Indiana wing encampment

Started by Scurtin, May 11, 2011, 02:01:04 AM

Scurtin

I just recently joined cap about a month ago, and will be attending the indiana wing encampment for my first time, i've been reading about the basics, but was wondering if anyone who had been to the inwg encampment had any info i needed before going there, i'm sure my squad will eventualy go over it, but since im just coming up to a month, i was wondering if anyone had like a list of things i need, that way i have time to go get it, or if they had any thoughts about inwg encampment, whether it be a good story, or whatever.

Thanks,
Skyler Curtin
C/Amn Skyler Curtin
GLR-IN-084
Lafayette Composite squadron

MIKE

Make sure you're a C/Amn before you go.
Mike Johnston

Scurtin

Wow, didn't know that, thanks for the heads up.

Looks like I need to whip myself into shape. ;D

Thanks
Sc
C/Amn Skyler Curtin
GLR-IN-084
Lafayette Composite squadron

argentip

Here is information that was sent to the INWG listserve on 20APR11.

QuoteFOR WIDEST DISTRIBUTION

If there is a conflict, this information supersedes information on the encampment website.

Encampment will be at Camp Atterbury Joint Maneuver Training Center, Indiana.

Cadet and Senior Staff check in at NESA Center of Excellence at Atterbury not later than 0900 local time on Friday 15 July.

Basics check in at encampment headquarters at Atterbury between 1300 and 1430 local time on Saturday 16 July.

Graduation will be 1000 local time on the Atterbury parade field, weather permitting, Saturday 23 July. Updated instructions will be provided in the event of foul weather.

Cadets and Seniors wishing to attend NESA Session One may report to NESA headquarters immediately after encampment graduation is completed.

Cost for encampment is $125 for cadets and $60 for seniors. Payment may be made electronically using a bank card at the PayPal links on the encampment website:

<http://home.earthlink.net/~glrin800/encampment/> http://home.earthlink.net/~glrin800/encampment/

Encampment will include Basic Training Squadron, Advanced Training Squadron and Regional Cadet Leadership School Squadron.

Requirements for Basic Training Squadrons:
   Curry award or higher
   Unit commander recommendation.

Requirements for ATS:
   Wright Brothers award or higher
   Previous graduation from Basic Training Squadron

Requirements for RCLS:
   Mitchell award or higher
   Previous encampment leadership experience

The deadline to apply for cadet Basic Training Squadron is Noon Friday 10 June 2011, sent electronically to Maj Frank E. Merrill, Commander, at <mailto:fmerrill%40inwg.cap.gov> fmerrill@inwg.cap.gov. Candidates apply using CAP Form 31. Payment for the encampment is not required for submitting an application, but all fees must be paid by Noon Friday 1 July 2011.

The deadline to apply for cadet Advanced Training Squadron is Noon Friday 10 June, sent electronically to Maj Frank E. Merrill, Commander, at <mailto:fmerrill%40inwg.cap.gov> fmerrill@inwg.cap.gov. Candidates apply using CAP Form 31. Payment for the encampment is not required for submitting an application, but all fees must be paid by Noon Friday 1 July 2011.

The deadline to apply for cadet Regional Cadet Leadership School is Noon Friday 10 June, sent electronically to Maj Frank E. Merrill, Commander, at <mailto:fmerrill%40inwg.cap.gov> fmerrill@inwg.cap.gov. Candidates apply using CAP Form 31. Payment for the encampment is not required for submitting an application, but all fees must be paid by Noon Friday 1 July 2011.

Best Regards,
   Maj Frank E. Merrill, CAP
   Commander
Phil Argenti, Col, CAP
GLR-IN-001