Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2018, 10:31:00 AM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  Operations  |  Aviation & Flying Activities  |  Topic: Orientation Flights
Pages: 1 [2]  All Print
Author Topic: Orientation Flights  (Read 8909 times)
footballrun21
Forum Regular

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2005, 08:37:37 PM »

Its been over a year since my squadron as had O-flights.  My old CC moved up to wing and s crrently in europe for his job and now we have a commander who is only 22 years old (maby 23).  She went through it as a cadet, but she doesnt have tme to do mch due to college.  the rest of the senior members are Flight Officers and are also in college with one in ROTC.  We as cadets have tried to give activities,but the senior members and cadets always have conflicting schedules.  Plus it doesnt seem like we will have them anytime soon, especially with the comming of winter.

Anyone have any advice/tips?
C/2d Lt. Stephen Pettit, CAP
New Jersey Wing
ladyreferee

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2005, 07:23:44 PM »

We had the same lag time on O flights when our squadron basically fell apart and no one was doing anything at all.  Then a few of us stepped into the room and got it going again.  Looking in the old o flight book had a few records of cadets who tool o flights a while ago, with the signature of the pilot who took them up.  Just by calling him, we were able to have o flights again!  ALso, going to your wing, you should have a field representative or at least mission support staff.  After asking your commander for permission, drop wing a note about wanting o flights!  I bet they'll try to find a pilot for you!  Good luck.
CHERYL K CARROLL, Major, CAP
lreichardt
Recruit

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2005, 05:31:16 PM »

I certainly know first hand as a DCC what a HUGE help it would be if I had just ONE single hard core dedicated cadet that was willing to put in the same number of hours per week that I do to give me a hand....

I agree with the sentiment, but how many cadets are willing to take on an almost full time job - without pay?

Me.

C/2d Lt Reichardt, CAP
Pages: 1 [2]  All Print 
CAP Talk  |  Operations  |  Aviation & Flying Activities  |  Topic: Orientation Flights