Who Reviews CAP's Uniforms Authorization in the Air Force?

Started by RADIOMAN015, May 15, 2011, 05:34:32 PM

Phil Hirons, Jr.

My only objection to the CSU was that, as a uniform designed clearly for the overweight, a double breasted jacket was a horrible choice. Not exactly slimming  >:D

The CyBorg is destroyed

It wasn't designed just for the overweight members...but point taken.

The service coat looked more like a former Eastern Bloc uniform tunic than anything else...but it was still better than the "Realtor's uniform" blazer coat (no offence intended to Realtors).

Ah, well, it was good enough for Brezhnev... :P
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Phil Hirons, Jr.

Quote from: CyBorg on May 17, 2011, 09:57:27 PM
It wasn't designed just for the overweight members...but point taken.

You can't wear the AF style if your overweight or don't meet grooming. CSU wear required AF style grooming. What does that leave but overweight?

Or Membership - Qual to wear AF - fuzzy = X. Solve for X

LATORRECA

Well I have read the whole conversation and is pretty funny how some senior members are so wrap around the axel about a uniform that only will be worn by selected group of individuals (out of standard).  If Radioman015 wants to waste his time on looking for the information so bit.
   Radioman what are you going to do with the information.......hhhhmmmmm!!! Nothing because no one in National will care on what you have to said you won't be able to reverse the decision neither create a movement for it.
   Is sad a uniform unique for the CAP was scratched but that's why we have a board and USAF-CAP personnel to deal with it. Next executive meeting or national conference put a plan together with some example of uniforms and see if anyone gets it.  >:D >:D

flyboy53

Quote from: Major Carrales on May 16, 2011, 09:17:07 PM
I sincerely hope to never read anyone calling for blue shoulder marks or hard rank on this board.  You all had it via the CSU (and many people wore it for that reason)...and rejected it.

I will cry foul on that point should it arise.  Many of those who took most issue were the same bunck harkening back to the "good ole days" of blue shoulder marks and hard rank.

Agree.

The grey ones (and name tag) are distinctive to CAP and are easier to deal with than having to measure the hard rank. Even though I wore the blue ones for a short time, the gray ones have a healdric reason (the traditional color of state militias), and are a far greater improvement than maroon ones.

JC004

What is this insanity?

FOIA requests?

Contacting Members of Congress over a uniform change when they have super important things to handle like a fiscal situation that is going to cause severe damage to the economy on a worldwide scale in short order? 

The uniform switching is indicative of larger problems and less so indicative of a specific conspiracy.  The pattern that develops is a lack of direction and goals that spans many National Commanders and many National Boards.  They can't decide on a logo, can't decide on a uniform.  The uniform changes constantly and things get added, then taken back.  There is a lack of coordinated direction ALL AROUND that spans all of these people over all of these years and negatively impacts the membership by wasting their time (like TTT, for instance) or wasting their money (like the corporate uniforms or "U.S. CIVIL AIR PATROL" tapes).  Fix the problem and adopt standard practices of non-profit organizations by having published goals. 

The new way of doing things should be to have a unified set of goals, clear plans, constant mission development, a single way forward, member engagement (including seizing on the talent base of the members), and a unified image (brand) to tie it all together.  The end of crazy changes back and forth would be the natural consequence of this.

If they would just follow my National Commander platform, everything would be fine.  >:D   >:D  I really don't want to have to become National Commander and do it myself.  I have enough organizations to run and I am having quite a lot of fun watching them grow without the red tape of CAP's ways.

LATORRECA

grey one look much better... my preference.... i remember the maroon epaulets they were ungly as hell...

Eclipse

Quote from: phirons on May 17, 2011, 08:00:15 PM
My only objection to the CSU was that, as a uniform designed clearly for the overweight, a double breasted jacket was a horrible choice. Not exactly slimming

I'll mention that to everyone in the Navy next time I speak to them...   ::)

We don't need metal, we don't need to look like the USAF, or anyone else.  What we do need, no require to fulfill our mission, is a formal military-style uniform jacket that everyone can wear.

Period.

"That Others May Zoom"

O-Rex

At the end of the day, yeah, it stinks, but it's a done-deal, why belabor it?

I dropped a few shekels on a CSU coat, got about 15K miles out of it, and recently learned that polyester and rayon acetate burn rather nicely on the ceremonial pyre.

Of course I could have saved it for prosperity, along with my parachute pants from the 80's and my Lime-green leisure suit from the 70's......

Chalk it up to experience, and remember that, like Wing Commanders, corporate formal uniforms come and go rather quickly and fade into obscurity, but Golf shirts are forever AND they're wash & wear!  >:D

The CyBorg is destroyed

What Eclipse says is true, that ALL members should have a formal military-type uniform jacket to wear.  I am not going to use the word "distinctive" since that has become a loaded term in CAP.

However, there is no way, given the current "corporatist" mindset dead set against any shade of blue, combined with hand-wringing about "low-light/at-a-distance" that you will get them to allow anything but a grey, minimum-change, business-suit styled, grey, CAP ribbons/devices only, grey, no hat/cap, grey, white shirt underneath, grey, no grade insignia (except for maybe the current Realtor-type nameplate insignia), grey, no mention of the Air Force (not even the CAP seal), grey, eventually phasing-out the AF uniform except for cadets, grey, and maybe CAP cutouts allowed, but don't bet the farm on that one.

This image is of General Markus Gygax, CinC Schweizer Luftwaffe, which is in the public domain and only used for illustrative purposes for colour reference.  No detriment to General Gygax is intended or implied.

However, in a CAP context any of the General's blingage except for CAP-only ribbons would have to go, as would the pockets, but take note that the good General's nameplate is...grey!
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

SarDragon

Quote from: Eclipse on May 19, 2011, 02:17:38 AM
Quote from: phirons on May 17, 2011, 08:00:15 PM
My only objection to the CSU was that, as a uniform designed clearly for the overweight, a double breasted jacket was a horrible choice. Not exactly slimming

I'll mention that to everyone in the Navy next time I speak to them...   ::)

We don't need metal, we don't need to look like the USAF, or anyone else.  What we do need, no require to fulfill our mission, is a formal military-style uniform jacket that everyone can wear.

Period.

Fat Navy guys look really fat in their double-breasted uniforms.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret