Main Menu

Army Dumps Beret

Started by ColonelJack, June 14, 2011, 01:15:34 AM

SoCalMarine

Quote from: Flying Pig on June 15, 2011, 09:44:22 PM
Quote from: CyBorg on June 15, 2011, 03:40:28 PM
Quote from: honolulugold on June 15, 2011, 11:25:38 AM
As a Marine I find berets retarded. A couple months back I was in Chili's in Savannah, GA and had some guy who didn't like my conversation with fellow Marines. Long story shot, he yelled at us telling us he's a Ranger. My response was, "Who cares? My 7 year old niece has a tan beret." Hahahahaha

I'm sure you displayed a very good public face for the Corps by doing that.

CyBorg
You obviously know NOTHING about how the Marines and Army Infantry interact with each other.  I would have expected him to do nothing less! :clap:

Well, I'd gladly have a Ranger by my side in a fight. But when we're in Chili's and he's just being annoying? Haha, I got to pick on him. Inter-service rivalry is so much fun!

SoCalMarine

Quote from: Ned on June 15, 2011, 09:49:45 PM
Quote from: honolulugold on June 15, 2011, 08:52:03 PM
Now that I'm GA Guard I've tried to adapt to the Army culture (. . .)

Wow, GA Guard, CAP, and USCGA.

You have got to have the coolest closet ever!   :clap:

Haha, no. Maybe one of the most expensive closets ever! Thank God for surplus and online buying! I actually still have all my old Marine uniforms. I joined the GA Guard while working here for my civilian company. When I get back to California I'll transfer to the California Reserve. Anyway, I joined the CGAUX for the training and certifications, and ran across some CAP personnel and remembered it from days long past... thought I would join up seeing as how it would be very little in cost investment with the uniform similarities. Besides, its not like I have a full suite of each branch! I'd be broke.

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: Flying Pig on June 15, 2011, 09:44:22 PM
CyBorg
You obviously know NOTHING about how the Marines and Army Infantry interact with each other.  I would have expected him to do nothing less! :clap:

Only what my dad, who wore Infantry blue piping, collar brass disks and shoulder cord, despite being in the 4th Armored Division, told me.

The joke was "what is the difference between the Marines and Boy Scouts?  The Boy Scouts have adult supervision."

Having said that, one of my uncles, by marriage, was a USMC combat veteran of Korea and I respected him greatly.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

ol'fido

When I was in the Army we would run the Aloha Run on Presidents Day(we got the next Friday off for doing it). It was 8.2 miles from the Aloha Tower to Aloha Stadium. We would get up at 3am after going to bed about midnight, run the 8.2 miles in formation doing cadences, and usually pass a couple of Marine SG units in the process. As part of the entry you got a little chit for a free beer. So when we got to the stadium, the civilians would go one way and the military units would cut to the left and go on out of the stadium. At this point, the First Sergeant would yell for us to pick up the pace and we would all run around to the beer stand to get our free beer. Of course, it took a while. The place was usually 20 deep in GI and Marines. ;D
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

SoCalMarine

Quote from: CyBorg on June 15, 2011, 10:22:16 PM
The joke was "what is the difference between the Marines and Boy Scouts?  The Boy Scouts have adult supervision."

Having said that, one of my uncles, by marriage, was a USMC combat veteran of Korea and I respected him greatly.

Haha yeah, there's a former Ranger here I see once in awhile who always jokes that he joined the Army because he knew both is parents. Haha, he's a funny guy. You know, its all good natured ribbing. Its like arguing with your brother.

Anyway, I always respond well you know what ARMY stands for right? Aint Real Marine Yet!

SarDragon

Quote from: honolulugold on June 15, 2011, 09:51:09 PM
Quote from: SarDragon on June 15, 2011, 09:33:39 PM
GA Guard, living in CA. How did you manage that?

FROM California. Live in Georgia.

From your profile:
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

SarDragon

Marine: Muscles are required, intelligence not essential.

Marine: My ass rides in Navy equipment.

I have three Marines in the family, so I'm allowed to bust on 'em a bit.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

SoCalMarine

Quote from: SarDragon on June 15, 2011, 10:40:23 PM
From your profile:

Oh I know. From California, still consider California home and only changed to GA residency because the state made me because I'm here too long on assignment. Georgia's nice... but HOT.

SoCalMarine

Quote from: SarDragon on June 15, 2011, 10:44:44 PM
Marine: My ass rides in Navy equipment.

Even if I hadn't seen your signature stating retired Navy I would still have known just from that one!  8)

SarDragon

I'm from a Navy family.  8)
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

titanII

A Marine I know always uses the slogan: "The US Marine Corps- for when Army Strong just isn't strong enough". He doesn't get along too well with my uncle, retired Airborne Ranger & Pathfinder  ;D
No longer active on CAP talk

SarDragon

I think the clock has started.

Tick-tock. Tick-tock. Tick-tock.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret