beg not to take the service dress uniform from us

Started by manfredvonrichthofen, May 20, 2010, 02:41:58 AM

manfredvonrichthofen

Please, I hope no one makes the decision to take the AF style uniforms from us. I was a cadet then left for active duty Army in 2003. I am home now and am proud to wear the Civil Air Patrol uniform again I know I will be severely saddend if they take the uniforms and go to polos or grey and white uniforms. We need to do something about this. We are an auxiliary to the Air Force, not our own entity, and we need to stay in these uniforms to show what branch we belong to. I would dare go so far as saying that we deserve this uniform more than the JROTC programs. The JROTC programs are great but they do not perform the duties that we do nor do they have to actually report the their respective branches for approval of decisions. I would feel let down by our command if the decision was made to pull the Service Dress Blue Uniform.

mynetdude

Quote from: robert.killion on May 20, 2010, 02:41:58 AM
Please, I hope no one makes the decision to take the AF style uniforms from us. I was a cadet then left for active duty Army in 2003. I am home now and am proud to wear the Civil Air Patrol uniform again I know I will be severely saddend if they take the uniforms and go to polos or grey and white uniforms. We need to do something about this. We are an auxiliary to the Air Force, not our own entity, and we need to stay in these uniforms to show what branch we belong to. I would dare go so far as saying that we deserve this uniform more than the JROTC programs. The JROTC programs are great but they do not perform the duties that we do nor do they have to actually report the their respective branches for approval of decisions. I would feel let down by our command if the decision was made to pull the Service Dress Blue Uniform.

Huh? What's with the conspiracy theories? I don't know about anything about NHQ discontinuing the USAF style uniform, the only uniform being phased out at this point is the CSU.

AFAIK JROTC have to get approvals for uniform changes as much as CAP does however there does not seem to be much to change, they don't have a distinctive uniform like we do???

Eclipse

There is no discussion or plan to do that outside the ravings of the madmen on this board...

"That Others May Zoom"

Short Field

Quote from: robert.killion on May 20, 2010, 02:41:58 AM
We are an auxiliary to the Air Force, not our own entity, and we need to stay in these uniforms to show what branch we belong to.
CAP is a private, nonprofit, benevolent corporation chartered by Congress at Section 40301 of Title 36 of the U.S. Code.   CAP may be utilized as a civilian volunteer auxiliary of the Air Force. 
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

NCRblues

AF style is not going anywhere. Some members on this board say it over and over but we wont lose it. Not after this long. To much history and lets be honest way to much hassle to dump them. If cap would lose the AF connection or uniform, well IMHO a large section of members would walk away. Not what we need now or ever.
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

PHall

Boys, can you say TROLL?  And you all bit on that bait. ::)

manfredvonrichthofen

that is just what i want to make sure of. we need to keep this uniform and make sure that everyone knows it. the reason i post this is to make sure people know by everyone else knows we arent loosing it, im sorry i meant to make that clear in my original post but i accidentally omitted that whole section and then some from my post but thankfully i did get the response that i wanted, people agreeing that we need to keep the USAF uniforms for the purpose of tradition if nothing else.

a2capt

* a2capt is reminded to look under the bridge before crossing ...

KioGoten

Yeah... dont worry robert, the AF uniform will not be going anywhere.

Now you need to start worrying if we adopt the Navy uniform  :o
Then we would be ..... (Include your own explicit word here)  ;D
Capt Nelson Guadalupe, CAP
SWR-TX-313 Abilene Squadron
2LT Texas Guard
Midland Medical Division

tdepp

Todd D. Epp, LL.M., Capt, CAP
Sioux Falls Composite Squadron Deputy Commander for Seniors
SD Wing Public Affairs Officer
Wing website: http://sdcap.us    Squadron website: http://www.siouxfallscap.com
Author of "This Day in Civil Air Patrol History" @ http://caphistory.blogspot.com

JC004

manfredvonrichthofen

Well if the sky does start falling dont forget to get one of those little micro umbrellas that are authorized. No full sized umbrellas or youll be struck by lightning! :o

The CyBorg is destroyed

I still think that the modified CSU should be kept and the grey uniform phased out...but who cares what I think?
Exiled from GLR-MI-011