The Biggest Mistake a Leader Can Make

Started by Robert Hartigan, March 20, 2011, 04:59:03 AM

Robert Hartigan

The topic about Former Members got me thinking and I went back through my reference materials and thought I would share this video. All of the other short video are good too! :clap: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiorMUkqqDY

Management thought leaders share their ideas on how leadership goes wrong.

Featuring: Bill George, Evan Wittenberg, Dr. Ellen Langer, Andrew Pettigrew, Gianpiero Petriglieri, Carl Sloane, Jonathan Doochin, Scott Snook, and Daisy Wademan Dowling.
<><><>#996
GRW   #2717

FW

Be careful Robert, some here may label you as "Seditious"..... >:D

BTW; thanks for the link to some essential truths on what not to do as a leader.

JC004

Quote from: FW on March 20, 2011, 01:14:55 PM
Be careful Robert, some here may label you as "Seditious"..... >:D

BTW; thanks for the link to some essential truths on what not to do as a leader.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Major Lord

1) It was interesting that all the ideas (with one possible exception)  were presented by Academics, looking at leadership from the outside-in. The point of the Google guy, which was to not break faith with your people, is gospel truth. The rest are mostly liberal academics talking about "feelings". 2) That Chick is a dude! 3) Boston Community college is no longer in the "leader" business I am afraid.

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

FW

Briski

I was a little surprised that arrogance and hubris seemed to come up more frequently than dishonesty and unethical behavior. Makes me wonder if those interviewed figured it went without saying, or if an emphasis on ethics really is making a slower rebound in leadership training programs than I had thought.

Definitely going to use this video for cadet leadership training.

Thanks for sharing! :)
JACKIE M. BRISKI, Capt, CAP
VAWG Cadet Programs Team

...not all those who wander are lost...