Quote from: FW on April 29, 2011, 01:27:42 AM
Quote from: cap235629 on April 29, 2011, 01:05:15 AM
Quote from: HGjunkie on April 29, 2011, 12:47:02 AM
Quote from: cap235629 on April 29, 2011, 12:45:07 AM
Show me the reg

CAPP 52-8

Show me in that pamphlet where the term "color guard" exists

From CAPP 52-8;

2.4. Colors Element. This unit does not compete in competitions, but is present when the
Demonstration/Ceremonial Element performs. This unit is responsible for carrying the US flag and the Civil Air Patrol flag. The Colors Element is made available to the wing when the wing color guard is not available. The cadet leader of this element is the US flag bearer.

If color guards don't exist at the unit level.  Then how do we end up having color guard competitions at the wing level???  :D

your own quote proves my point.  There is a wing color guard and a colors element of the unit honor guard both of which must wear the proper uniform. BDU's ain't it...
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

BTCS1*

I know from personal experience that the SM pictured here is an extremely good officer, I almost guarantee that his uniform was correct. 
C/2d Lt. B. Garelick, CAP

Tim Medeiros

Quote from: cap235629 on April 29, 2011, 01:30:16 AM
Quote from: FW on April 29, 2011, 01:27:42 AM
Quote from: cap235629 on April 29, 2011, 01:05:15 AM
Quote from: HGjunkie on April 29, 2011, 12:47:02 AM
Quote from: cap235629 on April 29, 2011, 12:45:07 AM
Show me the reg

CAPP 52-8

Show me in that pamphlet where the term "color guard" exists

From CAPP 52-8;

2.4. Colors Element. This unit does not compete in competitions, but is present when the
Demonstration/Ceremonial Element performs. This unit is responsible for carrying the US flag and the Civil Air Patrol flag. The Colors Element is made available to the wing when the wing color guard is not available. The cadet leader of this element is the US flag bearer.

If color guards don't exist at the unit level.  Then how do we end up having color guard competitions at the wing level???  :D

your own quote proves my point.  There is a wing color guard and a colors element of the unit honor guard both of which must wear the proper uniform. BDU's ain't it...
disclaimer: those who know me know I'm going devils advocate here

What publication says "BDU's ain't it"?  Maybe there were some unknown circumstances that prevented the wear of the service uniform, maybe after careful review of the location/weather the person incharge of the activity said "BDUs are more appropriate for xyz reason".

Also, the quote doesn't prove your point of unit color guards not existing which is what I believe FW was referencing, as I asked the same thing earlier ;)
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811

RVT

Quote from: BTCS1* on April 29, 2011, 01:32:12 AMI know from personal experience that the SM pictured here is an extremely good officer, I almost guarantee that his uniform was correct.

I could tell that from the picture, even though I mistook shadows for sunglasses (which still would have been ok).

Its perfect as far as I can determine.

tsrup

Color Guard =/= Honor Guard.

In some instances it is acceptable to wear BDU's instead of blues, such as inclement weather or just the uniform of the day.  It doesn't make sense to change into blues just to retire the colors at a SAREX.   

52-8 is not applicable to Color Guard as it is the regulation for Honor Guard exclusively. 

A "color guard", in practice, is an (often) informal group that renders proper customs and courtesies to the colors for presentation, reveille, or retreat, etc. 
They are bound by proper Drill and Ceremonies, NOT 52-8
Paramedic
hang-around.

FW

JoeTomasone

Those slacks are black.   Compare to the shoes.   The colors are not off in that picture; they are spot on.   Look at the color of the name tapes on the BDUs.

NHQ posted a larger version on Facebook and it's even more obvious.

Pylon

We've reiterated this over and over again on CAPTalk.  We're not going to post pictures of individual CAP members and pull apart their uniform infractions. It's not open season just because it's on the web. 

Want to talk about the general issue of uniform infractions in PAO photos? That's fine.  There's already a few threads on this.

Want to debate whether or not there's a color guard at the unit level (however silly that argument is)? That's fine, too (but do it in the Cadet Programs section). 

But we've had a long standing policy of disallowing the criticism of specific individuals, so this thread about the photo is done.  Thanks.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP