any one else in MA wing get an MRO disapproved?

Started by SABRE17, September 09, 2010, 08:55:06 PM

SABRE17

i logged on to EServices this afternoon and glaring right at me is a big fat red heading saying ACHIEVEMENT NOT APPROVED, all the required tasks were completed and my unit ESO sent it up to wing HQ for final approval.

any thoughts on what causes this, and furthermore, who actually does the approving. not just in MAWG but in general?

Eclipse

You can't ask in general on this as every wing is going to be somewhat different.  In most cases it will be someone on
the Ops staff, usually the Wing ESO, but it could be delegated to just about anyone.

Does MAWG have groups?  Perhaps the Group CC or his designate disapproved it, or you did not provide enough substantiation.

It might also be a mistake.  Just call and ask.

"That Others May Zoom"

Al Sayre

Check the quals of your evaluator. 

Is he/she a qualified MRO/CUL/IC? 

Have they completed SET?

Have they been designated by your Wing/Group CC if your Wing/Group requires that?

If you submitted by "paperwork" did you upload a copy of the signed off SQTR to Ops Quals?

Sometimes when the SQTR is done electronically, I find that the person who made the electronic entries uses their own CAPID # instead of the qualified evaluator's. 

I have rejected numerous ES qualifications for people because the evaluators listed on the SQTR weren't qualified for the evaluation they signed.  The other big one is submitting by "paperwork"without the paperwork.

The approval is usually by the Group or Wing ES Officer or Ops Officer.  The validation is done at the Squadron level.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Eclipse

All good points - the new requirement to have been qual'ed at least a year to be an approved SET has caught a few of my people as well, as has the accidental self-certification.

"That Others May Zoom"

lordmonar

Also don't forget the ham finger aspect of it.

I have accidentally disapproved ES ratings before.

Call your wing ES officer for help.

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

SABRE17

thanks for the help,
ive done some emailing and turns out theres some "problems" with certain people in the wing, they think some one along the chain of approval has some sort of bias towards cadets etc. ill update

Star-Maker

Huh.  I am in MAWG.  I had this problem, also with the MRO rating, a couple of months ago (I think I even posted about it here).  My squadron commander and ES officer said they'd work it out, and eventually I did in fact get approved.

I assumed there had been some technical glitch in eServices or somebody had hit a wrong button.  It never even occurred to me that there was something weird going on in the chain of approval.  Let me know what you find out.
"The star-maker says 'It ain't so bad.'" - The Killers

GTL, GTM1, UDF, MRO

CUL(T), MS(T), MSA(T)

SABRE17

i actually checked mine today, 9/10 and found it active so i guess all is well now

Thunder

Welcome to the world of Communications. Its always good to get highly qualified cadets who are excited about it in the comm room. You don't really know how much we CUL's appreciate your help.

RADIOMAN015

Quote from: Star-Maker on September 10, 2010, 08:08:32 PM
Huh.  I am in MAWG.  I had this problem, also with the MRO rating, a couple of months ago (I think I even posted about it here).  My squadron commander and ES officer said they'd work it out, and eventually I did in fact get approved.
The rumor I've heard from the Patriot wing is that some MRO's didn't even know how to change channels on the EF Johnson equipment; were marginal in radio procedures, and totally inept with how to maintain a log.  Additional some had absolutely no capability to interpret what was said to them over the radio and what they were suppose to do with the information. :-[

The challenge faced is ensuring the wing has depth of experience in various ES position skills, not width of experience in many different ES skills, with minimum experience in each.

I've heard that the Patriot Wing is going to be taking a hard look, including at Mission Radio Operators (MRO's).  BTW many IC's already know who they want on missions (that are very proficient in the skill(s) required (sometimes actual small mission are run with IC & an MRO), and it's likely those are going to be the individuals called first. :clap:
RM