White aviator shirt

Started by BradM, December 27, 2010, 07:18:26 PM

cap235629

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on December 31, 2010, 11:45:24 PM

This is the normal wear set up.

This is the Formal wear set up.

Did these work?

what is the round crest looking thing on the right? What is the reason it is there?
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

manfredvonrichthofen

That would be the CAP seal, in metal. The reasoning behind this is that it is an extra identifier that it is a CAP uniform. Personally I think it looks nice being there. I changed the placement of it for the Mess Dress conversion to be more in line with the USAF Mess Dress uniform that we already have access to.

Just so that we don't have to go back and rehash the post, pick a color, Black, Blue, or Gray.

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on December 31, 2010, 09:31:29 PM
Take your pick, Black, blue, or gray.

Pants the same color, or if the jacket is blue, go with gray pants.

Why can't the coat and pants both be blue, as long as it's not Air Force Shade 1620?
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

manfredvonrichthofen

Quote from: CyBorg on January 01, 2011, 03:00:49 AM
Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on December 31, 2010, 09:31:29 PM
Take your pick, Black, blue, or gray.

Pants the same color, or if the jacket is blue, go with gray pants.

Why can't the coat and pants both be blue, as long as it's not Air Force Shade 1620?
I completely agree. That is my first choice. However that would be a decent fall back if ma blue says not  both in blue.

manfredvonrichthofen

Does anybody else have any ideas for a new full CSU uniform?

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on January 01, 2011, 10:55:53 PM
Does anybody else have any ideas for a new full CSU uniform?

This is similar to my other ideas, and with mine you have to use your imagination because I neither have Photoshop nor know how to use it. :-\

::)However, these are based on the zealousness that National and some in CAP seem to have for "grey only." ::)

But please let us have a little bit of colour by trading in the white shirt for blue...if we have to look like Imperial officers from Star Wars at least break up the monotony a little bit...

Commercially-available Van Heusen aviator shirt:

Commercially-available grey uniform pants:

Commercially-available airline-cut black uniform coat, single or double breasted:

USPHS issue black garrison cap:

(I was going to suggest the Navy's new black garrison cap, but I'm trying to circumvent the anti-military uniform people...USPHS is a uniformed service, but not military unless attached to the Coast Guard) :o

Exiled from GLR-MI-011

manfredvonrichthofen

I have to admit, I like it. It would definitely need some serious identification like a metal CAP seal or something to get it by ma blue because of its similarity to the old CSU.

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on January 02, 2011, 12:34:59 AM
I have to admit, I like it. It would definitely need some serious identification like a metal CAP seal or something to get it by ma blue because of its similarity to the old CSU.

How is it similar to the CSU?

The CSU did not have a blue shirt.

The CSU is shade 1620 blue and used the Air Force flight cap and issue trousers.

The only option that is similar would be the double-breasted service coat option.

And why would it necessarily need a CAP seal, though I'm not opposed to that.

The blue shirt would still use standard CAP grey slides and nameplate.

A non-AF black web belt with gold or silver buckle would be the belt.

The service coat, of whichever style, would only have CAP ribbons and badges, and all ranks would wear CAP cutouts on the lapels.

The nameplate would be the existing blazer nameplate with rank insignia (but bin the horribly ugly pocket pouch with CAP crest).

The USPHS garrison cap (or black Navy garrison cap) would have the CAP flight cap crest.

It would be CAP from top to bottom.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

manfredvonrichthofen

Quote from: CyBorg on January 02, 2011, 04:55:46 AM
Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on January 02, 2011, 12:34:59 AM

How is it similar to the CSU?

The CSU did not have a blue shirt.

The CSU is shade 1620 blue and used the Air Force flight cap and issue trousers.

The only option that is similar would be the double-breasted service coat option.

And why would it necessarily need a CAP seal, though I'm not opposed to that.

The blue shirt would still use standard CAP grey slides and nameplate.

A non-AF black web belt with gold or silver buckle would be the belt.

The service coat, of whichever style, would only have CAP ribbons and badges, and all ranks would wear CAP cutouts on the lapels.

The nameplate would be the existing blazer nameplate with rank insignia (but bin the horribly ugly pocket pouch with CAP crest).

The USPHS garrison cap (or black Navy garrison cap) would have the CAP flight cap crest.

It would be CAP from top to bottom.
The double breast is the only issue that I could see ma blue having an issue with. But... I like it, I would wear it. ONLY IF THERE WAS NO CAP POCKET PROTECTOR.

a2capt

You busted your graphic again ...

That plastic thing is the most hideous looking thing I have ever seen on a uniform that is supposed to present a professional image. If one thing could go..

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: a2capt on January 02, 2011, 06:03:40 AM
That plastic thing is the most hideous looking thing I have ever seen on a uniform that is supposed to present a professional image. If one thing could go..

:clap: :) :D ;D

I realise that there are those who want to stay with a grey uniform combination, simply because it's what they're used to, and with NHQ being seemingly snakebitten by anything blue, that's why I tried to come up with a combination that still used the grey trousers.

I just don't want to look like I should be serving on the Death Star instead of CAP. >:D

Exiled from GLR-MI-011

BGNightfall

Quote from: CyBorg on January 02, 2011, 07:03:25 AM

:clap: :) :D ;D

I realise that there are those who want to stay with a grey uniform combination, simply because it's what they're used to, and with NHQ being seemingly snakebitten by anything blue, that's why I tried to come up with a combination that still used the grey trousers.

I just don't want to look like I should be serving on the Death Star instead of CAP. >:D

I think we'll be okay, so long as we stay away from the peaked cap and the ceremonial belt.  Having said that, authoritarian regimes always seem to have the snazziest uniforms, don't they?

manfredvonrichthofen

You busted your graphic again ...

What plastic thing?
Are you talking about the nameplate? That is the only plastic thing there.
If so, I do sort of agree, I just don't know what we would use other than. I highly doubt that USAF would allow us to wear the silver brushed nameplate. I am asking for suggestions if you have anything better.

arajca

The blazer has two set ups available for the crest and name plate. First, and most professional IMHO, is the crest and nameplate pinned to the jacket. It takes a little more time to set up and does leave typical pin holes when you remove it. Second is a plastic pocket slide that has a section for the name plate and a larger section for the crest. It it designed to be slipped on to instantly convert a plain blue blazer to a CAP blazer.

Flash back to any geek movie and you'll them on every geeks left breast pocket with their pens, pencils, and slide rules. Take out the crap and s-t-r-e-t-c-h the outer portion to accomdate the crest and you have it.

manfredvonrichthofen

That's why I call it a pocket protector.

Eclipse

Can we all just raise our hands and promise never to wear that thing again?

Is it really that much work to pin the crest and nametag on?  Talk about taking a bad situation and making it worse!

"That Others May Zoom"

Persona non grata

I applaud the efforts, we beat this to death last year and some person posted similar photos.  The USAF has all ready stated that CAP will no have any type of distinctive uniform that resembles a military uniform.  The only way we are going to have a separate uniform like the one you propose is to totally separate from the AF and have no ties to them what so ever.  It is just too bad we can keep the CSU as it is and call it a day.  If we were to go with a new CSU, I think a modified air line uniform would look sharp(its aviation related). Just stay away from gold sleeve braid because we do not want to be mistaken for the US Navy or Coastguard.  Stay away from double breasted , looks horrible on the belly.
Rock, Flag & Eagle.........

manfredvonrichthofen

Quote from: eaker.cadet on January 02, 2011, 05:06:27 PM
I applaud the efforts, we beat this to death last year and some person posted similar photos. 
If you beat a dead horse in the right spot you could perform CPR, and bring it back to life.

Persona non grata

Rock, Flag & Eagle.........

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: CyBorg on January 02, 2011, 04:55:46 AMThe CSU is shade 1620 blue and used the Air Force flight cap and issue trousers.

Nope. The late, lamented CSU was Shade 1625 polyester double-knit. At one time the RealAirForce® had service dress jackets in both Shade 1620 polyester wool and Shade 1625 polyester double-knit, but only 1620 is available now.  1625 trousers are still available at the MCSS. (The service dress cap is 1625, and flight caps are still offered in 1620 and 1625, though the latter are harder to come by.) 1620 is what's currently issued at Lackland to the snuffies.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040