White aviator shirt

Started by BradM, December 27, 2010, 07:18:26 PM

manfredvonrichthofen

Quote from: BradM on December 30, 2010, 10:33:20 PM
Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on December 30, 2010, 03:56:13 AM
Just don't mess poke the lion with a stick. Let the top brass do the uniforms and comply with what they say.

I was just putting an opinion out there from Hawk200's question.

Quote from: Hawk200 on December 30, 2010, 03:52:07 AM"Seriously thinking about posting my formerly yearly thread of "What would you like to see done with uniforms?""
I didn't mean that you shouldn't try to come up with a new uniform or anything. I think we need to come up with a nice corporate jacket.

BradM

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on December 30, 2010, 11:42:36 PMI didn't mean that you shouldn't try to come up with a new uniform or anything. I think we need to come up with a nice corporate jacket.

I'm all for that if it means I could wear it with my goatee. :) I always have the option to shave it off and go to the mustache in a 10 minute interval but it takes 6-8 weeks to have it grow back the way I like it. I may not want to shave it off at a particular event. Though I expect to shave it off at least one more time within the next 2 years. Perhaps up to 3 more times, but less is better :)
BRAD MELILLO, 1st Lt, CAP
Finance Officer
Asst. Professional Development Officer
Brackett Composite Squadron 64
La Verne, CA

SarDragon

I, OTOH, do not expect to ever again be clean-shaven, unless medical circumstances require it.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

manfredvonrichthofen

So then lets get something together for a service jacket and send it up the chain.

arajca

When the CSU was killed, a few of use started working on a suitable corporate jacket. The AF came down and said no military styled corporate jacket would be permitted. That effectively ended the work on it.

manfredvonrichthofen

Wow, that bites. Now I don't know what to think we should do.

Eclipse

Quote from: arajca on December 31, 2010, 03:51:47 AM
When the CSU was killed, a few of use started working on a suitable corporate jacket. The AF came down and said no military styled corporate jacket would be permitted.

When?

"That Others May Zoom"

BradM

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on December 31, 2010, 03:54:57 AM

I guess I'll have to go dressed up as Marko Ramius then in a Soviet Navy Captain's uniform ;)

BRAD MELILLO, 1st Lt, CAP
Finance Officer
Asst. Professional Development Officer
Brackett Composite Squadron 64
La Verne, CA

cap235629

When the CSU was killed, a few of use started working on a suitable corporate jacket. The AF came down and said no military styled corporate jacket would be permitted. That effectively ended the work on it.

When did the AF come down on it?  I don't recall this being the case.  The thread kinda petered out but a proposal was done up by highspeedlowdrag but we have had a change of Wing Commander so I don't know what the status is (we are in the same wing)
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

manfredvonrichthofen

Quote from: cap235629 on December 31, 2010, 04:19:59 AM

When did the AF come down on it?  I don't recall this being the case.  The thread kinda petered out but a proposal was done up by highspeedlowdrag but we have had a change of Wing Commander so I don't know what the status is (we are in the same wing)
What did it look like?

The CyBorg is destroyed

For some reason, NHQ seems to think that the only "safe" corporate uniform is grey, grey and grey and that blue is to be avoided like a vampire avoids a wooden stake.

Even a blue shirt would look better with the grey trousers.

I've always thought that a dark-blue airline type uniform would look good for CAP.

For the ladies:

An off the shelf set like this, no sleeve striping, CAP ribbons, badges and buttons, current blazer nameplate with rank affixed, instant distinctive uniform with 0% USAF content.

Or for double-breasted:

Keep the current black A2 leather jacket or blue flight jacket as an outergarment.

For a sweater, police-issue, dark blue or black, without the police blingage, CAP epaulettes, maybe the CSU brushed-silver nameplate:

Again, ZERO military content.

The only quasi-military item I could see would be USPHS's service cap but with the CAP flight cap badge:

Probably just vanity and chasing after wind since it seems to be grey or nothing.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

indygreg

Quote from: BradM on December 31, 2010, 04:13:59 AM

I guess I'll have to go dressed up as Marko Ramius then in a Soviet Navy Captain's uniform ;)

If I look half as cool as Sean Connery at that age, I'll be happy.

fyrfitrmedic

Quote from: indygreg on December 31, 2010, 12:58:51 PM
Quote from: BradM on December 31, 2010, 04:13:59 AM

If I look half as cool as Sean Connery at that age, I'll be happy.

+1 on that:

MAJ Tony Rowley CAP
Lansdowne PA USA
"The passion of rescue reveals the highest dynamic of the human soul." -- Kurt Hahn

manfredvonrichthofen

I was thinking of a regular suit cut blue jacket. Low cut lapel, with all of the CAP bling that you have earned. Kind of like this.
[img alt=]http://captalk.net/MGalleryItem.php?id=361[/img]
I know, the medals are disproportionate, and so is everything else, I am just not very good with computer image editors at all. There is a couple of nice things that take the USAF distinguish-ability out of the equation, there are only two buttons, which I would use the CAP crest buttons for, the really low cut lapels, the CAP Cutouts, the grey nameplate and epaulets. I would love to see a service cap for it, and make the whole thing a different shade of blue. Also, you can easily convert it for formal wear, add a bow tie, remove the name plate, add the CAP Seal, and apply mini medals, and undo the bottom button, and you have something that looks nice for formal occasions. Also use the white aviator shirt, and you have a whole set of uniforms, short and long sleeve shirt combo, service jacket combo, and a formal uniform. I would wear it.

Also, the tie is supposed to resemble the one VG has for sale.

jeders

Here's my question, what's wrong with the CAP blazer combo? It doesn't require spending a bunch of extra money for a special coat since it's a plain dark blue civilian blazer and the gray pants that anyone who wears corporate should already have. It allows you to show your grade and even your state or region.

Seriously, why are we trying to reinvent the wheel over and over?
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

manfredvonrichthofen

To allow those who have earned the bling to wear their bling.

jeders

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on December 31, 2010, 04:12:13 PM
To allow those who have earned the bling to wear their bling.

Ok, so instead of creating a whole new uniform which will cost a lot of money, why not put together a proposal to add ribbons to the blazer in some way. And the blazer is allowed one mini medal when being substituted for the mess dress.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

EMT-83

This has already been beaten into a slow and painful death.

jeders

Quote from: EMT-83 on December 31, 2010, 04:22:32 PM
This has already been beaten into a slow and painful death.

Yes, yes it has. But of course this wouldn't be CAPTalk if we didn't beat dead horses on a regular basis. Although I think now I'm going to just get the badge for the blazer and wear that to the TXWG conference just to show that we have a suitable corporate dress uniform and don't need to make any more uniforms.