Specialty Track

Started by jgdeleon31, April 01, 2011, 05:04:27 AM

jgdeleon31

Question guys,

My commander assigned me the ESO track, 213. Now when I go to eServices and I look under specialty track, I don't see anything. Do I need to go somewhere on eServices and selected? I have taken all the online test possible you can take and still nothing.

Any help would be great.

Thank You

Lead the way.

Infantry leads the way.

Eclipse

Look here fr the requirements for completion: http://www.capmembers.com/media/cms/u_082503084915.pdf

The one caveat is that there is no longer an AFIDL or other test for ESO, most wings have waived this requirement
pending the updated one, due "TBD".

"That Others May Zoom"

jgdeleon31

See, I have all that except a year as a ESO.

Does that means that at least for a year I won't have anything under specialty track?

Infantry leads the way.

SarDragon

You should have an area that looks like this:

Specialty Tracks
Specialty Track
Level
Completed
CADET PROGRAMSSENIOR
PERSONNELNONE03 Jun 2004
ADMINISTRATIONTECHNICIAN28 Apr 2005
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENTNONE26 Nov 2006
The Nones indicate enrollment. The CP Senior w/o a date is because it was before online tracking was implemented.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

arajca

Did he assign you as ESO or to the ESO track? They are not the same. Contact your Professional Development or Personnel Officer and ask that they enroll you in the track in eServices.

jgdeleon31

He assigned me as the ESO. Didn't know they were different. I'm actually sending him an e-mail right now to double check. 

Here is another question, if I took the SLS class, would it show up on e-services without a specialty track?

Infantry leads the way.

MIKE

NHQ would likely kick it back as you are supposed to be enrolled in a track before attending SLS.
Mike Johnston

davidsinn

Quote from: MIKE on April 01, 2011, 04:13:12 PM
NHQ would likely kick it back as you are supposed to be enrolled in a track before attending SLS.

They hold it now until you get enrolled in a track. Then it shows up.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

ßτε

You will have to be enrolled in a specialty track, according to eServices, before SLS is credited.

To see if you are assigned to a specialty track, go to Member Search, click on the View link next to your name, and select the Training tab. It will show if you are assigned to a specialty track.

jgdeleon31

Yeah I took the SLS class back in 2006 but back then I wasn't as involved in CAP as much I am now, so hopefully it will show up once that specialty track kicks in on my records.

Infantry leads the way.

Eclipse

Quote from: davidsinn on April 01, 2011, 04:14:48 PM

Is it finally working?  Because to my knowledge unless you have a Specialty Track assigned, they won't show.  That
is the reasoning behind the "none" rating.

Being assigned as the Emergency Services Officer for a unit is simply being tasked with those duties.  See 20-1 for
an outline.

Working towards the ESO specialty Track is personal CAP career development, building your knowledge to make you a
better staff officer.

In a perfect world they would go hand in hand, but they don't have to.

Yes, before you can attain the rating and wear the badge, you must have the requisite time-in-service.  However that
TIS is subjective to your CC, and not all commanders will require you have been the appointed ESO of record to
accrue that time if you were performing the duties as specified.

"That Others May Zoom"

davidsinn

Quote from: Eclipse on April 01, 2011, 04:23:55 PM
Quote from: davidsinn on April 01, 2011, 04:14:48 PM

Is it finally working?  Because to my knowledge unless you have a Specialty Track assigned, they won't show.  That
is the reasoning behind the "none" rating.

That's what the wing staff told a few students at an SLS a few weeks ago that I taught at.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Eclipse

At least up until earlier this year, the F11 had to be resubmitted.  Hopefully you are correct.

"That Others May Zoom"

Camas

Quote from: jgdeleon31 on April 01, 2011, 04:04:40 PM
He assigned me as the ESO. Didn't know they were different.
A member is assigned a duty assignment and then, ideally, is immediately enrolled in a corresponding specialty track. So yes, these are two different procedures.

Your personnel officer is normally the one who assigns duty positions in e-services. Commander approval in e-services isn't required.

Enrollment in a specialty track can be initiated by your personnel officer, administration officer or professional development officer in e-services. This then must be approved by your commander.

As stated earlier your SLS accreditation should happen once you're enrolled in a specialty track.

The "current" CAPP 213 is woefully out of date so beware of very outdated information.

jgdeleon31

Yeah I noticed that the one I printed out is dated back to Feb 15 1998, which had me wondering because I couldn't find online the CAPF 116 part "B" I did took all the 117 courses plus the regular CAPF 116 and the ICS courses 100,200,700 and 800. One thing is that I can't find the ECI 02130D which it says I need to complete it.

Infantry leads the way.

EMT-83

Quote from: Eclipse on April 01, 2011, 04:35:56 PM
At least up until earlier this year, the F11 had to be resubmitted.  Hopefully you are correct.

Ditto. I was instructed by NHQ to resubmit info for a couple of students who were not enrolled in a Specialty Track when they took SLS.

Eclipse

Quote from: jgdeleon31 on April 01, 2011, 06:55:46 PM
Yeah I noticed that the one I printed out is dated back to Feb 15 1998, which had me wondering because I couldn't find online the CAPF 116 part "B" I did took all the 117 courses plus the regular CAPF 116 and the ICS courses 100,200,700 and 800. One thing is that I can't find the ECI 02130D which it says I need to complete it.

There is no longer an ECI test for ESO, it has been in "development" for several years.

Most wings waive the requirement.

"That Others May Zoom"

JeffDG

Quote from: Eclipse on April 01, 2011, 07:15:02 PM
Quote from: jgdeleon31 on April 01, 2011, 06:55:46 PM

There is no longer an ECI test for ESO, it has been in "development" for several years.

What is the process for wings waiving requirements in the PD tracks?  I've not seen regulations permitting such waivers...but then again, I've not gone looking that deeply either.

Eclipse

There isn't any - you ask and they do (or don't) accept that John Desmaris indicated it is not required about 3 years ago.

Bear in mind - the specialty tracks are the subjective authority of the respective echelons.

In this case the unit CC or PDO is looking over the completed pamphlet, discussing any knowledge questions, and verifying service.

They get to the ECI test and realize there isn't one any more.  They ask up the chain and the chain answers.

"That Others May Zoom"

SARDOC

Quote from: Eclipse on April 01, 2011, 07:15:02 PM

02130D Emergency Services Officer Course does still exist...I just took the test in March and got my course completion certificate in April.

If the Course didn't exist then shouldn't all wings waive the requirement?

I think most wings do waive it because the material is so far out of date and it even makes reference to documents that no longer exist.  Can anybody provide any documentation that your Wing/Region offer Waivers for not having this class.  Thanks