Commander Commendation Award

Started by Smoothice, November 12, 2010, 02:24:49 PM

Smoothice

I hate to toot my own horn, but I am not really familiar with this award, and I wanted to learn more about it....and this was the only way I could think to bring it up...plus, I have NEVER been awarded anything really....

At last night's squadron meeting, I was called up in front of the closing formation (still not used to that!) and I was awarded the Commander's Commendation for my work as our State's Fire Patrol mission co-ordinator (basically, it was my job to work with the fire warden to provide airial patrol flights). I got a nice framed certificate, our State's Challenge Coin and I get the bar for the Blues.

Can anyone tell me more about this award? My squadron commander said it was "pretty big"

Thanks!

Eclipse

Congrats!  Far too few of our dedicated members are presented decorations,and it is always nice to be recognized by your superiors.

The Comm Comm is a decoration intended to denote outstanding service over a period of time or for a specific activity.

It requires Wing CC or higher approval.

For rank and file members it can be submitted by anyone, but for a Commander it must be submitted by another commander.
The recipient is also entitled to wear the Comm-Comm ribbon.

Before the creation of the Achievment Award, the Comm Comm was the "lowest" decoration in the approval hierarchy, but that doesn't
lower its stature.

From 39-3:

9. Criteria for Awarding Decorations.
f. Commander's Commendation Award. Outstanding duty performance where achievements and services are clearly and unmistakably exceptional when compared to similar achievements and service of members of like rank and responsibility. In instances where several members are affiliated with an exceptionally successful program, project or mission, the Commander's Commendation Award will be awarded only to those who clearly stand out from the others and who contributed most to the success of the program. The Exceptional Service Award and the Meritorious Service Award differ from the Commanders' Commendation Award in that they recognize achievements and services significantly above and beyond normal duty performance. This award may be presented by a wing, region or National Commander.
(1) Members who earn the award as authorized by the wing commander will be awarded the basic ribbon.
(2) A bronze star is added to the ribbon when the award is authorized by the region commander.
(3) A silver star is added to the ribbon when the award is authorized by the National Commander.
(4) In the event of multiple awards, the bronze or silver star is placed on the ribbon to the wearer's right of any clasps for multiple awards at any level. Only one bronze or silver star (one star of each type) will be worn.

"That Others May Zoom"

Flying Pig

Smoothice

Thank you..

And that was some great information.   Now, I just have to figure out what to do with the challenge coin!

Flying Pig

Pick the best side, and mount it in a small shadow box and hang it on the wall.  Or.... I have about 20 of them and they all site on a shelf in the living room.

Eclipse

You gotta keep one in your pocket for those coffee and bar challenges!

"That Others May Zoom"

CAP Producer

Congratulations!  This is pretty big.

Sounds like you did a great job. Keep up the great work for your community and the nation!
AL PABON, Major, CAP

bosshawk

Congratulations: it is obvious that you did an outstanding job and have been recognized for it.  As has been said, all too few of our members get the recongnition that they deserve.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

FARRIER

Photographer/Photojournalist
IT Professional
Licensed Aircraft Dispatcher

http://www.commercialtechimagery.com/stem-and-aerospace

The CyBorg is destroyed

As others have said, way to go.

They're giving challenge coins with them now?

I just got a ribbon and a real nice certificate with mine...I was robbed (j/k). ;D
Exiled from GLR-MI-011