Main Menu

Annual Awards

Started by DavidB, October 26, 2010, 01:01:42 AM

DavidB

Well folks its that time of year to start thinking about nominations for annual awards per CAPR39-3.  I am currently on the squadron awards committee and I have to say while this is not the first time I have been on the awards committee or the first time I have been the personnel officer for the squadron.  This electronic version of the regulations are going to do me in, back when you had to do pen and ink changes to the regulation I really use to know them.  Now that it's electronic, while I read the changes when they happen I don't know them like I use too.  For example going thru 39-3 I saw an award for Distinguished Aviator Award CAPR 62-1. I have never noticed that one before and the current 62-1 is dated 4 June 08 so its at least that old and I never saw it before that i can remember.
David P. Berteau, Lt. Col. CAP
Ascension Parish Composite Squadron LGT

DBlair

Annual Awards are sadly something I've found are largely overlooked. I've heard that for certain awards, Wings often only get a couple nominations. It makes me wonder if there was a ribbon attached whether people would have more interest, as it seems that there is much more interest in wearable accomplishments.

In my Group, I'm pushing the Annual Awards as I think they are important and should not be forgotten. A problem I've noticed is that (as with decorations), members don't want to put forth the effort to nominate another member- or they don't think anyone else has done enough to warrant being nominated. With the Annual Awards, it would almost be nice if members could nominate themselves. lol
DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander

DakRadz

Anyone want to point me in the direction of nominations forms/guidance? I'll do it for my SMs.

tsrup

Quote from: DakRadz on October 26, 2010, 01:24:42 AM
Anyone want to point me in the direction of nominations forms/guidance? I'll do it for my SMs.

CAPF 120

CAPR 39-3

Read, proofread, then edit again when writing decoration recommendations.

Having the facts right, good grammar, and good spelling will go a long way to making sure that your award gets approved.
Paramedic
hang-around.

DavidB

You missed a good won that just came out CAPP39-3 awards made easy, how to right nominations.  From what I have looked at its pretty good.

http://www.capmembers.com/media/cms/P039_003_F66823F4021E0.pdf
David P. Berteau, Lt. Col. CAP
Ascension Parish Composite Squadron LGT

Pylon

Recommendations also follow the chain.  So you might want to run the idea by your chain and ultimately the squadron commander to make sure that he or she is cool with submitting your suggested SM for whatever award, and to make sure that you're not duplicating effort that's already being done/planned on.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

DakRadz

Quote from: Pylon on October 26, 2010, 01:44:40 AM

Recommendations also follow the chain.  So you might want to run the idea by your chain and ultimately the squadron commander to make sure that he or she is cool with submitting your suggested SM for whatever award, and to make sure that you're not duplicating effort that's already being done/planned on.

Yes sir. I plan to do them up and submit them to Sqd/CC. Hopefully I'll see him tomorrow and we can talk then as well.

DBlair

You'll want to make sure everything is put in the works soon. My Group/CC put a deadline of 31 Oct for nominations to be received at the Group echelon.

...I have to admit, I am somewhat curious to hear who is nominated for what in my Group.
DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander

Eclipse

The majority garner nothing but a certificate, if that much, and the criteria for the awards is far too subjective.

One more place where there is smoke without fire.

"That Others May Zoom"