Main Menu

SET status in eServices

Started by Eclipse, June 29, 2010, 12:09:55 AM

Eclipse

Has something changed with the recent updates?

Last I knew it was the 10-question test + qualification in the specialty, but I have been trying to enter tasks
and keep getting bounced as "not an SET".

A glitch or something new? I'm wondering if there is now some place a CC has to make appoint an SET, but haven't
had the time yet to poke at it with a stick.

"That Others May Zoom"

Spaceman3750

I know that under the Aug 09 60-3 you must be qualified in a specialty for over a year prior to signing off tasks for that specialty. I don't think that's the issue with you but it's sort of like checking to make sure the computer is plugged in...

N Harmon

I am having the same issue as reported by Eclipse.
NATHAN A. HARMON, Capt, CAP
Monroe Composite Squadron

Eclipse

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on June 29, 2010, 12:37:04 AM
I know that under the Aug 09 60-3 you must be qualified in a specialty for over a year prior to signing off tasks for that specialty. I don't think that's the issue with you but it's sort of like checking to make sure the computer is plugged in...

Agreed, but is that a program mandate or was there logic to check it?  Or maybe there is now. You might be on to something as
one member in question has been in for a long time but just restarted his activity level and may not have been at it a year, though as you say, it doesn't explain why I can't sign off the same thing.

I'm the respective member's CC, qualified in the rating and an SET, but I get bounced back, too.

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

So I'm RTMF'ing and I see that members have to be assigned as SET's in a particular specialty and approved up through wing, as we are a relatively new WMU convert, this is something we've never done overtly.

Where are these assignments made?

All I can find is the place to remove SET as a whole, but no where to check particular quals, or any granularity on SET.

"That Others May Zoom"

N Harmon

Must be very recent. I see now on the 101 card there is a symbol for specialties in which the qualified person is a skills evaluator.

Haven't we already been through the whole must be approved to sign off certain quals? Wasn't that what we had with TTT, and didn't it go horribly wrong where nobody was getting credit for skills they were demonstrating? Isn't that why we switched to SET?

Camas

Quote from: Eclipse on June 29, 2010, 02:07:33 AM
Where are these assignments made?
Have you tried going into the "emergency services" menu then to "single entry" in "My Operations Qualifications"?
Pick the "SET" achievement; select a date and hit "submit". If you have some hard copies of SET certification you could upload that into the system using the "upload" link.  Maybe that might work.

Eclipse

That only provides a blanket SET status - there is supposed to be granular control of SET for each specialty, and its supposed to
generate approval traffic up the chain.

"That Others May Zoom"

N Harmon

Someone seems to have unflipped the switch that caused this problem.

Al Sayre

It wouldn't let me sign off the Commanders Approvals for training last night for some of my members, and I'm the commander.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Spaceman3750

Hmm. Sounds like something broke then, and that this isn't just some kind of permissions issue.