Forget Archer! Give us toy hummingbirds!

Started by Major Lord, February 18, 2011, 10:01:39 PM

Major Lord

The absolute coolest thing in RPV's:

http://www.physorg.com/news/2011-02-robot-hummingbird-flight-video.html

Like bumblebees, I am sure that flight for these is impossible....

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

tsrup

Paramedic
hang-around.

PHall

Bumble Bee's fly under the same exception the rules of physics that the C-5 uses to fly.

They both look like they shouldn't be able to do it, but thanks to a waiver or two, they do!

Major Lord

C5s' and other large aircraft fly do  not from the well know and accepted principals of flight, but more so from the sheer force of will the passengers and crew keeping them aloft by squeezing the armrests and cleching their stomach muscles. They manage this with C5' successfully about 60% of the time. Bees may fly against the will of god and nature, but they are at least cheap and plentiful, and they always manage to to do their job.

I will be placing my order for my RPV hummingbird with the video camera and ELT DF receiver as soon as I can pre-order one from "Toys are us."

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

PHall

Quote from: Major Lord on February 19, 2011, 12:47:08 PM
C5s' and other large aircraft fly do  not from the well know and accepted principals of flight, but more so from the sheer force of will the passengers and crew keeping them aloft by squeezing the armrests and cleching their stomach muscles. They manage this with C5' successfully about 60% of the time. Bees may fly against the will of god and nature, but they are at least cheap and plentiful, and they always manage to to do their job.

I will be placing my order for my RPV hummingbird with the video camera and ELT DF receiver as soon as I can pre-order one from "Toys are us."

Major Lord

Actually it's not the stomach muscles that are being clenched but a muscle group a little farther south on the human anatomy.