Where to get Presentation Certificates

Started by jpizzo127, October 14, 2010, 07:42:06 PM

jpizzo127

Does anyone know where I can find certificates to present to members for Promotions, etc online?

My old source went off line for some reason.

Thanks in advance-
JOSEPH PIZZO, Captain, CAP

Майор Хаткевич

Was it the Texas website by any chance? There was a thread not too long ago (a few weeks?) about that.

Not sure what the resolution was, but I think PM sourcing was mentioned.

jpizzo127

Yes, it was the Texas Cadet site.

How do I find that thread?
JOSEPH PIZZO, Captain, CAP

Майор Хаткевич

A.Member

This is a sample of a past template that was created for our squadron awards:

If interested, send me a PM and I can get you the template.  Note: you will need to make a few updates. 

We have templates for:

• C/Airman of the Year
  • C/NCO of the Year
  • C/Officer of the Year
  • Senior Member of the Year
  • Certificate of Appreciation
  • Squadron Commendation
We do not issue certificates for each promotion - that is overkill.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

peter rabbit

Your squadron commander should have access to "CAP Materials", which includes preprinted forms for a number of certificates, awards, etc.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: A.Member on October 15, 2010, 02:31:00 PM

Perhaps, but it was a great way to motivate new cadets. Grade + Ribbon + Certificate were a good combo.

A.Member

Quote from: USAFaux2004 on October 16, 2010, 04:23:44 AM
Quote from: A.Member on October 15, 2010, 02:31:00 PM

Perhaps, but it was a great way to motivate new cadets. Grade + Ribbon + Certificate were a good combo.
Grade + Ribbon = enough motivation.  ;)

Certificates need to be meaningful when issued.  If done too frequently, they simply become another meaningless boxtop and we arguably have too much of that already.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

IceNine

Save the Certificates for the Milestone Awards.

They can't carry a certificate around with them anyway, and there's only so much real estate on anyone's "I love me wall"

"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: IceNine on October 16, 2010, 05:33:46 AM

They can't carry a certificate around with them anyway, and there's only so much real estate on anyone's "I love me wall"

I guess I have a very big wall then. :P

DakRadz

Quote from: USAFaux2004 on October 17, 2010, 07:58:34 PM

Once I sort out the papers floating around my space, I'll need a big wall too. Iunno where my certificates are- I have lots of stacks/boxes of papers. Oh wait... That's a box of certificates!

Joking, really I am ;)

DBlair

Quote from: USAFaux2004 on October 17, 2010, 07:58:34 PM

After a while, unless you want to practically wallpaper your home with certificates, there is a point where there is little to no space left on the walls. It usually starts out as a wall, then a room, then people usually give up beyond that- or family members put a stop to taking over the home. lol

While some certificates/awards are nice to display, others never make it beyond my folders and boxes of certificates- and even those I'd like to display, I'm not overly motivated to run out and get frames for some of these.

The disappointing thing about certificates is that they usually end up being stored away as it is not like they can be worn or displayed unless someone sees your wall/room. That being said, there is still a place for certificates as they can be a useful method of recognition/completion.
DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander

HGjunkie

••• retired
2d Lt USAF

DBlair

Quote from: HGjunkie on October 17, 2010, 10:36:19 PM
I keep mine in a binder. Saves space.

Yea, I learned that back when I was a Boy Scout. My Eagle Scout certificates and letters and all that came together in a binder with clear plastic sleeves. It is a nice way of organizing certificates, etc.
DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander