Bcut and acut test online?

Started by Scurtin, June 10, 2011, 03:09:07 AM

Scurtin

Hi all,
in the next week my unit will be doing pt, and i will be passing it this time to get my curry, so i've started working on doing somw of my stuff now that way when i get my curry i've completed it, so i just finished all my stuff for gt, but now im wondering what you have to do to get your radio operator license, i'm pretty sure i'm ready to take the bcut test, so i waswondering whether or not i can take the test online, and if so were is it?

Thanks for the help,
Skyler Curtin
C/Amn Skyler Curtin
GLR-IN-084
Lafayette Composite squadron

Eclipse

Both the A, and B-Cut classes are "in-residence" classroom situations with practical tests at the end.

Neither is available online.

"That Others May Zoom"

Scurtin

Ok, that's what I needed to know thanks

Skyler curtin
C/Amn Skyler Curtin
GLR-IN-084
Lafayette Composite squadron

davidsinn

Quote from: Eclipse on June 10, 2011, 03:24:20 AM
Both the A, and B-Cut classes are "in-residence" classroom situations with practical tests at the end.

BCUT was available online in INWG about four years ago. I took it. I'm glad it's not an option any longer. While it did impart some knowledge it did nothing to teach how to actually work the radios we have. That's the piece that is always missing in our comm training in CAP.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: davidsinn on June 10, 2011, 04:30:09 AM
Quote from: Eclipse on June 10, 2011, 03:24:20 AM

BCUT was available online in INWG about four years ago. I took it. I'm glad it's not an option any longer. While it did impart some knowledge it did nothing to teach how to actually work the radios we have. That's the piece that is always missing in our comm training in CAP.

Been there, done the B-Cut - Twice.

Still couldn't use a radio, and had anxiety at ever trying...

RADIOMAN015

Right now the best bet for you is to talk with your Squadron Communications Officer regarding basic communications training.  Additionally, CAPR100-3 should be studied.

Eventually ??? ??? ??? ??? National will have an on line training course you will have to take and pass.  After you pass that portion, you will than have a "hands on" training session with a communications trainer, and if he/she feels you have met the training objective will input the request/initially certification for radio operators license and that will be finally approved by the wing DC.

The big issue is once you get the operators license/card you should ensure you continue to use the radio.  All too often members get certifications for the sake of getting them rather than remaining proficient, which requires practice.  Good luck
RM     

Skydude61

Up Here, it seems to be a rarer class. we have to try to work it in with other squadrons' mini-encampments/bivouacs, and in my year at our squadron, we haven't had one within our squadron.

Congratz on your curry, as well as your near-completion of GTM3