Main Menu

Hock Shop

Started by capmaj, November 10, 2010, 01:05:01 PM

The CyBorg is destroyed

I always got good, quick service from THS, and I will miss that.

I don't know about the politics behind all of it, nor do I wish to.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Jimbo

Quote from: Eclipse on November 10, 2010, 09:07:06 PM
I'm looking but can't find it...

Which core value is "The end justifies the means?"

That would be to accomplish the mission :)
James Keohane, Lt Col, CAP (Maj, USAFR)
Wing Director of Cadet Programs
Chief of Curriculum/Chief Instructor, Cadet Officer School
--------------------------------------------------------
Previous Units: VA-001, VA-025, TX-023, MA-015, MA-070, MA-032
Billy Mitchell (#49097); Amelia Earhart (#12098); Gen Ira C Eaker (#1239)

BillB

The Hock Shop can still meet many needs of members. They can sell uniforms, name tags for BDUs, ES gear, some color guard equipment, about the ONLY thing Tom can' sell is insignia. The only restriction is if it has the name Civil Air Patrol, or any corporate emblem it can't be sold
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

DakRadz

Quote from: BillB on December 04, 2010, 12:40:05 PM
The Hock Shop can still meet many needs of members. They can sell uniforms, name tags for BDUs, ES gear, some color guard equipment, about the ONLY thing Tom can' sell is insignia. The only restriction is if it has the name Civil Air Patrol, or any corporate emblem it can't be sold
Except that didn't work for them, and they are shutting down. Having a Going Out of Business Sale right now, as a matter of fact.

AngelWings

The fact they put him out of buisness is sad. He served very well, and for 47 years, he actuallly did better than most small time buisnesses. I've personally bought stuff from him(Belt, brown undershirt, and a black buckle) and they all serve me well. It is, unless supplied by the same specific seller, hard to get 100% perfect BDU's. Since my squadron's on Otis ANGB and the local usaf gave us all of their BDU's(and some were patched up,which makes em valuable and much better cooler to re-align to CAP), and there is a great surplus store filled with quality blouses, bottoms, and such from the USAF/USA, getting matching color tops and bottoms ain't a problem. Also the BX sells CG Blues items, which there is no particular difference in the tops and shoes that makes them unusable, it ain't a problem for us. But for a person who ain't getting supplied by the military or military manufacturers, it ain't likely they will get the real tops and bottom's. It is undeniable. The BDU's have been knocked off by way too many companies anyways, some of which have butchered the colors badly, that actually locating the real thing at a cheap price is impossible. Those companies can even destroy the civilian sellers who are affilated with making uniforms for the military.
Lastly, THS was the biggest thing here in MAWG, since THS is located in Brockton, MA. His customers here were loyal for decades. Hope he lives a happy life.