Main Menu

The Texas Thread

Started by Major Carrales, December 15, 2006, 10:09:53 PM

carnold1836

Howdy Maj. Good to see you here.

Just a reminder there are still plenty of slots available for students at the Spring 2007 Group III ALS Hosted by Pegasus Composite Squadron being held  9-11 March.

Ops Plan found here http://pegasuscap.org/_Homepage_Website/Documents/ALS_ops_plan.pdf

If you have any questions please let me know.

Also I believe that Maj. Sutton and Lt Col King will allow a C/A1C to attend CTEP/NCOA if the have ALS credit.
Chris Arnold, 1st Lt, CAP
Pegasus Composite Squadron

DNall

Quote from: carnold1836 on March 02, 2007, 04:08:22 PM
Also I believe that Maj. Sutton and Lt Col King will allow a C/A1C to attend CTEP/NCOA if the have ALS credit.
ALS or encampment I believe it says on TexasCadet. Think that's always been the case.

AlphaSigOU

Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

DNall

You guys see that terrorism security alert for Dallas Love Field on the Wg email group? Scary stuff. I'd avoid UDF practice around there for a while.

carnold1836

HOLY CRAP !!!!

That is definitly scary.

carnold1836

I didn't get to make it to CTEp/STEP this past weekend. How did it go?

DNall

Pretty good.

We had 44 in NCOA, I think 20 something for SNCOA, 16 for OTS, and 5 at CCSC. 8 less than the fall for STEP.

Only real problem was state guard broke the showers the wknd before, had to use the ones in bldg 8, that screwed up the schedule a bit, but not too bad.

I did TLC & DDR in STEP that seemed to go pretty well. Decent group I thought.

The adults w/ the classes, TAC I guess we're calling that, was a bit wierd. It was kind of a last minute addition & not well laid out, but I enjoyed it. I think as that develops a bit better the position will get a lot more meaningful.

OTS was good quality students. All the instructors of course were top notch. Wg CC came out to present all the certificates, that was a nice of him. Couple people didn't pass NCOA, real close on a couple in some of the others. I hope the Fm50s make it back to Sqs for everyone.

Maj Sutton & C/Maj Wright both have after action feedback calls out, and the plan is for a curriculum review meeting over a wknd in mid-May (location TBA). That's supposed to include all CCSC grads in the wing & folks like you & me that have been involved in CTEP in the past. I'm def going to try to make that.

JarakMaldon

Being somewhat of a newcomer to TXWG, I have to say that I was very impressed with the CTEP program. Both wings that I have had experience with before never ran anything quite like it. I was happy for the opportunity to go there and be able to instruct at the STEP. I felt it added a lot more to the otherwise extremely dry TLC curriculum.

Even though I won't be a member of TXWG for long, I'm glad to be a part of it.
J.M.S. - 2d Lt, USAF / Capt, CAP / 2LT, AG, USACC
Penn State '06 - I are intelligent.

Major Carrales

We are less than a Month away.  How many of you Texan CAPTALKERs can I look forward to meeting?
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: Major Carrales on March 30, 2007, 04:57:47 AM
We are less than a Month away.  How many of you Texan CAPTALKERs can I look forward to meeting?

I'll be there...
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

RogueLeader

I won't, but hey y'all, I'm no Texan hehehehehe
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

carnold1836

I will be doing everything that weekend but TXWG conference. Saturday at 0900 I will be with my backup color guard (competition CG will be presenting the colors at wing conference) leading the opening parade at Muster Days at Camp Mabry followed by a day of FLM in San Marcos for ChallengeAir.

Then I have to make a decision as to whether to go back to San Marcos on Sunday to meet the last of the Doolittle Raiders or to go to day two of Muster Days for the reenactment of a WWII combat scene between US infantry supported by an M3 halftrack and an M4 Sherman and German forces supported by a Hetzer. MMMMMMM what to do.

Besides I can't afford wing conference, I just moved.

carnold1836

Kind of a change of subject from talking about wing conference.

This was on a separate thread.

Quote"Iowa Wing was activated under the Iowa Mandatory Leave of Absence Bill granting our officers and cadets the ability to leave work without prejudice."

Emphasis added.

I didn't feel it was appropriate to ask the following question there.

So here it is, Is any one trying to get something like this going in Texas? If not, why not? If so, where is it currently in the process?

DNall

In iowa the state & NG have pretty much adopted CAP & use them almost like an sdf on top of the regular MOU stuff. From what I understand TXWG isn't in great, not bad but not as good as it once was, with the state.

I've seen the Iowa legislation though & it's pretty straight forward. I know a half dozen members of the legislature quite well, I COULD do a rewrite & talk it up a bit. Problem is I'm not the Wg or even Gp govt relations officer & would therefore get my head handed to me by the current or incoming Wg CC when they find out. So far as I know, the answer is NO. But that's not to say it wouldn't be possible. I think especially if you incorporate some other folks like ARC & CERT volunteers.

RogueLeader

How about you rewrite it to fit Texas, and talk it up to your chain of command, and ask them to, or ask if you can.  That way your end is covered, and you know that you did what could, and if they drop the ball, that's there problem.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

DNall

yeah... this is one of those small wing/big wing things. Your chain of command is nice & tight. Mine is six miles high. I'd have to go thru formal approval of a proposal from 9 officers before it could go to my Wg govt relations officer, and then I still couldn't talk to him unless he called me on the proposal to discuss it. I don't know, there's a faster route to be sure, but the big thing is the proposal has to be one of the Wg CC's priorities, not just some group of officers running around doing their own thing. It just not that easy to make that happen.

AlphaSigOU

Last call... shout out if you're going to the wing conference this weekend!
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

carnold1836

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on April 12, 2007, 11:56:15 AM
Last call... shout out if you're going to the wing conference this weekend!

Nope, Saturdaymorning I have to cat-herd cadets for color guard at Muster Days On Camp Mabry then drive to San Marcos and cat-herd cadets for flight line marshaling at ChallengeAir. No time for TXWGCon. BTW our competition color guard will be presenting the colors at the general assembly Saturday morning. So we will have two active color guards that morning plus running the flight line starting at around 0600 in San Marcos. Sunday is going to be either back in San Marcos to visit with the last remaining Doolittle Raiders or back at Camp Mabry for the last day of Muster Days.

Holy crap this is a busy weekend.

DrJbdm

I'll be there for Wing Conference....Fri, Sat, Sat night..  just not going to the Sat afternoon awards lunch.

Larry Mangum

While not a member of the TXWG, I was born and raised in the great state and joined the Air Force in Corpus.  You guys have a great wing web site!
Larry Mangum, Lt Col CAP
DCS, Operations
SWR-SWR-001