I had previously earned? Some have said some are permanent awards.

For example, I qualified for:
1. Disaster Relief ribbon w/o V device.
2. Safety badge.
3. Leadership Award - technician on two tracks.
4. ES Badge.

Luis R.

:P

Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Eclipse

If you were actually presented the award, you can wear it with no further work to do, however if they aren't in your files, you'll
have to substantiate them yourself.  If you "qualified" but never received them, odds are you will need to do whatever has been
added or changed before anyone would approve them today.

For professional development, any quals you achieved that you can substantiate should not require additional work (i.e a Technician level
is a Technician Level), however if you want to progress, and the progression requires work or service that is a build-on to something
new in the rating you already have, you might have to catch-up.

With ES quals, you will have to do any tasks that were added, and likely re-qual on anything you already did.

"That Others May Zoom"

Luis R. Ramos

I have the paperwork signed for those awards by former squadron commanders. So, it would be OK to start wearing them, then?

If I read you on what you said, I can wear the Safety Badge on the blues, but to use the Pluto patch I would have to take all the current ES qualifications?

I can wear both the Disaster Relief ribbon w/o V device since I passed all the training awards then - documented by paperwork - and the DR with V device as it is in written form by a Wing PA-1 with my name on it...

And the Leadership Award because it is in writing in Natioonal that I have those two technician awards.

Along with the Yeager, also recorded by National. My National HQ records also reflect one encampment...

Thanks for the quick reply.

Luis Ramos
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Eclipse

Anything you can substantiate from the past you can wear today, everything above looks fine to me, including the Pluto, since you earned
it once and the reg doesn't require currency on any of them.

"That Others May Zoom"

bassque

I had the same questions as well a week or so ago.  Check here:

http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=13183.0

National should have some record of you.  If you have all of the correct documentation including the sign offs, you should be good to go to wear them but check with your Unit Commander and make sure they are all a part of your new file with your unit.  From what I understand, those are the requirements.