Where to find white on blue patches?

Started by manfredvonrichthofen, September 27, 2010, 10:13:04 PM

NIN

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
Wing Dude, National Bubba
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Hawk200

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on October 02, 2010, 11:21:33 PMAs it shows above, it has the fourth badge on bottom, could three badges be split between above and below? If so, should I put the AASLT below or the GT badge below?
Stonewall put that together as a joke. That configuration is not authorized. Be nice if it was.

manfredvonrichthofen

Oh, ok. I think that would look kinda weird having four badges above your name tape.

PHall

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on October 03, 2010, 01:40:08 AM
Oh, ok. I think that would look kinda weird having four badges above your name tape.

You can't have the one on your pocket flap either.

manfredvonrichthofen

Quote from: PHall on October 03, 2010, 01:45:13 AM
Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on October 03, 2010, 01:40:08 AM

You can't have the one on your pocket flap either.

I understand that now, as I said, it would just look weird to have four badges above the name tape. They would go above the collar, unless we were allowed to put them side by side.

cap235629

I still can't find where 4 badges are allowed on the BDU at all.............
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

SarDragon

Quote from: cap235629 on October 03, 2010, 03:11:55 AM
I still can't find where 4 badges are allowed on the BDU at all.............

...because they aren't. See Hawk200's most recent post. RTFM.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

manfredvonrichthofen

Again,
So far as the BDU is concerned, there is a limit of four badges/ devices that may be worn. according to the 39-1 page 105 paragraph 1 6-2 policy A maximum of four badges/devices may be worn
on the AF-style uniforms.

Now the 39-1 does have a different regulation for the blues. The blues can only have two badges above the ribbons.

manfredvonrichthofen

I got the patches in today, just having ordered them Friday. They are ok, the AASLT is the better of the two looking just like the normal subdued badge. But, the CIB is a better than I expected but could use some work.
]http://captalk.net/MGalleryItem.php?id=264

tsrup

Is that the correct color?

Or did the lighting just mess with it a bit, they do look like a darker shade of blue.
Paramedic
hang-around.

manfredvonrichthofen

It is the light that messed with it. They are almost perfect... just barely darker. Not hardly noticeable. I will wash it tonightafter I put them on I'll be washing it so they should lighten up just a bit. But on the uniform they look good as is.

manfredvonrichthofen

Also, looking at the picture at the top of the page, I have seen a lot of BDUs done like that with the badges spread so far apart. The 39-1 says to measure 1/2 inch between badges, measured from white to white, not blue to blue.

jimmydeanno

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on October 05, 2010, 06:31:37 PM
Also, looking at the picture at the top of the page, I have seen a lot of BDUs done like that with the badges spread so far apart. The 39-1 says to measure 1/2 inch between badges, measured from white to white, not blue to blue.

Except for the badge that is just above the branch tape.  Blue to white on that one.  Then white to white for the rest.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Eclipse

Quote from: jimmydeanno on October 05, 2010, 07:03:56 PM
Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on October 05, 2010, 06:31:37 PM

Except for the badge that is just above the branch tape.  Blue to white on that one.  Then white to white for the rest.

Cite please.  My understanding was that it was blue-to-blue for the first one, white-to-white for the second one.

39-1 Page 105:

6-6. Description and Proper Placement on the BDU, Utility Uniform, Field Uniform and Flight
Suits. All white on blue insignia will have 1/8 inch of blue showing at the widest and tallest point of
the insignia, except the Civil Air Patrol tape and the nametape. These two will be the width of the BDU
or field uniform pocket. When placing multiple insignia in the same area, measure from the insignia to
insignia not blue to blue.
For more instructions see Chapters 2 and 4. Figures 6-2, 6-3, 6-10, 6-11, and
6-12 illustrate the white on blue grade insignia. Figures 6-16 through 6-20 illustrate the various insignia
that may be worn on these uniforms. Table 6-4 outlines the placement of these items.
6-7. US Military Badges. CAP members may wear only the US military badges authorized

"That Others May Zoom"

Hawk200

Quote from: Eclipse on October 05, 2010, 07:47:16 PM
Cite please.  My understanding was that it was blue-to-blue for the first one, white-to-white for the second one.

39-1 Page 105:

6-6. Description and Proper Placement on the BDU, Utility Uniform, Field Uniform and Flight
Suits. All white on blue insignia will have 1/8 inch of blue showing at the widest and tallest point of
the insignia, except the Civil Air Patrol tape and the nametape. These two will be the width of the BDU
or field uniform pocket. When placing multiple insignia in the same area, measure from the insignia to
For more instructions see Chapters 2 and 4. Figures 6-2, 6-3, 6-10, 6-11, and
6-12 illustrate the white on blue grade insignia. Figures 6-16 through 6-20 illustrate the various insignia
that may be worn on these uniforms. Table 6-4 outlines the placement of these items.
6-7. US Military Badges. CAP members may wear only the US military badges authorized

You just quoted the cite. Insignia is embroidered in white. It's a half inch up from the tape, then half inch between insignia. The manual is a little funky on how it addresses. It doesn't state the difference between what tapes are as opposed to what badges are.

HGjunkie

IIRC, the C/CC at my basic encampment said something like blue of nametape to blue of first badge, then blue to white, then white to white.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

manfredvonrichthofen

I have been told by many that the translation is it would be from white to white on all badges to include the name tape.

[img alt=]http://captalk.net/MGalleryItem.php?id=265[/img]

jimmydeanno

The picture you have above is wrong.

If there is supposed to be 1/2 inch white-to-white, the picture above is only 1/4 inch apart. 

1/8 inch from white to edge of blue.
1/4 inch space
1/8 inch blue to white
-----------
1/2 inch white to white.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

vento

Quote from: HGjunkie on October 05, 2010, 07:55:29 PM
IIRC, the C/CC at my basic encampment said something like blue of nametape to blue of first badge, then blue to white, then white to white.

I believe that is the consensus and also how most members interprete the reg.

manfredvonrichthofen

No, I measured them. They are 1/2 inch white to white.

Note, it says MEASURE FROM WHITE TO WHITE NOT BLUE TO BLUE. It says nothing about 1/4 inch space from blue to blue.